Not open for further replies.
Sledge

Sledge

E9741551 CFF4 478D 91F3 8BC93FFA78F5

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Raw Power

Raw Power

I’m surprisingly calm. We’re not expected to win. We could lose by 40 and it’ll be “yep, saw that coming. Oh wells”.

Pressure is on you guys. I mean, even if you lose it’ll still be a great start to the season and will bring you back to earth leading in to next week. But you’re expected to destroy us.

You've been deep breathing... haven't you?

• Haha
AlexM

AlexM

Would like to put 60 unanswered points on , really need it for points diff haha

Reactions: 3 users
surfin

surfin

I’m surprisingly calm. We’re not expected to win. We could lose by 40 and it’ll be “yep, saw that coming. Oh wells”.

Pressure is on you guys. I mean, even if you lose it’ll still be a great start to the season and will bring you back to earth leading in to next week. But you’re expected to destroy us.

Know that feeling well, sucks when anything other than a slaughter is a plus.

Reactions: 2 users
Run_it_str8

Run_it_str8

You've been deep breathing... haven't you?

It can look downright goofy but it has quite the profound effect.

Like training really hard in preseason.
Minimising injuries and off season surgeries.
Having squad depth.
Listening to your fucking coach for a change.

• Haha
Raw Power

Raw Power

and looking outside right now... it is pretty bloody wet.

From my days growing up in Auckland... that always meant good drinking weather!

We may get some wet stuff here too today and at least with cable tv there is no rain fade (i remember!):

Brisbane for Saturday 30°C, Partly cloudy. Medium chance of showers and the chance of a thunderstorm, most likely in the late afternoon and evening. Light winds becoming NW 15 to 20 km/h in the morning then tending N in the evening.

Game on... Go the Warriors

Reactions: 2 users
Run_it_str8

Run_it_str8

Would like to put 60 unanswered points on , really need it for points diff haha

Yeah Dragons points diff is off the charts. But hey being minor prems guarantees nothing in the finals series so I'm focusing on making the dam finals first. Then getting to the big dance. Then dancing lol.

Darkone

Darkone

I think the weather may have the last say. If Bennett lets you guys chuck it round a bit and not play as structured as the Cowboys did last week then could see points from both sides. If it’s a grind we should win...but haven’t seen this Warriors side play in the wet yet.

Jeez its hot in Bondi today,

Watched Warriors kick Rooster butt in the heat some weeks back,

Am excited to see how you handle the wet today, should be your strength....

Warriors by 12

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

Snoopy

Given the wet weather the Warriors will need to adapt their style. A good test and helps get us ready for Winter

Rizzah

Rizzah

Stop Being Shit
Contributor
Admittedly I'm not in Auckland; but my Dutch weather app says it could clear up for the game.;):nailbiting:
Screenshot 20180414 122502

Reactions: 1 user
Sup42

Sup42

Mt Smart is a miserable place to travel to on days like this.

Industrial landscapes, the dark foreboding Manukau Harbour, sinister...the Black Ocean to nowhere New Zealands West coast.

The drive past Metal scrap traders, Panel Beaters. Old Stone walls, Overgrown weed....hell the place actually has its own form of stinging plant, the Onehunga weed.

New Zealand is the most beautiful land in the world, but you don't see any of that when you get off a plane...it's all carefully hidden from visiting Rugby League teams as though someone like Peter Jackson designed the set from a dystopian Zombie apocalyptic Suburbian nightmare.

Our winters days...days like today...are depressing, the damp enters your bones, you don't want to get out of bed, the noise of the wind in the trees is like the flooding of your senses with crashing waves on a shore, you feel exposed even when wrapped up warm inside.

Belting rain in your eyes, cold winds, and the Grey...you can't describe the Grey...if there is a hell...it is infinity spent in a place like Penrose with nothing to do....

It is fair to say that in these conditions some of the Native inhabitants went quietly mad and started hunting and eating people.

Welcome to Penrose where Warriors are waiting to set upon your band of travelers with a fury - with a ferocity twenty years and then some in the creating.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 15 users
Deranged

Deranged

Gotta admit.
I am a bit of a fan of Sam Thaiday. :)
He is funny off the field and gets respect from both opposing players & fans

1235c8b7a55a36bc26248f379c84e499.jpeg
Just hope he isn't trying to get a win again today.

Reactions: 1 users

AusWarriorsFan

Yeah Dragons points diff is off the charts. But hey being minor prems guarantees nothing in the finals series so I'm focusing on making the dam finals first. Then getting to the big dance. Then dancing lol.

Like I said in another thread, they have only played 1 expected top 8 team and played the sharks twice, 20 points diff last night, then the titan touch up 40 points diff there. Thats 60 points in the positive in 2 games. They still let in tries, thats what matters. The only time Ive been impressed by for and against was the Storm last year, they had a pt diff higher than some teams points scored.

Our Defense is pretty much on par with them. We just havnt flogged many teams yet, but we will, of the few non top 8 teams we will. I just dont think its today :), a desperate Broncos team in the wet.

Thats why I think Soward has promoted the warriors to the #1 power play team this week.

Remember last year the Dragons 7/7, remember the dramatic slide afterward :).

They look great right now, and dont get me wrong they have a great spine, but to be honest, the rest on paper isnt that great. Come back round 15 and see where the points diff is at, I wouldnt be surprised if the Storm is well ahead of the dragons.

The Warriors have a much harder draw. The next 4 weeks alone Dragons, Storm, Tigers, Roosters. All top 8 teams and today a team desperate to win to have a chance of making the 8.

Raw Power

Raw Power

Mt Smart is a miserable place to travel to on days like this.

Industrial landscapes, the dark foreboding Manukau Harbour, sinister...the Black Ocean to nowhere New Zealands West coast.

The drive past Metal scrap traders, Panel Beaters. Old Stone walls, Overgrown weed....hell the place actually has its own form of stinging plant, the Onehunga weed.

New Zealand is the most beautiful land in the world, but you don't see any of that when you get off a plane...it's all carefully hidden from visiting Rugby League teams as though someone like Peter Jackson designed the set from a dystopian Zombie apocalyptic Suburbian nightmare.

Our winters days...days like today...are depressing, the damp enters your bones, you don't want to get out of bed, the noise of the wind in the trees is like the flooding of your senses with crashing waves on a shore, you feel exposed even when wrapped up warm inside.

Belting rain in your eyes, cold winds, and the Grey...you can't describe the Grey...if there is a hell...it is infinity spent in a place like Penrose with nothing to do....

It is fair to say that in these conditions some of the Native inhabitants went quietly mad and started hunting and eating people.

Welcome to Penrose where Warriors are waiting to set upon your band of travelers with a fury - with a ferocity twenty years and then some in the creating.

Absolutely fantastic post 10 out of 10!. I am glad I’m in Aussie

• Haha

AusWarriorsFan

Admittedly I'm not in Auckland; but my Dutch weather app says it could clear up for the game.;):nailbiting:
]
There is an Irish joke in there somewhere lol.

It looks like the Rain is heavy prior to kick off and dies out during the game to a drizzle by end of game. Keep in mind Auckl is a big place too. But yeah its like a blanket, of mist. I was hoping for some Sun in Auck :)

Broncos desperate, wet weather = low score and warriors having to control the game with holding onto the ball and green putting in the kicks for yardage and in goal grubbers, wait for Broncos to make the mistakes. Back to basic, pass, catch, under the wing like super glue so no shoulders knock it out, 4 hit ups, one pass wide. Then a kick for the corner. Thats if Luke hasnt stoken 30 metres up the middle. I expect Kearney to ask us to lower our offload count, rightly so, unless they are 100%, so that pretty much means only Harris is allowed to offload.

Pricey

Is Wayne coaching with his little or big head today?

• Haha
Reactions: 16 users

j-bob

This game is season defining imo.

If the boys play well and lose.. No biggie they played well and will not win every game.

If they play well and win against a side that will be firing and desperate, The confidence gained is going to mean other sides have to beat them.

We haven't had a warriors team that other sides have had to lift to beat for fucking ages.

We win this and play with the same commitment as the last five....

Then we are going to give it a red hot crack this year... And look out next

jonno

jonno

Raining quite heavy right now.

Shaping up to be a sog-fest...
ginger-wet.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Status
Not open for further replies.