• DRAW

• Broncos 12-

• Broncos Buckin!

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Stone

Stone

How did it feel all those years when the Warriors were losing?

It feels like that.
Pfffttt!!! ... talk it up why don't ya chief ... one poor start to a season doesn't even come close to 6 LONG YEARS of gut wrenching misery, pain & suffering

Shit ... just typing that bummed me out hard :(:depressed:

I need my happy place ... Is it too early to start drinking ??? :hungover::p

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users
mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Miserable day today in Auckland. Even if it fines up the field will be soaked.

Im expecting a tough battle today but the Warriors fitness to get us past the Broncos. Brisbane's greatest asset, their big pack, will also be there biggest undoing. They wont be able to keep up in the long run. As long as we can contain them defensively we will win this in a canter...

Reactions: 11 users
ToiletDuck

ToiletDuck

Administrator
Miserable day today in Auckland. Even if it fines up the field will be soaked.

Im expecting a tough battle today but the Warriors fitness to get us past the Broncos. Brisbane's greatest asset, their big pack, will also be there biggest undoing. They wont be able to keep up in the long run. As long as we can contain them defensively we will win this in a canter...

This has been my fear all week. And it was quite surprising when Cameron George said on radio earlier in the week that we should get another sell out as the weather was looking good....heavy rain and storms have been forecast for over a week o_O

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Tooshay (it's French apparently).
Tooheys is Australian bro...

0002544 tooheys new 30 pack 375ml cans 32604142543459712801280

• Haha
Reactions: 12 users
BeastMode

BeastMode

Wet weather footy suits the big boopers while the backs stand in the cold

Haven’t the broncs stacked their bench with boopers? smart move - must have got the inside word from Jonno in the weather today

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users

morkel

Broncos Bench Player
I’m surprisingly calm. We’re not expected to win. We could lose by 40 and it’ll be “yep, saw that coming. Oh wells”.

Pressure is on you guys. I mean, even if you lose it’ll still be a great start to the season and will bring you back to earth leading in to next week. But you’re expected to destroy us.

Reactions: 5 users
Tony Martin

Tony Martin

I miss the good old days of being able to watch the juniors, cup and then first grade team on game day.

Warriors by 12

Snoopy

Pfffttt!!! ... talk it up why don't ya chief ... one poor start to a season doesn't even come close to 6 LONG YEARS of gut wrenching misery, pain & suffering

Shit ... just typing that bummed me out hard :(:depressed:

I need my happy place ... Is it too early to start drinking ??? :hungover::p

Mate - you know the answer to that.

When the Warriors start a season 5-0 it is never too early to start drinking. If we go 6-0 today it is recommended to start drinking as early as possible..,,

Go Warriors!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Hardyman's Yugo

Hardyman's Yugo

If it’s wet the kicking game might be more important than usual as defences will be on top. I wouldn’t be averse to kicking deep early in the tackle count to get Broncos turning and chasing back to their own line.

My weekly Best of luck message

Reactions: 6 users
jonno

jonno

Wet weather footy suits the big boopers while the backs stand in the cold

Haven’t the broncs stacked their bench with boopers? smart move - must have got the inside word from Jonno in the weather today
It's gonna be moist out there for sure.

But I still think our 88kg utility/midget forward will be the difference.

Go Jazz!!!

• Haha
Off The Bench

Off The Bench

I’m surprisingly calm. We’re not expected to win. We could lose by 40 and it’ll be “yep, saw that coming. Oh wells”.

Pressure is on you guys. I mean, even if you lose it’ll still be a great start to the season and will bring you back to earth leading in to next week. But you’re expected to destroy us.

Yeah we are pretty happy with our defense
But our biggest things this year is we won games
Without Simon Mannering an Shawn Johnson
our pack was unknown .An Bunty ,Lisone ,Pulu have
Been giving us good aggression..
We are looking pretty good all-round TBH

Reactions: 2 users
shuffle

shuffle

High completion rate today. Kick to the corners make Boyd run it back. Bomb to Isaako. What I get annoyed at is that the warriors get possession after getting a scrum or 40/20 and not capitalising on it. Hopefully that changes today. I just want the warriors to win today because next week will be the biggest game for them in the last 6 years BUT Broncos first. Good Luck Broncos.

ToiletDuck

ToiletDuck

Administrator

I think the weather may have the last say. If Bennett lets you guys chuck it round a bit and not play as structured as the Cowboys did last week then could see points from both sides. If it’s a grind we should win...but haven’t seen this Warriors side play in the wet yet.

Danpatmac

I think the weather may have the last say. If Bennett lets you guys chuck it round a bit and not play as structured as the Cowboys did last week then could see points from both sides. If it’s a grind we should win...but haven’t seen this Warriors side play in the wet yet.

and looking outside right now... it is pretty bloody wet.

Reactions: 2 users
Run_it_str8

Run_it_str8

Agreed. Expectations to destroy can turn into banana skin games if the win is assumed and not earned.

So far our players have appeared to still have their feet on the ground.

Fuck. I'm not excited like I was when we achieved our win streak of one in a row.

Or when order in the universe was rocked out of balance and we got two.

Or before round 3 when we were in uncharted territory for our team.

Or when the title favourite Roosters assumed victory but never earned it.

Or when JT and co couldn't keep up.

There appears to be a disturbance in the force this week. I think it might be expectation to win which I'm not a fan of.

Earn it.

AusWarriorsFan

Ive gone warriors -12 for second week in a row.

In some ways I think this is going to be a harder game than the Dragons. Broncos are DESPERATE. Desperate teams can be very dangerous, they need to get some wins on board before SoO.

Also the conditions are conducive for high scoring. I just hope Kearney pounds into them the basics, ie passing, catching and how to hold the ball so it doesnt get shouldered out. We need high completions like last year in this game. That will win it. If we can control the ball and shut down any spine play from the Broncos I think we should win.

The Dragons have had a hella easy run, 1 team out of 5 expected to make the 8, souths, and they are running inconsistent. Could the Dragons copy last year 7/7 then slide out the back........

Either way, our next 4 weeks Dragons, Storm, Tigers, Roosters OUCH ! If we beat the Broncos Ill be happy if we win 2/4 of those games, stoked at 3/4, 4/4 minor premiership here we come. If we beat Broncos and get 2/4, thats 8/10 at the start of SoO, leaves in a great spot needing just 5/14 to make the 8 with Origin always causing havoc.

Im happy we have such a hard draw. We basically play every expected top 8 team twice. If we playing hard footy week in week out and we make the top 4, we will be in a better position mentally than other teams.

As for All Blake Green making SoO, all the power too him I say hehe, it will be the first time the Warriors have PRODUCED a SoO player. And Lino and Green do the same job for Johnson anyway, so I dont think we will be missing a lot. The team this year isnt one key player its 17 key players all playing equally well.

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.