Vs

01 Jan 1970 12:00
minute

Match Stats

Player Statistics

# Player T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT/IT Pos DR H/M K/M AR/M E P

Player Statistics

# Player T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT/IT Pos DR H/M K/M AR/M E P
Gameday thread for Warriors games. Post your thoughts/discussion/news as the day and game unfolds. Scores/Stats update every 5mins during the game.
I dont think he's an expert on facefact's posting record. I didnt even remember when (or if) he said any of that shit.

Anyway he will be joining us here sometime soon so we'll able to further debate then...

well his opinion on Manu is obviously no secret.. given danpatmac immedietly know what i was talking about. And yes he's said all that shit and more - basically refuses to acknowledge that he's ever done anything good for our team.. I'm all for a discussion re: Manu - so long as it isn't started with: "Manu is a complete liability". because that almost guarantees it's not going to be a discussion.

Show some measure and look at what he does well for us rather than just counting his errors..

And if you/anyone still maintains that he's such a liability, why don't you suggest someone to take his place? And don't say Inu..

And god help us if that R-tard joins.. it's going to be a long season.. Half his posts are taking pot-shots at Manu, the other half are him defending his stance on Manu.. he's a fuckin bore that guy

Lego_Man

Illuminatus
The stats say that Manu today made 9 runs for 86 metres with 4 tackles. 2 errors committed.

Hardly inspiring stuff when you factor in the impact that his shitty defensive reads have.

Also saying "there is noone better" is not an excuse to stop all criticism. If he's playing shit, he's playing shit - and he IS a liability. There is always someone, whether it be a junior, or potential signing from another club, wanting to take his jersey. Maybe Slaimankel would be less of a liability? Maybe we should sign Morris/Uate/some other club's awesome winger.

He doesnt get a free pass based on past deeds and a cheeky smile...

Bro, in no way was Manu good in this game. Anything good he did was quickly ruined by an absolute clanger. His D was awful and he muffed a few attacking raids.

Danpatmac

DK, I understand what you are saying... All I meant was that today, in this game he was crap.
That doesn't mean he didn't do some good things (Inglis chase), but on the whole I felt he was crap.

Because I mention Facefacts doesn't make me Facefacts.

I like to think I'm slightly more mature and balanced.

The stats say that Manu today made 9 runs for 86 metres with 4 tackles. 2 errors committed.

Hardly inspiring stuff when you factor in the impact that his shitty defensive reads have.

Also saying "there is noone better" is not an excuse to stop all criticism. If he's playing shit, he's playing shit - and he IS a liability. There is always someone, whether it be a junior, or potential signing from another club, wanting to take his jersey. Maybe Slaimankel would be less of a liability? Maybe we should sign Morris/Uate/some other club's awesome winger.

He doesnt get a free pass based on past deeds and a cheeky smile...

Sorry what? Are you pretending to forget all the times i've criticised him this season in our face to face conversations? I think he's been poor this year.. I don't, however, think he's been a liability and i think what he brings to the team, both tangibly and intangibly, make up for the few errors etc he's been making lately. I'm trying to look at what he's doing wrong and what he's doing well.. To say that he was woeful today is ignoring his try saving tackle, his bat back that set up a try, and his 86 strong metres (since when is that a bad stat for a winger?).

And while we're talking about past deeds, what shitty defensive reads are you talking about?

Lego_Man

Illuminatus
Sorry what? Are you pretending to forget all the times i've criticised him this season in our face to face conversations? I think he's been poor this year.. I don't, however, think he's been a liability and i think what he brings to the team, both tangibly and intangibly, make up for the few errors etc he's been making lately. I'm trying to look at what he's doing wrong and what he's doing well.. To say that he was woeful today is ignoring his try saving tackle, his bat back that set up a try, and his 86 strong metres (since when is that a bad stat for a winger?).

And while we're talking about past deeds, what shitty defensive reads are you talking about?

Did you see him come in completely unnecessarily on Taylor, stand there looking at him while Taylor offloads to an unmarked Everingham?

And are you talking about the aimless batback which went back 20 metres into the arms of a Souffs player, leading to massive downfield bust?

What's your definition of "liability", because it's obviously that word you are taking offence at. And IMO there's no other way to describe Manu's D.

And no, i dont know anything about Slaimankhel. I just said that maybe it's a conversation that needs to be had. I dont see why Manu's position should be non-negotiable.

No, Tyrael, we can't. It'd scare the horses and be too disorientating because it's a new thing.

We've never been positive in the past.

Look, today was not a particularly stunning performance. Yes, we won, by 22 points which was more than I'd expected and as an added bonus that killed off our -22 PD, but we did concede Tchwenty Tcheuw which never fills me with great joy.

Inu went meh, okay, in my book. Not sure if I'd pick him as part of a Warriors Strongest XVII though - ie our best seventeen assuming everyone's fit and playing to their average ability (by average I mean a typical level of perfomance that that particular player generally brings to the game).

Manu, well, you all know my views on him which some of you have maybe with total justification poo-pooed (defence, defensive reads, tackling) - is it time to question Manu's position in the team in terms of where rather than if and the where could well be second row. He's not the winger he used to be (some of that's good, the Bob Te Manu trick doesn't seem as evident) but I wonder if he's lost, I dunno, the speed, the acceleration to be what he was. And factor in the eternal discussion of Jerome and his defensive reads and tackling and how that affects Manu and therefore what Manu does.

We showed a level of improvement - quite a level of improvement, actually, but no way no how will we be able to go to Melbourne, ship 22 points in defence (OT but I know there's been Spelling Nazi-type discussion about is it Defense or Defence either way it's better than D) and still get the chocolates. Same with Brisbane. We looked today like a team who had to win no matter how scrappy, ugly and unconvincing the win may be.

I truly expect better performances now we've snapped the losing streak.

And we won. Unlike a certain former Warriors coach's team.

I thought the team's atittude was better then the actual score. It was great to see Johnson get the ball more, even if it's only for a couple of seconds it makes the other teams defensive line nervous.