International New Zealand Kiwis

I still don't think Berry is world class yet but we have little option unless we think R. Smith is any better. Can Rapana play center?
Reimis is mud. Jordan getting long in the tooth. Berrys stocks are rising rapidly. Rather give it to Rocco and let him & Timoko build a deadly center pairing for years to come.

If you watched Rapana playing fullback this year, you wouldn't be saying he is long in the tooth
He is 34. Rocco is 22. If we want to build for the future then blood them now. It's not as if Berry has just come out of cup footy. He's got the taste of it and will only get better. I wouldn't moan if Raps was picked.

Definitely should build towards the future and we are

Griffin Neame
Jordan Riki
Timoko
Leo Thompson
R. Mulitalo
Papalii
Dylan Brown

All 25 under

The only ppl over 30 in the team that I could see are
SJ, Foran and Rapana.

Berry will get a shot eventually, it rare for a halfway decent Warrior who wants to play for NZ to not get at least one test in their careers.
We do have excellent power centers though so Berry will need a bit of luck with injury..well that is as it stands today.

Rocco might continue to surprise us all and have a stellar season where he tops Dally M center, he is very young and developing quickly, so we are far from seeing his ceiling yet, centers can take years to mature, some become test players as gnarled veterans that are just too consistent for too long, for selectors to ignore.

Personally I think Rocco will definitely play at some future point.

Back