General Warriors Target Parramatta Fullback

warriors4life_old

The last copy of Rugby League Week I picked up the stats sheet showed that Wade McKinnon was coming a close second to Petero Civoniceva in metres gained, he makes 167 per game. He has been one of the better players in a dismal Eels squad this season.

commonsense_old

warriors4life said:
patty said:
where has it been stated that greenshields has sign wiht goldcoast?!?! they just signed a enlgand fullback so i doubt they got greenshields. i would love to have greenshields, we would really miss webb if we could sign him

There is no official statement but they have expressed plenty of interest in him and vice versa. I expect an announcement to be made very soon on his future.

nah the titans have signed the english fullback richie mathers. saw it on foxsports a week ago.

theres another english player keen on the nrl who is worth a look at. chev walker...
big and athletic. has the size to play in the backrow and the speed to play on the wings or centres.

sebastian_old

I found big league rnd 12 here are the wade stats-

most tackle breaks-wade-75 hes leading
most line breaks-13- hes 2nd
top running metres-1621-hes leading
top return metres on kicks-701-hes leading- webbs 2nd-574
most hit up runs-wade-161-4th

hes also been injured for a weeks.

Tajhay_old

greenshields has not signed for the titans as said previously. i dont know why posters post things as fact....

STRIDER_old

I would be suprised if we managed to sign Wade. He would be hot open market property

sebastian_old

He is good but i don't think hes ever represented state or country, which is what the english pay big for, luke burt was originaly parra's 1st choice fullback this year, & wade is 25. Also fullbacks are less demanding than halves, most aussie teams already have good fullbacks. If we can't sign webb, which is likely, i reckon we can get wade see what i was tryin to say before was hes known to not make the most of his line breaks. Webb tends to be a little bit smarter eg. pass to the right person, run the right way so wade is not up there with the best , yet. Webbs best asset is NZ he is the NZ fullback. See by winning the Tri nations webb has become a star, which unfortunalty for us may be something we can't afford. So i guess unwillingly the warriors have an asset which can make players come & make them go, the national team.

dazzler13_old

Mail in Sydney has it that the McKinnon to Warriors thing is a done deal. He wants to come and the Warriors want him but Parramatta won't let him negotiate until after June 30.
I think Webb and manager Jim Banigan may be starting to worry. They have talked up five UK SL teams, two S14 sides and a host of other NRL clubs interested in him, yet there is no club admitting they are evebn remotely keen!
The Super 14 thing is a load of bollocks in my opinion - the guy has never played rugby and wouldn't be any good at it anyway. UK Super League clubs would have to use an overseas quota spot to sign him meaning only the exempt Les Catalans could be overly keen.
Other NRL clubs won't pay what the Warriors currently pay him to join their clubs - he wouldn't be in the top 10 fullbacks in the game let alone top 10 in terms of value for money.
Minichiello, Wesser, Bowen, Hunt, Hodgson, Inglis, Slater, Patten, Schifcofske, Hornby would all rate ahead of him and then players like Brent Stewart and McKinnon would go close in terms of value for money. Most other clubs already have a fullback on their rosters for next year as well, so picking up Webb would only be in a case where they got him at a good price.
Warriors management has done this the perfect way - don't bite at his demands, leave him waiting till after June 30 when they could get McKinnon and then see if Webb might find out he aint worth what he's asking and consider a more realistic figure to stay at Ericsson.
Only trouble for the Warriors would be if that idiot Banigan messes them around with Evarn Tuimavave's negotiations to spite them.
Well done Scurrah, Hart and co!!!!

warriors4life_old

If Wade McKinnon wants to come and the Warriors want him then Brent Webb doesn't really have a look in. I predicted at the start of the season that with both Clinton Toopi and Brent Webb coming off contract that we would at least keep one of them. Looks like I was wrong...

corey_old

i heard someone say that broncos could be interested, and they would move hunt to halfback and webb to fullback...just a rumour i think.

warriors4life_old

corey said:
i heard someone say that broncos could be interested, and they would move hunt to halfback and webb to fullback...just a rumour i think.

Yeah the Broncos need a halfback, but I don't think Hunt would be good long-term in that position.