Sports UFC / MMA

When you really look at it it's pretty weird that he's any kind of hero for being the best at beating the shit out of people in a "sport".
If he'd gone to med school instead and learned to be a Dr or nurse and save lives he'd be anonymous, but that's kind of fucked up world we're in.
Having said that I still watched some of his fights, but I'm one of the biggest hypocrites I've ever met.
He was bred to fight, that’s the path he chose and he’s good at it but he’s an egg.

The fight game is a natural sport under supervised conditions.

I’ve had one to many of my own personal experiences scrapping and I know exactly what the mindset is behind it and it’s quite ugly.

It has its down sides, it actually makes my stomach churn these days but it’s like a Roman Circus to keep us entertained and we make hero’s out of grown men that are often more flawed than the rest of us, defend them at all costs and ignore their stupidity, yet we ignore the real hero’s like paramedics etc.

I love sport but I’m well aware of why it exists, I’m a hypocrite too…..it’s part of the human condition but some of us are aware of it and some of us aren’t.

Last edited:
Nah, I stand alone on my opinion of him and I stick to it……typo, I predicted his demise before his fight with Pereira. Capiche?

Who mentioned RTS, he plays league…..he doesn’t fight in the cage and has far more humility than your beloved Izzy.

Everyone should be convicted of DUi even if it’s your first offence.

No interest in his doco, I’ve been around for a while and know enough of him.

You can keep him. He’s an egg.
You predicted his demise before his fight with Pereira... and yet he beat Pereira in the rematch. Make it makes sense.

You predicted his demise before his fight with Pereira... and yet he beat Pereira in the rematch. Make it makes sense.
I did, then he got beaten again by Sean who holds the belt…...both by fighters above him PFP.

Beaten 3/4 all up by Pereira,

Still a great fighter but I just don’t like him, hope that’s ok with you.

His days are over, makes sense now?

Don’t get your yellow singlet in a twist.

IMG_7998.jpeg

Jokes bro, nothing personal…..all in jest.

I did, then he got beaten again by Sean who holds the belt…...both by fighters above him PFP.

Beaten 3/4 all up by Pereira,

Still a great fighter but I just don’t like him, hope that’s ok with you.

His days are over, makes sense now?

Don’t get your yellow singlet in a twist.

View attachment 4871

Jokes bro, nothing personal…..all in jest.
I don't think his days are over... the division is wide open. Totally aware of who the contenders are.
I do know the stats around fighters ages and the trajectory after fighters reach a certain age. Seems like it's more personal for you, because of your dislike of him.

Conor McGregor on the other hand, it's over for him.

I don't think his days are over... the division is wide open. Totally aware of who the contenders are.
I do know the stats around fighters ages and the trajectory after fighters reach a certain age. Seems like it's more personal for you, because of your dislike of him.

Conor McGregor on the other hand, it's over for him.

Yeah I think it's madness to say his days are over, while he had the worst fight of his career against Strickland (who also fought a really great fight), Izzy was winning the fight against Pereira and was caught late, and then finished. No excuses, this is the fight game and sometimes that happens.
But essentially saying Izzy is done after one lack luster performance is a bit premature imo

Although the old saying 'its hard to get up at 5am when you're sleeping on silk pyjamas' might ring true here - he's one of the greatest in his division of all time, if he stops now he'd still have an amazing legacy.

For what it's worth, I think Izzy's the fucking man lol.

Yeah I think it's madness to say his days are over, while he had the worst fight of his career against Strickland (who also fought a really great fight), Izzy was winning the fight against Pereira and was caught late, and then finished. No excuses, this is the fight game and sometimes that happens.
But essentially saying Izzy is done after one lack luster performance is a bit premature imo

Although the old saying 'its hard to get up at 5am when you're sleeping on silk pyjamas' might ring true here - he's one of the greatest in his division of all time, if he stops now he'd still have an amazing legacy.

For what it's worth, I think Izzy's the fucking man lol.
... the 4 Alex fights.
1st Kick Boxing fight was a contentious judges decision many thought Israel won.
2nd Kick Boxing fight Isare was comfortably winning, on the verge of stopping him, got reckless and KOd
3rd fight UFC, nearly stopped Alex, up on the cards 4 - 0 got stopped
4th high UFC was getting beat and then that KO was just voted KO of the year.

Alex is now a double champ and combat sport legend, rivalries create greatness in sport.

The silk pyjamas quote is so apt...
and he definitely took Strickland way too lightly after being so worked up about Du Plessis.
As you say Strickland fought great with a great game plan.

Thats the fight business.

... the 4 Alex fights.
1st Kick Boxing fight was a contentious judges decision many thought Israel won.
2nd Kick Boxing fight Isare was comfortably winning, on the verge of stopping him, got reckless and KOd
3rd fight UFC, nearly stopped Alex, up on the cards 4 - 0 got stopped
4th high UFC was getting beat and then that KO was just voted KO of the year.

Alex is now a double champ and combat sport legend, rivalries create greatness in sport.

The silk pyjamas quote is so apt...
and he definitely took Strickland way too lightly after being so worked up about Du Plessis.
As you say Strickland fought great with a great game plan.

Thats the fight business.

Haha totes forgot to mention how much of a fucking bad arse Pereira is too, great fighter and has put many to sleep across MMA and kickboxing. So yeah, deffo no shame in any of those losses.

I personally think he'll make one more fist of being a champion and then after that will either retire or go for the big money fights. Not sure he has the desire to go up a weight class and compete to become a double champ

Haha totes forgot to mention how much of a fucking bad arse Pereira is too, great fighter and has put many to sleep across MMA and kickboxing. So yeah, deffo no shame in any of those losses.

I personally think he'll make one more fist of being a champion and then after that will either retire or go for the big money fights. Not sure he has the desire to go up a weight class and compete to become a double champ
I reckon Du Plessis is a good fight for Adesanya because Adesanya can zone in some racism that he’s been critical of and make it personal like he did with Pereira. Don’t think he can go up a weight class, the bigger guys have too much weight to keep him on the ground I reckon. He and Jon Jones started off with dislike for each other and was deemed a super fight at one point but there seems to be a respect between the two now. Think Adesanya and everyone was shocked at how Jones dismantled Gane, Jon Jones could well be unbeatable.

I reckon Du Plessis is a good fight for Adesanya because Adesanya can zone in some racism that he’s been critical of and make it personal like he did with Pereira. Don’t think he can go up a weight class, the bigger guys have too much weight to keep him on the ground I reckon. He and Jon Jones started off with dislike for each other and was deemed a super fight at one point but there seems to be a respect between the two now. Think Adesanya and everyone was shocked at how Jones dismantled Gane, Jon Jones could well be unbeatable.

Bones as a heavyweight is a scary prospect. Was extremely shocked when he tapped Gane out. Looks like Jones did it the right way too, like 2 years getting ready to move up a weight class.
Izzy decided to stay the same weight and fight in a higher weigh class, which is a pretty unbelievable thing to do. Clearly didn't work tho as old mate Jan just lay on him for 5 rounds lol

Bones as a heavyweight is a scary prospect. Was extremely shocked when he tapped Gane out. Looks like Jones did it the right way too, like 2 years getting ready to move up a weight class.
Izzy decided to stay the same weight and fight in a higher weigh class, which is a pretty unbelievable thing to do. Clearly didn't work tho as old mate Jan just lay on him for 5 rounds lol
Jones at heavyweight is still a mystery for his potential opponents. Everyone waited a few years for him to bulk up for heavyweight and see how he carries the weight in the octagon.

The fight lasted a few minutes.

His potential opponents still don't know how well he carries the weight over a few rounds. Or if he has slowed down at all.

See some reports he will retire after the Stipe fight. Who knows with him it could just be to hype the fight. But he has been talking about it for a while. It will be cool seeing him go fight a few more times at heavyweight.

It's really sad tbh, as he's probably needing the money & that's his motivation.

He lost a lawsuit with the UFC and his due to pay their legal bill because of that.
UFC really did a number on him. Will never forget him and Ray Sefo standing in the middle of the ring trading blows without even trying to block them. They say Sefo was never the same after that in his fighting career.

Sean Strickland's been filmed running around having a fireworks fight with his mates, shooting them at each other lol.

2 weeks out from his title defence!
Guys an absolute mad man
He's going to lose isn't he?

I wasn't ever impressed with Du Plessis, except when he overwhelmed Whittiker - but I could see the same happening to Strickland (or even Israel)

UFC really did a number on him. Will never forget him and Ray Sefo standing in the middle of the ring trading blows without even trying to block them. They say Sefo was never the same after that in his fighting career.
Nah, Ray was fine after that fight. What led to that fight going that way though was that Ray had been knocked out cold in a pro boxing bout in the states the previous month. This was in the days before standdowns. He was naturally a light heavy \ cruiserweight and fought at those weights all the way up to his K1 debut. He was only 95kgs when he knocked out Le Banner with a superman punch (sort of), Le Banner was 120kgs. For all his success, his body wasn't made to take heavyweight leg kicks and the other fighters knew it. So he'd been stopped before that boxing fight but never actually been knocked out cold. It happens, if you haven't been knocked down or out at some stage, you haven't fought enough. The danger is what makes fighting so exciting. He had to find out for himself if he could still take a punch and Hunt obliged. Ray won the fight but his eye blew up after so Hunt went through to the final, on to the K1 grand prix and the rest is history,

Last edited:
Joshua vs Wilder would end the career of the loser.

It makes no sense fighting Zhang who has nothing to offer, unless there was a ton of money in it. And it would be a terrible matchup for Parker if he hasn't fixed the issues he had Joyce.

Fury vs Usyk is a two fight deal. I hate rematch clauses, the champions have them for every competitive fight and it holds the divisions up for years. If you're a true champion, you get the job done in one fight.

I'm wrong about Joshua but right about Zhang ;)

I'm wrong about Joshua but right about Zhang ;)
If there's one thing old heavyweights hate, it's having to move around the ring to find their target. Aerobically, it's very tough for a 40 year old to recover from anything high tempo. But the last thing to leave you is your power. I really don't like this matchup for Parker but here's hoping he can stay on his bike for 12 rounds.

Thought Strickland pulled off a narrow win, first few rounds ok pace and strong jab game, Du Plessis face showed a few clean shots.

Du Plessis awesome engine but didn’t do enough to be champ for me.

Should be rematch, but feel it’s Izzy Return

Back