General Warriors Target Parramatta Fullback

ieLzee_old

Parramatta fullback Wade McKinnon is unofficially in the sights of the Warriors.

The club has confirmed if Brent Webb does not re-sign or is not offered a new deal, then they will try to sign McKinnon.

The anti-tampering ban is not lifted on players off-contract until the end of June, so the Warriors can not officially start negotiating with the Eels fullback until then.

It is understood Brent Webb has up to five UK Super League clubs interested in him, as well as a couple of Super 14 franchises and teams in the NRL.

warriorfaithful*_old

Yea mate webb staying is starting to look more unlikley day by day. REALLY WANT HIM TO STAY!!!!!!!!!!! But if he goes i hope we sign Clint Greenshields and not Wade Mckinnon!

commonsense_old

do we really have to sign someone to fill webbs shoes???

cant we just promote one of our "promising talents"??
eg Vuna, AnVan, Misi

warriorfaithful*_old

commonsense said:
do we really have to sign someone to fill webbs shoes???

cant we just promote one of our "promising talents"??
eg Vuna, AnVan, Misi

Yea thats a good point. Maybe have Ah Van at fullback. I thought he played quite well at fullback for auckland in last nights bartercard game. Im just sayin that if we are gona sign someone i hope its greenshields lol. but im all for developing someone like Patrick Ah Van as well.

STRIDER_old

Wade Mckinnon is a very good fullback. He would be a very good signing for the Warriors !!

warriors4life_old

warriorfaithful* said:
Yea mate webb staying is starting to look more unlikley day by day. REALLY WANT HIM TO STAY!!!!!!!!!!! But if he goes i hope we sign Clint Greenshields and not Wade Mckinnon!

Greenshields has signed with the Gold Coast, I think that IF we don't re-sign Brent Webb then Wade McKinnon is the next best option. But I would be very disappointed in the Warriors management if they can't put a fair offer on the table for Webb.

patty_old

where has it been stated that greenshields has sign wiht goldcoast?!?! they just signed a enlgand fullback so i doubt they got greenshields. i would love to have greenshields, we would really miss webb if we could sign him

Northern_Union

I seem to remember Jerome Ropati played fullback in a test against Australia a few years back (05 ANZAC i think) and played bloody well...might even have been the NZ MoM.
If he was switched to fullback that would leave him to do what he does best and that is run the ball, and in my opinion he runs the ball very well.This would take the burdon from him of trying to create and organise, which lets face it, he isn't doing to well with at present.
In addition it would also remove him from the constant front line defending he does.

He proved in that test match he's good under the high ball, his positional play was up to scratch, and the two trys he score proved he had the pace to finish what he or others started.

sebastian_old

trust me were gonna need wades experience if we lose our best player. this is a f**ked up year for the warriors man.

Northern_Union

All due respect but Wade is hardly a world beater. He may have a heap of experience but nothing makes up for raw talent which WM doesn't have a huge amount of.

sebastian_old

we cant afford to replace webb with a rookie its too much of a detabilising loss too quick. greenshields wiil be going to the goldcoast, the've given him a notice. Wades leading metres return, and is right up there in line breaks, i actually think he'll suit our team.

sebastian_old

Depends what you mean by oppurtunities, parra have won less than us, there forwards have gained less metres, they've scored less & conceded more, there original halfback has been dumped he was playing so bad.
And mcinnin is beating webb in nearly every stat. If you mean webb is smarter with his options i agree 100% but i'd have to say there oppurtunites are pretty simalar, if not webb has had more.

sebastian_old

I don't have a scanner but every big league(comes out every thursday) has them in the team listing part. There down at the bottom of the page.

sebastian_old

yeah, although if you were gonna buy it this week it may not be relevant as mcinion is injured. So round 11 & under is relevant.

warriors4life_old

patty said:
where has it been stated that greenshields has sign wiht goldcoast?!?! they just signed a enlgand fullback so i doubt they got greenshields. i would love to have greenshields, we would really miss webb if we could sign him

There is no official statement but they have expressed plenty of interest in him and vice versa. I expect an announcement to be made very soon on his future.