• Eels 12-

Votes: 14 21.5%
  • Eels 13+

Votes: 5 7.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Conspiracy theory incoming...

The Warriors making the 8 would be such a monumental story of goodwill for the NRL, the refs have been instructed to give all 50/50s to us.

It started last week..
I have had similar thoughts myself. Given how the Sharks hold down in the tackle so badly (and assuming we beat the Eels today), all we need is a fair suck of the Sav from the ref next week and we should get plenty of 6 again.

Stalefish540

Contributor
Head wanted to tap fEels 1-12, but the boys deserve some support from the heart so went with the Janny Spesh.

Last year we copped some absolute dud calls from that scrub ref Sutton. I hope that forward pass he called has Dodge primed for a big one.

No loan players today, 100% Warriors squad. Go out there and do eachother proud. GL Warriors.

I look at our team on paper and still can't believe we are even competitive never mind the Team no other wants to play.

Like many other I will be happy if we give a good account of ourselves for 80 minutes. If we do that, and the Eels get the heebee jeebees we could be in with a fair chance.

My biggest fear for this team is injury. After a horror start to the year with so many season ending injuries, we have been relatively lucky so far. Tohu Harris, Roger and Kodi are almost irreplaceable and if one of them goes down for a while I think we are probably done.

So yes I have seen the previous Movies in this story arc and I know how they ended. However, this installment is different, gripping and has me hopeful again.

My keg is full, I have a shit ton of weed and a roast chicken dinner planned so it couldn't be a better day to be a Warriors supporter.

C'MON THE WARRIORS!

One game at a time boys. Every game a grand final. Lets hope the constant disruption to our combinations doesn’t finally see us unravel. You cannot keep it going if the players are chopping and changing infinitum.
I actually think this not being settled is the key to our new attitude
No game is taken for granted .No player to important.
Add in a completely under dog team each week
An a confidence that we can win an these boys are firing

We have found the good type of stress .an have the team to not fold or buckle under it .

Reactions: Worried2Death
Without Brown, the Eels are down!

Warriors by 4. Have a new drinking game - a slug of whatever drink everytime some Aussie commentator mentions how hard the Warriors have had it this season, etc etc in that "patronize that kid in the class we don't think is that bright" tone they always seem to adopt.

Coverage starts at 5PM. Expect to suffer severe alcohol poisoning by ooh....lemme see... Maybe as late as 5.25PM.

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor
Really no clue how this one is going to go- the extreme optimist is getting a little excited but the realist n me knows the Eels are a far better team and SHOULD be comfortable winners. All about effort for me, can stomach a loss if we give it a real shot and would love to keep the long shot dream alive another week

Warriors have gone really well at their adopted home ground at Central Coast stadium in Gosford.
This is also a CH9 Live game for those in Aussie without Kayo

I really think this game comes down to the Eels headspace.
The Eels can play really well or play like poop. They have lost some confidence and may need to win this to retain a top 4 spot.

I think the Warriors will win this in a close one. :)

Kodi Nikorima is the Warriors most dangerous player as he can break the line.
I reckon Waqa Blake is the Eels most dangerous player.

Even some of the Eels fans reckon the Warriors will win on the Eels fan forum.

the Warriors are showing really good shape on both sides of the field. one of our biggest strengths is their weakest, their defensive shape, particularly out wide. Hiku and Perhams' distribution could be a real factor.

Our Wingers cannot be drawn infield, Ferguson and Sivo are too dangerous. It is a tough ask but if mistakes are kept to a minimum with high completions we can go close. Especially if the Bench performs.

Conspiracy theory incoming...

The Warriors making the 8 would be such a monumental story of goodwill for the NRL, the refs have been instructed to give all 50/50s to us.

It started last week..
Conspiracy theory extended - the NRL didn’t like the style we played under Kearney - boring footy - and actively made sure it was a losing game model. The change in the refs attitude has been phenomenal since Payton took over.

Reactions: Off The Bench

bruce

Contributor
Conspiracy theory extended - the NRL didn’t like the style we played under Kearney - boring footy - and actively made sure it was a losing game model. The change in the refs attitude has been phenomenal since Payton took over.
I cannot go with the extension. I am sure it is the early theory. Vlandys like the club, for now, because we have saved them millions.

Reactions: Worried2Death
It's time to eat & some of our boys look hungry ... I'm picking Roger Tuivasa-Sheck, Hiku & Harris to feast on some smoked some eels today.

Despite they're good start to the season, Parra's edge defence has been absolutely woeful in recent timess & their attack can actually be completely rudderless & disorganized at times.

It's a simple formula, but if we maintain our current defensive standards, keep good line speed, minimize our errors, complete our sets at 75-80% or above & focus our attack on their edges with the likes of Roger Tuivasa-Sheck, Hiku, & Harris, then I reckon we could potentially smoke the eels.

I know ... I know ... it's a big call given our history of false dawns etc & admittedly I am very VERY high ATM lol ... but a great quote I heard recently from a very famous athlete/stoner has inspired me ...

" A delusion is only a goal that you haven't achieved yet" - Iron Mike Tyson

Last edited:
Our only 2 losses in recent times have been against other top 4 teams- Roosters and Panthers. We were within a try of both these premiership contenders. I think both those teams would put 50 on this parra side. I don't think they are on paper as superior as people making them out to be on this forum. I have been shit for a number of weeks now but have been getting by with close wins. Dragons beat them a couple of weeks ago and Sharks were robbed against them. If we turn up with the effort we had against the panthers, I think we can win today.

Warriors have gone really well at their adopted home ground at Central Coast stadium in Gosford.
This is also a CH9 Live game for those in Aussie without Kayo

I really think this game comes down to the Eels headspace.
The Eels can play really well or play like poop. They have lost some confidence and may need to win this to retain a top 4 spot.

I think the Warriors will win this in a close one. :)

Kodi Nikorima is the Warriors most dangerous player as he can break the line.
I reckon Waqa Blake is the Eels most dangerous player.

Even some of the Eels fans reckon the Warriors will win on the Eels fan forum.

Cheers bro. I joined Channel 9....dunno how their set up works, netball on right now, hopefully the right channel.

Status
Not open for further replies.