Warriors Orange Peeler
Jun 21, 2012
Mt. Wellington, Auckland
Warriors vs Cowboys Gameday Chatter [Round 5, 2020]

000000000.png

Warriors v Cowboys: Key trio set to return; Taumalolo to play
Troy Whittaker NRL.com Reporter
Thu 11 Jun 2020, 06:02 PM

The Warriors "host" North Queensland on the Central Coast after falling to earth with a thud last round.

Having earned praise for their 18-0 shutout of St George Illawarra a week earlier, the New Zealand club failed to trouble the scorers in a 26-point loss to Penrith last Friday.

The Cowboys were also given a reality check of sorts, producing an error-riddled display in a defeat to Cronulla after thrashing the Titans in round three.

Team News

Warriors: Peta Hiku will start at centre for Hayze Perham with Agnatius Paasi dropping out of the reserves list on Thursday. Lachlan Burr replaces Isaiah Papali'i in the starting pack in the Warriors' other change. The Warriors have won only two of their past 13 games against the Cowboys in Australia.

Cowboys: The Cowboys announced on Thursday that Jason Taumalolo would be part of the team to face the Warriors. The Tonga representative missed round four due to bone bruising on his knee. Ben Hampton, Jake Granville and John Asiata are out, with Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow debuting on the wing, Reece Robson at hooker, Coen Hess in the second row and Gavin Cooper moving to the bench. Reuben Cotter joins the interchange. Corey Jensen and Peter Hola were omitted from the extended squad 24 hours before kick-off. Cowboys winger Kyle Feldt has scored nine tries in six games against the Warriors.

Key Match-Up

It's always exciting when two top-line fullbacks clash, and we're in for a treat with Roger Tuivasa-Sheck up against Valentine Holmes. Warriors captain Roger Tuivasa-Sheck is a model of consistency, while Holmes has shown glimpses of his brilliant best upon returning to the NRL.

000000000.png

playdaball

Heritage Member
Apr 23, 2012
I’ve gone the Panthers 13+... can see them putting on 26 points against our defence. Can’t see us scoring much.

Got a good feeling I’m going to be right 😉
Based on your post, I’m going to go to the TAB and pick a 26-0 score line.

playdaball

Heritage Member
Apr 23, 2012
Jason Taumalolo has been cleared to play ... Cowboys 13+

Tragic

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 27, 2016
Kumeu
The cowboys 13 doesnt look that scary and we know what we can dish up. Be 0-0 for the first 20 JT to come on and make the difference and they go ahead before halftime then run away with it in the 2nd half.

Reactions: YeahNah 4020

Geoff Public

It's our year, yeah, yeah.
Contributor
Dec 7, 2018
Auckland
I'm going the Warriors. The Cowboys starting halves and hooker have only played 51 1st grade games between them.

We are the worst point scoring team in the comp by miles. The Cowboys average just under 25 points a game compared to our 6, so we are going to have to do better in attack. A lot better .

Oh and Blair vs McGuire who's going to give away the dumbest penalty?

Miket12

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 20, 2012
Worse bit about this game..... after them finally deciding what the bug was causing the abdominal pain throughout the last couple of weeks and the right meds, I'm no longer have any pain........... until 8.00pm tonight.

Think., for my own mental health, I'll miss the game and limit my time on the forum next week. I get the feeling tonight is going to get very ugly. Oh, and if I was Toovey, I'd expect a phone call sometime early next week from Penrose.

Miket12

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 20, 2012
And why, oh why, are the mods making us relive the pain from last weekend again?/\/\/\/\

1591913170152.png

Reactions: Raw Power

Raw Power

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 30, 2016
Brisbane
Even if the unlikely / underachiever sides get it together at the start of the game and pile on some points (it would be astounding with us and point scoring)
... as the game progresses they get found out
... hence The Bronc's V Manly last night

The heartbreaks are starting at 6pm here in Aus ... take it easy on your selves!

Mind you I collected a hundred to one horse the other week, so... Nah!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings