General 2023 Week 1 Finals Opponents

just told my mate in Melbourne...he is not impressed. He said so what.

I said he AFL has spent millions trying to beat NRL in the ratings. Go suck a lemon
The Broncos were the only club to average crowds of over 30,000. The AFL had 13 clubs that exceeded that figure. So as far as crowd figures are concerned they lead by a long way. But the fact that the NRL topped the television viewership ratings reflects how hard it is to watch AFL on TV.

The Broncos were the only club to average crowds of over 30,000. The AFL had 13 clubs that exceeded that figure. So as far as crowd figures are concerned they lead by a long way. But the fact that the NRL topped the television viewership ratings reflects how hard it is to watch AFL on TV.
I got my figures from Google.

The sport that AFL has hit hard is yawnion. The private schools in NSW and Queensland are changing to it.
That is impacting on union in NZ.
FFS who would ever have thought of a Going playing for the Warriors? That really flew under the radar.

I disagree. It will be a flop
I often wonder Bruce.
How many of these Eden Park lovers are actually Warrior Supporters, ie Season ticket holders?
I suspect most if they live in Auckland fall into the catagorie of Band wwagoners or just fans.
I doubt many season ticket holders are wanting to go to Eden Park

I often wonder Bruce.
How many of these Eden Park lovers are actually Warrior Supporters, ie Season ticket holders?
I suspect most if they live in Auckland fall into the catagorie of Band wwagoners or just fans.
I doubt many season ticket holders are wanting to go to Eden Park
I have mates who have season tickets at Eden Park. They love league as well, and always have. However I am going on my experience in 1988. The ground is a white elephant, and an ignorant crowd will not help.

I don’t mind the matchup, Luai is a big loss and they haven’t really got anyone that complements Cleary in they way he does. SJ should be able to test out Cogger and the left side.

To beat Penrith you have to be able to grind them out with field position and great defence. They aren’t going to give you more than 2-3 opportunities at most so you have to take them all and defend superbly.

At our absolute best we can do that, the main issue is we haven’t played well since the Sharks game. Its going to take a big turnaround to win it.

It seems like we can buy the finals tickets the Monday morning after the game. So tomorrow if we are going to Penrith.

just looking at the ladder, and what I think is a shocking result of not having home and away.

On PD we are not fourth but fifth behind the Knights.
The Bunnies, Eels should be in, the Roosters and Raiders out.

The NRL needs to look at that, but I doubt they see the need. they just want TV ratings.

just looking at the ladder, and what I think is a shocking result of not having home and away.

On PD we are not fourth but fifth behind the Knights.
The Bunnies, Eels should be in, the Roosters and Raiders out.

The NRL needs to look at that, but I doubt they see the need. they just want TV ratings.
The resting players made a mockery of the PD.

If we had our top team out there against the Dolphins, we would have probably finished 3rd instead of 5th based on PD.

Does anyone have experience buying GF tickets around here and then selling them? I really only want to go to watch us. So if I purchased tickets I would be keen to sell them if we don't make the GF.

Does anyone have experience buying GF tickets around here and then selling them? I really only want to go to watch us. So if I purchased tickets I would be keen to sell them if we don't make the GF.
I remember way back in 1995.
Ian Robson the CEO could have sold pork in Riyadh.
They were selling season tickets because we were going to make the grand final that year. :rolleyes:
They sold like hot cakes.
The ground was sold out, for the whole season, way before the season started.:eek:
When the season started the scalpers tried selling them, very few takers. They lost heaps.
As the season progressed, and we had a few losses, the crowds dwindled.
So my guess is that people will not have learned, and some will buy up their 6 sets and try to sell them.
I am dreading making that log in at 10am next Monday, or is it 12 noon?

The resting players made a mockery of the PD.

If we had our top team out there against the Dolphins, we would have probably finished 3rd instead of 5th based on PD.
The PD is from the whole season, not just one game. It shows that last seasons performance is no good for setting a level playing field for the next season.

This has been known about ever since they stopped the home and away.

Back