General warriors to make top 8?

pilky01_old

I heard pricey on the radio yesterday, and he said that in order for the warriors to make top 8 they will need to win every game from here on out? is this true? :pout:

Northern_Union

By my reckoning they can drop one match and still make it. But if Pricey says they have to win all there matches then he'd know better than me.

kingdamo_old

I heard pricey on the radio yesterday, and he said that in order for the warriors to make top 8 they will need to win every game from here on out? is this true? :pout:

I was listening to him too? I didn't hear that.

And by the way, they don't.

ONETRIBECHIEF_old

Pricey always aims high but no we dont heed to win all our games.
I think we need to win 6 out of 8 games

aussie_warrior_old

Well, we're getting down to the end of the season... if we win all our home games we will make the finals. If we lose one, then I believe (* think *) it will start relying on other team results.

Skinny_Ravs82

Well I think our run home in shouldn't be too bad, bar the Storm game, but if the theory of them wanting to rest players soon, is correct then they an be ripe fr the taking. Remember 2006? ;) Plus we are playing that one at home. It might just be possible. Winning every game from here on in will be alot of a help so we don't have to look over our shoulder or ahead of us and hope other results fall our way, because that doesn't always happen

Kid-Dynamite_old

Well I think our run home in shouldn't be too bad, bar the Storm game, but if the theory of them wanting to rest players soon, is correct then they an be ripe fr the taking. Remember 2006? ;) Plus we are playing that one at home.

Yea, remember last year though, when all there Origin players were missing, and we lost 4-2 at home! Not that I'm trying to be negative or anything! Because I think we can beat them!!

I don't think they'll be resting too many players though! They're still 2 points of the top, and I think they'll wanna put themselves in with a show of winning another Minor Premiership!
I hope they don't rest players anyway! I wanna beat them at there best!!!

Because games where teams rest players are lose lose situations. Even if you win, it's only because they rested key players!

kingdamo_old

I hope they don't rest players anyway! I wanna beat them at there best!!!

Because games where teams rest players are lose lose situations. Even if you win, it's only because they rested key players!

Haha I don't care what team they pick, 2 points is 2 points if we win. Its not our problem they chose not to pick their best team.

raypower_old

You know what they say aim for the heavens and if you fall short you come up with a handful of stars.

8th place cut off is usually 26 points. Considering our crap f/a we'll probably need to get 28 to ensure a spot so we'll need 10 points or 5 wins from 8 games. If the 3 losses are close and the 5 wins are big it puts us in a better position obviously.

The run home is difficult but not impossible.

Bulldogs (A)
Storm (H)
Rabbits (A)
Broncos (H)
Sharks (H)
Dragons (A)
Panthers (H)
Eels (A)

Games against 5 current top 8 sides and we've had the wood over the Broncos in recent seasons. I think potentially we could have 6 wins from that lot putting us on 30 points. Hope and reality are different things though as we seem to prove every season :p

Skinny_Ravs82

I know that King and KD but as longas we whip thier butts I dont' care for anything else! lmao

a.c.e_old

Heart says we'll make the 8 and beyond, head says we missed that bus before the season even started.

We'll make the 8!!!

Kid-Dynamite_old

We'll make the 8!!!

Just had a look on the TAB.

We are paying 60-1 to win the premiership and 6-1 to make the top 8!!!!

I might ask the old man if he can put $10 on us making the top 8 for me! :D
I'm confident we will do it!! And I think out charge for the finals starts this week, so 6-1 odds might be the best you'll get!!!

And we are underdogs ($2.15) to beat the Bulldogs this week! Just the way we like it! :)