Raw Power

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 30, 2016
Brisbane
A couple of missed tackles and a few drop balls in attack for Chanel Harris-Tavita. **** with the nice cut out ball and a nice bump off. **** starts round one without a doubt.

Also, we have a very strong forward pack with good depth.

Yep **** for me is there round one... Chanel Harris-Tavita is still a bit green... Warriors were a class above this Tigers side. I liked Ayshford in the second row enjoying his new role/football!

shuffle

1st Grade Fringe
May 18, 2012
I think Chanel Harris-Tavita and **** showed glimpse of what they can do together. The thing is you take out the firsts second rowers everything goes to crap. That’s what happened with the last 15 mins. Chanel Harris-Tavita was doing really well on defence and attack with the first team. **** also was And I think he’ll get first gig due to his experience. It’ll be interesting.

Also Fusitua and Maumalo are looking very fit and very big!!

I can’t wait!!

Mr Frank White

Warriors 1st Grader
May 19, 2012
Very excited about that performance. Tigers only got a sniff at the end after we subbed out half the team, and the Tigers had to play Warriors panic ball.

Really composed footy, smashing them up the middle, then stretching them outside with our All Star wingers..

Defence mostly was aggressive, a lot of hit & stick tackles, and good scramble

All the preliminary signs are positive.

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
Auckland
A good final it out before things get serious.

The two halves look like pretty hand goal kickers which is a bonus.

We looked pretty good when it was the top side out there. Looked fit and organised. A few times things looked off as there were new combinations but it looked like everyone knew their roles.

Things continued with the early changes which was good to see. Things got a little less organised towards the end by that happens in trials being early in the season and mass changes happening at the end of the game.

Reactions: Johnnyray and Sup42

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
Auckland
Commentary as usual was something like.

Daryl the Warriors have a number of centres with Hiku, Kata and Beale so what do you make of Ayshford playing in the back row. Should help his first grade chances with more versatility?

A perfect leading question for his colour commentator.

Halligan responds: "Ayshford played over 100 games for the Tigers".:rolleyes:

The stats are usually done by the play by play guy.

FuNQie

1st Grade Fringe
Nov 30, 2018
There were a lot of positives to take away from that match. It put to bed the naysayers’ constant refrain, “Now that Shaun’s gone, where are the points gonna come from!?” Enough!

“But the Tigers weren’t too hot, see what happens when they’re up against a quality team like the Storm!” Oh, wait...

Still some questions are up in the air, tho. **** or Chanel Harris-Tavita? Most likely AK, but the decision isn’t clear.

Yes, it was disappointing that we let those tries in towards the end. But overall, we’re looking pretty damned good, impressive even, with quality strength in depth, and outside the halves, that’s all across the park.

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings