General Warriors young gun Shaun Johnson set for second-season sizzle

Defence_old

In the 80s phil Blake had the running game to match Johnson- not so flash on the ball playing tho. Ewen mcgrady was unstoppable.....for a year

Jesbass_old

I think 75% of second year syndrome is self-fulfilling prophecy.

The other 25% would be opposition players being more familiar with your style of play and working to counteract it.

d13_old

In the 80s phil Blake had the running game to match Johnson- not so flash on the ball playing tho. Ewen mcgrady was unstoppable.....for a year

When you come to think of it,there really is nobody from the NRL in the last 20 years that has the pace Johnson does IMO,certain players showed glimpses of pace at times as mentioned already,the likes of Brandy,Sandow,Mundine even Stacey Jones had some good pace for a little guy,it's a major asset for a half,puts the defences in 2 minds every time whether playing flat or coming from deep

Swanley_old

When you come to think of it,there really is nobody from the NRL in the last 20 years that has the pace Johnson does IMO,certain players showed glimpses of pace at times as mentioned already,the likes of Brandy,Sandow,Mundine even Stacey Jones had some good pace for a little guy,it's a major asset for a half,puts the defences in 2 minds every time whether playing flat or coming from deep

Martin Offiah was quicker than Johnson...

Defence_old

If your just talking pace yeah I've never seen a halfback as quick as Johnson. Hes one out of the box

Tajhay_old

that try against the broncos was freaking amazing. loved it.

moltzen is halfback for tigers this year...he wouldnt be a slouch either.

d13_old

If your just talking pace yeah I've never seen a halfback as quick as Johnson. Hes one out of the box

Yep just that out & out pure pace,Johnson is definitely 1 of the fastest if not thee fastest halfbacks I've seen,you don't really need pace ala Thurston who's a genius I'm just bringing it up because I can't recall a faster halfback from recent times

waipiro_old

I see sheens mentioned moltzen/marshall were the fastest halves pairing in the NRL. Maloney aint no slouch so i reckon we may have them edged....

Fazz_old

Plus both of our halves are actually decent halves...Moltzen is the most overrated pea heart running around in the NRL.

"Wah, I don't wanna go to the Dragons even though I signed a contract."

2big2strong_old

Plus both of our halves are actually decent halves...Moltzen is the most overrated pea heart running around in the NRL.

"Wah, I don't wanna go to the Dragons even though I signed a contract."

What bout J-Dug?

Fazz_old

The Dugan has heart. That boil that put him out for one week would have taken down god himself.

Seriously though, he gets hammered most weeks and gets up, I'm not going to deny that he's tough. I just hate the hype around him.