Gameday < 2021 Warriors Trial Games 2018

All games pre 2021

Tragic

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 27, 2016
Kumeu
Can't be any worse than the bulldogs at belmore
Lol yeah, I was living in Sydney early 2000s and the dogs fans were out of control, giving other fans heaps, throwing shit at them, fights was in the paper every other week. The warriors came to town and I convinced the missus to go along, every Maori boy and his dog was there, musta been nearly as many warriors fans as doggies fans. Was a good atmosphere, we pumped em and the dogs fans were very well behaved.

razzrillinger

1st Grade Fringe
Nov 8, 2016
Some pretty interesting stuff going on at Pre Season by the looks today. Looks like a fancy dress netball competition.

I've noticed they've split into 4 teams and are having competitive events throughout, is that a pretty standard thing? Seems like a good way to incorporate fun and also build competition within the team.

AlexM

1st Grade Fringe
Feb 19, 2017
Trials will be similar to 2017 I think , first trial I think was mostly a B grade affair with trial 2 is more competitive

Billyspleen75

1st Grade Fringe
May 8, 2012
Silverdale
Has the PNG game been confirmed anywhere apart from that PNG site? NRL.com has the Broncos game listed in the pre-season fixtures but not a Warriors one..

I also picked up that the Storm are playing their World Club Challenge game on the 16th -the night before their trial against us on the 17th. So looks like that will be the game we play all our ISP players and then we will play Shaun Johnson/Roger Tuivasa-Sheck etc the next week against the Titans on the 24th

Raurimu Massive

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 26, 2012
Whangarei
Old schoolmate of mine grew up in PNG. Their property had five gated, razor wire fences around it, with each gate being colour-coded to its key so that you could get through quickly without checking to see which key you needed, it did help with the home invasion thing, but rocks were frequently lobbed over at anyone going in or out, just for shits and giggles, and my mate was flattened by one, then another rock smashed his teeth out while he was on the ground. His father was there to head relief efforts and was responsible for helping thousands of the same locals that used to throw rocks at his son. It's quite a different place, by the sounds of things.

The Truth

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 17, 2013
I have been working in PNG month on month off FIFO for the last 7 years. Fly back in a few days actually.
I have been held up at gun point, watched villages burn to the ground meters away from our compound, people shot, stabbed, witches burnt, babies being eaten and many workmates killed bashed and beaten in their time off. I have also seen some of the most beautiful places no one will ever get the chance to see.

While I would not recommend that anyone go and watch our pre season games there, if you play smart and stay inside the compound, don’t go in taxis and listen to the expats there you should be right. It’s a fucked up place in the big cities. Totally different to the villages.

If anyone is thinking about going and want some advice, feel free to get hold of me.

Viking

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 12, 2012
I've never been to PNG but heard a lot about it from Aussie colleagues when I worked in construction many years ago. These Aussies were running a building site there using local labour and everything was going well until one morning none of the locals turned up for work. It turns out that their labourers were predominantly from two villages that had gone to war with each other and didn't come back to work until all their bullets had run out, minus a good percentage of the workforce because they'd been killed. The surviving men from both villages just went back to work alongside each other as if nothing had happened.

Salatape

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 19, 2016
I have been working in PNG month on month off FIFO for the last 7 years. Fly back in a few days actually.
I have been held up at gun point, watched villages burn to the ground meters away from our compound, people shot, stabbed, witches burnt, babies being eaten and many workmates killed bashed and beaten in their time off. I have also seen some of the most beautiful places no one will ever get the chance to see.

While I would not recommend that anyone go and watch our pre season games there, if you play smart and stay inside the compound, don’t go in taxis and listen to the expats there you should be right. It’s a fucked up place in the big cities. Totally different to the villages.

If anyone is thinking about going and want some advice, feel free to get hold of me.

What in the fuck

The Truth

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 17, 2013
What in the fuck

It is exactly as I put it. Send me a pm if you want the full story on that one. Far to graphic to put here.

I sometimes forget that the things I have seen going on up there have in some way become normalised for me. My mates don't ask me about my stories anymore because sometimes it's just far too graphic and hard to stomach for them.

It's a shocking place when you see and hear about the things going on there.
Actually hard to believe if I hadn't seen it myself.

Anyone going needs to be careful. Big time.

surfin

Warriors 1st Grader
May 9, 2012
Coromandel
It is exactly as I put it. Send me a pm if you want the full story on that one. Far to graphic to put here.

I sometimes forget that the things I have seen going on up there have in some way become normalised for me. My mates don't ask me about my stories anymore because sometimes it's just far too graphic and hard to stomach for them.

It's a shocking place when you see and hear about the things going on there.
Actually hard to believe if I hadn't seen it myself.

Anyone going needs to be careful. Big time.

For me the best way to describe what it does to you is that it can bring out the very worst in a person. I found it amazing how quickly you adjust to some of the most gruesome things as simply being, “No big deal, it’s Moresby. “
When a jealous husband takes his wife’s head in the supermarket car park barely involves more than a couple of comments at smoko because that type of thing becomes the norm you know your in a fucked up place.

Vancent

😷
Contributor
Sep 10, 2012
BrisVegas
I’ve only ever flown in and bussed out of Moresby on our way to Owens Corner to do Kokoda track.

The brief exposure we had through the edge of town was enough to prevent me rushing back.

90% of locals shirtless, machete in their right hand and chewing beetlenut which looks kinda like blood.

Top that with the way they look right through you with those big eyes and it’ll send a shiver down the hardest spine.

Completely alternate experience with the locals on the track though, they were the other end of the spectrum and gave us some terrific memories.

francis faafua

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 30, 2016
Brisbane
Lol yeah, I was living in Sydney early 2000s and the dogs fans were out of control, giving other fans heaps, throwing shit at them, fights was in the paper every other week. The warriors came to town and I convinced the missus to go along, every Maori boy and his dog was there, musta been nearly as many warriors fans as doggies fans. Was a good atmosphere, we pumped em and the dogs fans were very well behaved.
of course they behaved ..they dont want to fuck with the kiwis..we stick together in a scrap lol

Warrior2017

1st Grade Fringe
Jan 12, 2017

No thanks I'll stick to the Riviera where a croissant is the most dangerous thing to your health ;) ps.... why aint the Warriors playing a trial there?

• Haha
Reactions: Lord_m_80 and bruce

Blindside

1st Grade Fringe
May 24, 2012
Nothing in the list of trial games published has a game vs PNG Hunters.
We play the Storm on the 17th Feb and Titans on the 24th.
So that only leaves the weekends of 3/4 and 10/11.
Also PNG gets a lot of rain and storms in February.
So this doesn't sound like a starter to me.

Defence

Warriors 1st Grader
May 9, 2012
For me the best way to describe what it does to you is that it can bring out the very worst in a person. I found it amazing how quickly you adjust to some of the most gruesome things as simply being, “No big deal, it’s Moresby. “
When a jealous husband takes his wife’s head in the supermarket car park barely involves more than a couple of comments at smoko because that type of thing becomes the norm you know your in a fucked up place.

Sounds like westworld

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings