Votes: 3 3.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score

Pricey

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Mr. Brownstone can breathe easily, there is life after SJ.;)
Yes but now Mr Brownstone will have to watch Sharkies games to see his dream lover running around and count posts in their forums to see who has posted anything negative about his man crush

MY apologies in advance MR B incase you identify as a they or them or a sixteen year old girl

Reaction score

warriors4eva

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
We all know Halligan is hard to listen to but i think he has met his match in Morgan

F@rk that was painful. Especially the comment at the start when Fus got his legs taken out from under him, " oh i think the refs will be allowing that alot more in the NRL this season !!!!

WTF !!. Who commentates on the Radio ?, might have to mute the telly in favour of the old Radio !

Reaction score
Sup42

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
The Aussie footy shows did the usual this week, talked around the Warriors and not about them, all the focus was on the Dogs.

Good bloody job. I know its not their role to discuss the NZ side, but at least with NZ sports commentators they will say something about the opposition in the lead up to games.

Hopefully its another wankfest early in the season with the Aussies running to catch up with the shock realisation that the Warriors are a contender . . .even from the point of view of posing a threat in their competition.

Hats off to the NRLs respectful (largely) support of our people over here this weekend otherwise.

Reaction score
surfin

surfin

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
We all know Halligan is hard to listen to but i think he has met his match in Morgan

F@rk that was painful. Especially the comment at the start when Fus got his legs taken out from under him, " oh i think the refs will be allowing that alot more in the NRL this season !!!!

WTF !!. Who commentates on the Radio ?, might have to mute the telly in favour of the old Radio !
The really sad bit was he was the only that actually knew the rule. You can tackle an attacking player in the air, so unless the rule changes the refs will be allowing it this year.

Reaction score

warriors4eva

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
A interesting dilemma for Mooks next week.

Issac definitely comes back but do they go with 3 small guys ?? or someone drops off. I can see Luke first game back coming off the bench but Jazz or Roache missing out. After tonight i think Nate would start.

I think Burr has done well enough to be in the 17, if not getting that lock spot and Papalli taking Ayshfords place.

Where is Pulu ? have him everyday of the week over Lisone !

Reaction score
Stalefish540

Stalefish540

Fold it
Contributor
Reaction score
Whats everybodys thoughts on the attacker being able to be tackled in the air?? I've never liked the rule myself.

I understand the rule is likely due to the attacker having the momentum running onto the ball, so how else it a flat footed defender supposed to have a fair shot at it(thats the only reason I can think of why it would make sense).

It was good to see Kearney address it, and say he was going to raise the issue with the NRL. I'm not sure the answer to the solution, but hes completely right they always look so awkward and dangerous. It's only a matter of time before someone lands on their neck.

Reaction score
Sup42

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
Whats everybodys thoughts on the attacker being able to be tackled in the air?? I've never liked the rule myself.

I understand the rule is likely due to the attacker having the momentum running onto the ball, so how else it a flat footed defender supposed to have a fair shot at it(thats the only reason I can think of why it would make sense).

It was good to see Kearney address it, and say he was going to raise the issue with the NRL. I'm not sure the answer to the solution, but hes completely right they always look so awkward and dangerous. It's only a matter of time before someone lands on their neck.
Its a hard one.

I dont know the answer.

The hard truth is that the only way to stop someone getting badly hurt is to ban attacking kicks to offensive players in the air.

The game would survive if you took that aspect out of play all together, but it would look very different.

Reaction score
Makasene

Makasene

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
A lot was written about the goal kicking over the off season. Another hole left by Johnson.

I know the trials showed Keighran was capable but I was thinking there would be nerves stepping up to first grade so as long as he gets most of them and builds up by the time the finals come around.

After today what the F do I know. He kicked well.
Never worried me.

Kicked most goals in ISP last year and kicked them at 81%.

He was a lock all off season in my eyes

Reaction score
Makasene

Makasene

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score

Without the rule the attacker scores 100% of the time so I support it.

The caveat I guess is that you can't put the attacker in a dangerous position.

If Fus gets dumped on his head it would absolutely be a penalty

Reaction score
snake77

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
I know the Bulldogs weren't real threatening with ball in hand. But they were completing their sets so any repeats we were getting were not really from the opposition turning over the ball. So to get any repeat we had to earn them.

Still though coaches put a big emphasis completing sets as usually if you complete at a high percentage you win. Usually if you put 40 on an opposition they turn over a lot of ball.

We put 40 on a team that was completing their sets at one point 93% completion rate.

Reaction score
eudebrito

eudebrito

|-|
Contributor
Reaction score
I was quite nervous about this game, before the events of yesterday, then stopped caring about it.

Was nervous at the time because its a big day for the club, opening the 25 year season at home, regardless if your playing some spud team of no hopers, remember when we opened up against the nailed on wooden spooner knights in 2017 and barely staggered over the line, you knew right then nothing had changed and the season won't amount to anything.

But really it was a big day because they made the biggest playing roster decision since 2004 over the summer and they couldn't afford to have the first evidence of it (trials don't count) blow up in their face. Has nothing to do with what that player does at that other team, has everything to do with the warriors ability to raise their standards across the board and make life easy for the replacement - which they did in rousing fashion.

Liked the way the attack looked more like attacking the gaps in front of them, the opposite defence was shoddy, but less of the setting up for the shifts out to the right wing.

And Ah Mau off the bench is a fearsome weapon, most teams have good starting packs but gets a bit light on the bench, this bloke will be huge if he stays in that role.

Last edited:
Reaction score

Mr Brownstone

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Yes but now Mr Brownstone will have to watch Sharkies games to see his dream lover running around and count posts in their forums to see who has posted anything negative about his man crush

MY apologies in advance MR B incase you identify as a they or them or a sixteen year old girl
Once again you have been unable to post about SJ without including sexual undertones. You are clearly projecting something.

That aside, awesome performance and in particular I enjoyed seeing a few of the maligned players such as Kata and Lisone have some real impact. In fact Kata at right centre looked a million dollars I thought - surplus salary cap problem solved!!

Reaction score

ArtySubs

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
A interesting dilemma for Mooks next week.

Issac definitely comes back but do they go with 3 small guys ?? or someone drops off. I can see Luke first game back coming off the bench but Jazz or Roache missing out. After tonight i think Nate would start.

I think Burr has done well enough to be in the 17, if not getting that lock spot and Papalli taking Ayshfords place.

Where is Pulu ? have him everyday of the week over Lisone !
I would have agreed with you re: Lisone but man he deserves another go after that game, definitely looks bigger and fitter great rotation with him and bunty and paasi and Ah Mau it’s like for like.
Luke starts Roche as back up tbh I thought he was a bit slow to pass out of dh but rest of game good maybe a bit rusty Jazz backrow/dh reserve 2 props.
Liked Blair @ 11
Bench:
Roche
Jazz
Ah Mau
Lisone

Reaction score

Off The Bench

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Member how Corvo said it might take 2-3 seasons to get us fully to his standards too...

Hopefully this game has given everybody down south something nice to think about for 80 minutes too. Much love ❤
Just on that I took the bus as my street is cordened off .So went to the pub in
Hornsby which is just down the road from work ..Apart from road detours armed
Police patrolling .Everybody was happy .Not one person at the pub mentioned it
The darts team an a handful of warriors fans just normal banter .Very refreshing .
I only go there during NRL season .But even the bus everyone was chatting happily
Total strangers it was one big conversation it was a litfle weird but I don't think anyone wanted
To be affected ..
Well apart from the 1 half hours to get there .But we are veterans down here

Reaction score

Mr Brownstone

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
I may have an admin role going that might suit you
I hope you have noted my 'like' tally through the offseason for many of your Kata posts. While less vocal due to my clearly misjudged focus on how we could even score a single try in 2019 without SJ, I to have always been a big supporter of Kata and have never doubted his credentials as our number 1 centre. However on the right side of the field I believe he can now push on to assume the mantle of number 1 centre in the comp.

Reaction score
Inruin

Inruin

Kata Fan Club - Colonel
Contributor
Reaction score
I hope you have noted my 'like' tally through the offseason for many of your Kata posts. While less vocal due to my clearly misjudged focus on how we could even score a single try in 2019 without SJ, I to have always been a big supporter of Kata and have never doubted his credentials as our number 1 centre. However on the right side of the field I believe he can now push on to assume the mantle of number 1 centre in the comp.
Duly noted. While your application has been made in the wrong place and attention to detail is crucial in the role of Kata Fan Club membership admin, I am willing to still accept your expression of interest. I cannot, however, overlook the fact that you are clearly over qualified for the role. Perhaps Vice President may be a more suitable fit for a person of your undoubted intelligence and capacity for rational thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom