General 2023 Week 1 Finals Opponents

FB_IMG_1693728164986.jpg

The NRL do some dumb shit but in general I've found them to be pretty flexible when it comes to common sense scheduling.

I expect a genuinely favourable time slot will be agreed for week 2 or 3.

What will be most interesting is we would likely host the GF Qualifier in the Sunday avo slot which would lead to a raft of calls to move big matches back to Sunday avo

Knights or Raiders in Auckland week 2 is a dream matchup to get into the GF qualifier.

Yes the Knights form is a concern and we won't be taking them lightly but I'd be choosing them over Sharks or Roosters if I had the choice
100%

We have not matched up well against the Roosters this season, and would have to be 3/3 against Sharks which would be tough.

Much rather an in form Knights or Raiders who we have better records against.

Can't believe they gave us that timeslot, amazing. Wahs for the win
This is the perfect time slot for the Wahs - hard and fast track on a Saturday afternoon. Not too late.

Can you smell an upset cooking???

I just have this feeling that Webster has lined up Penrith deliberately. Beat the defending two time premiers at there place week 1 (knowing you have a safety net of week 2 at home)and your belief that you can win the whole thing must go through the roof.

One game to earn the right to a semi-final.

Webster v Cleary. I just have this feeling that we are going to take them on. And I have this feeling that the NRL really don’t want a 3 peat…

Watch the body language of the Wahs players and staff all week. Something is up.

I reckon they have targeted Penrith all year. To be the best you need to beat the best.

Bring. It. On.

Back