General Realistic prediction for 2023 Week 3 Finals - Broncos v Warriors

Who will win

• Total voters
It is set up for SJ to have a great game. Grand finals tend to be boring.

Broncos are definitely favourites for a reason. They have massive strike power and a good forward pack, so I have picked them.

I do think a Warriors win is a realistic possibility if we play our gameplan well, because it would counter theirs quite effectively, and we could feed off their errors and inexperience.

I wouldn't give us any chop in a final against the Panthers. They would have to have a really off day.

I know you can’t take much out of our last encounter with them, especially since both teams were missing players but our inclusion of TMM and Egan this time when we had Metcalf and Lussick last time makes me feel optimistic. The left was a concern at that stage and Marriner scored twice down there. Since TMM has returned I think the left looks much more stable, especially Montoya containing Young last week comfortably.
Sailor also saved a few tries with miracle finger tips. Walsh not as good on that side of the ball

Broncos have been great all year, but they are largely inexperienced and I would love to see how they go, 20 or 30 minutes in and they haven't dominated and it's close, or even 6 points in our favour....

It's all about pressure and how they respond. Aside from Reynolds I think that they might struggle to handle it, and make some poor decisions.

If the game is in the balance with 20 minutes to go, I think we come home with a wet sail. If they're chasing at that point, even better.

My tip - 67th minute something big happens that blows the game open (or a minute either side).

Year of the ambush baby

I have been circumspect all week at us beating the Broncs here tomorrow in Brisbane, as everything should point to the # 2 team in front of a home crowd on a Saturday night @ Suncorp after the Lions play at the Gabba winning! But, but, but, my head now aligns with my heart that we can, and will beat the Broncos!
The belief in the home side here is too strong, you know that lovely feeling when the opposition is already more excited by tonights game in confirming their opponent in the final, all the talk is about breaking the championship drought, how Reynolds is the new Lockyer, how Brisbanes youth policy will be talked about for years......MUSIC to my fucking ears!!!!
I feel a big ambush coming and how sweet it will be!!

Last edited:
We are ready. They are ready. They have home ground advantage. We have experience, they have young legs. We have an opportunity to achieve our first premiership, they have plenty.

They have advantages. We do too.

Start the game in kill mode and mince them up. While they are scrambling to fire their shots, score, repeat and build insurmountable pressure. When they do fire their shots, fire again and again and again. Destroy them tactically. Possession. Territory. Completions. Set the pace, change the pace. Soak up the atmosphere and enjoy the moment. Then own the moment.

Is anyone else absolutely baffled at the references to how good Brisbane were week 1? I can't recall seeing the Storm play that bad, Munster said himself it was the worse game of his career. But everyone gives the Broncs credit. The Tigers could have defended the Storms attack that night

We are ready. They are ready. They have home ground advantage. We have experience, they have young legs. We have an opportunity to achieve our first premiership, they have plenty.

They have advantages. We do too.

Start the game in kill mode and mince them up. While they are scrambling to fire their shots, score, repeat and build insurmountable pressure. When they do fire their shots, fire again and again and again. Destroy them tactically. Possession. Territory. Completions. Set the pace, change the pace. Soak up the atmosphere and enjoy the moment. Then own the moment.
All starts up front

If Johnson can control enough of the game they can win this.
SJ is a different player to Reynolds, but who is in the running for DallyM? Just asking like?
I agree that Metcalf was an inexperienced weak link in Napier.
For the life of me I just cannot understand this love fest for Reece Walsh. The kid is fast, but as thick as pigshite, and as flakey.
I wouldn't swap CNK for him ever, especially under the high ball.
Speed is nothing without a lot of other things going for you, like a pretty good team.

SJ is a different player to Reynolds, but who is in the running for DallyM? Just asking like?
I agree that Metcalf was an inexperienced weak link in Napier.
For the life of me I just cannot understand this love fest for Reece Walsh. The kid is fast, but as thick as pigshite, and as flakey.
I wouldn't swap CNK for him ever, especially under the high ball.
Speed is nothing without a lot of other things going for you, like a pretty good team.
I think SJ can exploit Walsh a bit, he would know his weaknesses. Kick to the corners make him run defensively. Tire him out and have our forwards run at him. He’ll be in the line a bit.

Big game experience from Walker, Harris, TMM, SJ, Niukore and CNK These guys have played Prelims and GFs this is what gets the Warriors to next week!

Back