Careless or intended, he committed the offence and broke the guy's teeth, that must be worth more than what he got, something stinks about this.
100% agree with you. Shocked to listen to Graham Annesley & his team of monkey idiots. They explain what happened & said it was fair contact however forgot to think about how Eagan’s teeth broke (magic). I just think if that was Jazz on a storm player he would have been sin binned & given 4 weeks.

100% agree with you. Shocked to listen to Graham Annesley & his team of monkey idiots. They explain what happened & said it was fair contact however forgot to think about how Eagan’s teeth broke (magic). I just think if that was Jazz on a storm player he would have been sin binned & given 4 weeks.
Yeah I think this is a case of, NRL - storm have a few injuries, we better not make it worse for them if they might not make the top 4. If Storm don’t make the top 4 all NRL fans are going to defect to AFL. 🙄 if only they had the same feeling about the warriors and union , we might get a fair ref each week.

I reckon he’s been fantastic considering the lack of go forward he gets to work off. Smart player and loves playing for the Warriors. He’d definitely be my player of the year.

Could improve with age too, if he stays injury free and we get him a better platform to work with/

I like hookers to be elusive, strong and fast. They must be elite in one of the above areas plus have a high IQ or a disposition to learn the tricks of the trade. None of our hooking options rank highly in any of those three areas. I have very little faith in Lussick and Otukolo, well atleast the fact that they will develop into outstanding hooker here. I think we need atleast a dynamic option to come in with some of those raw abilities listed above. It will change our attack.
Personally I think the most import attribute of a hooker is a crisp, long and accurate pass

Second very smart decision making and the ability to control the tempo of the game

Third rock solid D

Depending on your halves the running game is a real plus, but I’d take the above fundamentals first.

Lussick has a defensive game that can change the momentum of a game, which surprised me given how skinny he is. He needs to improve his pass but that’s not hard to improve if you practice enough. I’m keen to see how he goes. I’m happy to let Otukolo go, he’s shown nothing that excites me.

Egan…he’s ok, but I dont see him winning us a comp. Obviously I’d take Api, Grant, Smith, Reed or Cook but realistically they aren’t coming to the Warriors any time soon.

Egan based on multiple conversations we have had about him is ranked about 10th in the nrl amongst hookers

That makes him in the top ten hookers on the planet. Count your blessings we have him. He is good enough for us to get into the top 8 or if he was surrounded by great players for us to win a premiership.
I would hazard a guess that improving at hooker is not a top priority on the warriors recruitment list.

Egan based on multiple conversations we have had about him is ranked about 10th in the nrl amongst hookers

That makes him in the top ten hookers on the planet. Count your blessings we have him. He is good enough for us to get into the top 8 or if he was surrounded by great players for us to win a premiership.
I would hazard a guess that improving at hooker is not a top priority on the warriors recruitment list.
I disagree. I think he'd be lucky to be 10th on his performances in the warriors' jersey. He might be if our pack consistently asserted dominance.

In no particular order:
Grant
Koroisau
Smith
Cook
Robson
Mahoney
Brailey
Croker
Verrills
JMK
Hodgson
Woolford
Hunt

You are missing the second brailey off your list and Starling and he slips in after both of them at tenth

Easily better than Verrils who plays behind a juggernaut so it is hard for him to not look good.
JMK is awful and Lussick is probably better than him.
And hodgson shouldnt be on the list given how little he played this season.

Honestly bro we have debated this numerous times and everyone concedes he is 10th
Guess I'm not everyone. Just because Hodgson was out injured doesn't make Egan a better player. JMK is awful? interesting. He made the kiwis 24.... Verrills is a good hooker. But as I said, rankings may change if our pack dominates.

Personally I think the most import attribute of a hooker is a crisp, long and accurate pass

Second very smart decision making and the ability to control the tempo of the game

Third rock solid D

Depending on your halves the running game is a real plus, but I’d take the above fundamentals first.

Lussick has a defensive game that can change the momentum of a game, which surprised me given how skinny he is. He needs to improve his pass but that’s not hard to improve if you practice enough. I’m keen to see how he goes. I’m happy to let Otukolo go, he’s shown nothing that excites me.

Egan…he’s ok, but I dont see him winning us a comp. Obviously I’d take Api, Grant, Smith, Reed or Cook but realistically they aren’t coming to the Warriors any time soon.
Hey mate, great first up post and welcome to the forum!

Guess I'm not everyone. Just because Hodgson was out injured doesn't make Egan a better player. JMK is awful? interesting. He made the kiwis 24.... Verrills is a good hooker. But as I said, rankings may change if our pack dominates.
It does make him better because Hodgson doesn't count right now. When Hodgson comes back watch for him to be completely off the pace for about 7 to 8 games. You can't put long term injured guys in the list for who is best in the NRL or any sporting list.

JMK is lucky to be in the kiwis 24 because there was no one else possible.
I agree the pack matters which is why Egan looking half way decent behind a mediocre pack scores him bigger points than Verrils being mediocre himself behind a huge pack.

Do you agree or concede that Egan is good at increasing our set yardage by doing flat passes to our props that allow them to get a roll on and hit it at pace.

It does make him better because Hodgson doesn't count right now. When Hodgson comes back watch for him to be completely off the pace for about 7 to 8 games. You can't put long term injured guys in the list for who is best in the NRL or any sporting list.

JMK is lucky to be in the kiwis 24 because there was no one else possible.
I agree the pack matters which is why Egan looking half way decent behind a mediocre pack scores him bigger points than Verrils being mediocre himself behind a huge pack.

Do you agree or concede that Egan is good at increasing our set yardage by doing flat passes to our props that allow them to get a roll on and hit it at pace.
I don't agree or refute the notion. A dummy half's role is to put the ball in the hands of those who are in the best position (subjective) at the time. That might be props, halves, outside backs, back rowers or even the fullback. The whole point is about how well a hooker reads the game and I'm not convinced on Egan. Solid, without a doubt. Will we win a title with him? Nope. (hope I'm wrong).

Reactions: Wrighty

Dixpat

In Andy we (have to) trust
Contributor
You are missing the second brailey off your list and Starling and he slips in after both of them at tenth

Easily better than Verrils who plays behind a juggernaut so it is hard for him to not look good.
JMK is awful and Lussick is probably better than him.
And hodgson shouldnt be on the list given how little he played this season.

Honestly bro we have debated this numerous times and everyone concedes he is 10th

Not bad for someone who is awful

That player of the year award to JMK is up there with Jazz's prank Daly M while he was still inexperienced and learning his trade. Jazz is ten times better now but doesn't win a Daly M. Yet won the award when he was fresh on the scene and ill disciplined.
No telling how they give out awards.

A major part of Bulldogs poor multiple seasons has been JMK commiting multiple errors and turn overs every game Major liability and comfortably the worst NRL level hooker I have seen in my lifetime.

Reactions: Fonzie