General Webb, Anyone know

warriors4life_old

Nobody really knows, doesn't look like he will be re-signed though and will probably take a deal in the ESL after finishing his time at the Warriors at the end of the season.

MiXmasterreece_old

100% sure he will go to the ESL. All mail coming out of Penrose says to Leeds.

You heard it here first.

Warrioraholic_old

Disgusting really that we can sign everyone else but our star player. If I won big wednesday I would buy this club god dammit and run it properly

I know they do a top job at the club but so many calls just baffle me. And I hate people saying he has to fit under the cap, because that is crap.

MiXmasterreece_old

Warrioraholic said:
Disgusting really that we can sign everyone else but our star player. If I won big wednesday I would buy this club god dammit and run it properly

I know they do a top job at the club but so many calls just baffle me. And I hate people saying he has to fit under the cap, because that is crap.

If a player asks for an inflated pay increase (probably more than the market rate) and there are a number of very talented replacements who come cheaper what would you do ?

It's good business

MarkW_old

Well, we know he's on 250k with his current contract courtesy of Mick & Co. The management of today made Webb a 'preliminary' offer which was well below his current rate - and as far as I am aware, have not approached him with a better deal.
Remember also that Webb was one of the players that was getting the extra 'benefits' under the old management, which we now know helped exceeded the club salary cap.
A move to the ESL I believe, is top of Webb's list.

MiXmasterreece_old

MarkW said:
The management of today made Webb a 'preliminary' offer which was well below his current rate

There is no official statement on that so it's simply speculation.

But agree with the rest of your post.

warriors4life_old

MiXmasterreece said:
Warrioraholic said:

If a player asks for an inflated pay increase (probably more than the market rate) and there are a number of very talented replacements who come cheaper what would you do ?

It's good business

Yeah it really depends how much Webb was asking for, because if he asks for too much then the Warriors can just look across the Tasman and see a guy like McKinnon or Greenshields doing the job and know that they can get away with paying a lot less for a fullback.

PC_old

They should just move on , if they can't fit him under their cap , buy another promising player from the feeder clubs in Aussie , get some of their young talent
:arrow:

MiXmasterreece_old

PC said:
They should just move on , if they can't fit him under their cap , buy another promising player from the feeder clubs in Aussie , get some of their young talent
:arrow:

I agree that if it continues down the road i think it will then yes move on, but no more feeder talent we already have kirk i

MarkW_old

The club can't officially 'chase' any players until after the June 30th anti-tampering deadline. So, I guess all will be revealed in a couple of weeks.

D Generation X_old

nope dont no either but i dont think the will re-sign him anyway hopefully we do

jahc_old

It seems these days that whenever a top young player plays great, he becomes too good for the NRL (to afford) and the ESL clubs sign him up. I wonder how long the NRL will remain the worlds toughest league competition.

Skinny_Ravs82

Yeah I know what ya mean. NRL is getting a bit silly if they can't afford to keep players..makes me wonder how muc the ESL is spending thou...

Warrior_Hot_Stepper_old

i will be very disapointed if they dont resign webb, he has been the most consistant player all season(say i if you agree), they better get there act together and resign him for what he wants, he desereves it.

Warrioraholic_old

Wonder if he would get selected for the kiwis if he goes back to oz or to ESL.

sebastian_old

Well we officially have competion for wade mccinion, the bulldogs & rabbits have give him a notice. I guess the bulldogs see a bargain as well. The bunnies are in sign everything with a football in his hands mode(which will come back to bite them). I still think wade will come here if we offer some decent cash, but hes after a 3-4 year deal. He wants a long deal rather than a big cash amount. Thats where the bargain for someone of his talent lies i guess.

MarkW_old

Webb watch:

He's had offers from a few ESL clubs. St Helens is out because they have already filled their quota of imports. Leeds are interested and so are Les Catalans. France is the popular option from what I've heard. Nothing is official yet, but the ESL looks highly likely for Webby. Apparently Warriors management have pretty much been avoiding him as well.

2big2strong_old

MarkW said:
Webb watch:

He's had offers from a few ESL clubs. St Helens is out because they have already filled their quota of imports. Leeds are interested and so are Les Catalans. France is the popular option from what I've heard. Nothing is official yet, but the ESL looks highly likely for Webby. Apparently Warriors management have pretty much been avoiding him as well.

havn't leeds and les catalans already filled their quota? what is it 3 australians?

Does Japan come under the overseas quota i wonder or is there some sort of leniancy? if so Webb is eligible for a Japanese passport.