General Warriors Sponsorship Thread

Reaction score
mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Reaction score
That's about saving money...
Problem is its the customers that end up saving their money by not spending at the establishment.

Truly shocking how bad Wendys standards have slipped. Use to be so great...

Reaction score
Blain

Blain

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
My mate once got a double whopper, with no patties in the thing. Had to drive across town to get another one, thought it was a crack up.

But a chicken fillet and a bit of lettuce for a bacon burger, that's the winner right there

Reaction score

diehard

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Fast food is shit food, and none of you should be supporting it by going there. Bad taste, bad service, bad for your diet, loaded with sugar and fat. And you're starting a generation on fast food. Heart problems, diabetes. Please, cook your own food at home, or go to a restaurant that serves good food where you actually have to wait fifteen minutes. Wendy's, McDonald's, Burger King. Shit food.

Reaction score
Akkerz

Akkerz

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Dude I totally feel you with what you're saying and you have my full sympathy as the extact sort of thing happened to me last time I went Wendy's (The one out in Onehunga/Royal Oak). So I don't have to explain it to you just how much I hate Wendy's now and not only Wendy's but almost all fast food outlets that exist in Auckland. Again I don't know how things are in rest of country but in low wage, high cost city like Auckland is to live the problem you have now is the only people who can afford to work there are those desperate enough for job and that's mostly new immigrants, Indian/Asain student etc. Meaning what you've got now in most places are people who don't even eat food making it, that's why it all shit now (including service). McDonalds, Wendy's, even Carl's Jr to certain extant, look at how all burgers are now overcooked and over salted with either too much sauce or too little. Look at how these places are even starting to put shit ends of lettuce and last end of tomatoes in the burgers now. You would only get that from someone who hasn't had burger in his life and when you're hiring immigrants, Asain/Indian students what else do you expect ? That's why I avoid these places now (as much as I still love burger and milkshake combo at Carl's Jr). And that's not racist thing no matter how much it might sound. This is just reality now. And until one of them starts doing something about it like fucking finally paying people a decent living wage to attract more people that want to work there to provide better customer service I'm not going to change my stance about not going into these places anymore and if you're anything like me I would stop going too. These places completely suck now ... :(
Great post : Used to get Wendy's at Mt Wellington (op the Duke) every time we travelled up for a home game - which for 7 years was damn near every home game. It was our travel treat & a thoroughly enjoyable feed it was too and we'd be guaranteed to find several under 20's filling up before their game. My Ma would always give them a lecture and they always treated her with respect - even if they didn't take a shit load of notice.
The food was so good we requested that Wendy's put a branch into Rotorua as the fast food options down here were shit.
Wendy's kindly answered our pleas and 'all went well for about a week' before it joined the rest in crapability. So no more Wendy's , Maccas or Burger King for this family for every reason mentioned above.
It's not all bad news though. Our Carls Jnr is still pretty good and probably the next best option for any fast food freaks travelling through - Oppies Fish Shop gets first place though.

Reaction score

diehard

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Great post : Used to get Wendy's at Mt Wellington (op the Duke) every time we travelled up for a home game - which for 7 years was damn near every home game. It was our travel treat & a thoroughly enjoyable feed it was too and we'd be guaranteed to find several under 20's filling up before their game. My Ma would always give them a lecture and they always treated her with respect - even if they didn't take a shit load of notice.
The food was so good we requested that Wendy's put a branch into Rotorua as the fast food options down here were shit.
Wendy's kindly answered our pleas and 'all went well for about a week' before it joined the rest in crapability. So no more Wendy's , Maccas or Burger King for this family for every reason mentioned above.
It's not all bad news though. Our Carls Jnr is still pretty good and probably the next best option for any fast food freaks travelling through - Oppies Fish Shop gets first place though.
Please. NO FAST FOOD!!! Domino's is OK though.

Reaction score
eudebrito

eudebrito

|-|
Contributor
Reaction score
Years ago had my first ever wendys on dominion road, was so good, went back the next day.

Fast forward to recently, the downtown Auckland one was average, the paraparam one is shocking. Learnt lesson not to go back.

And Vodafone keeps adding rialto channel to my sky bill for no particular reason, have to ring them once a month to get it taken off and refunded.

And Woodstock is a product from the devil.

Who else the warriors got… the herald is a rag, I don’t drive a Suzuki swift.

Come back Lion Red.

Reaction score
Jay M

Jay M

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
All this talk about Wendys made me go and get it for lunch... Luckily, the Wendys down here (Papakura) is actually ok, not as good as the first Wendys I ever had on Queen St in the 90s, but better than a lot of the franchises these days!

eudebrito eudebrito - Vodafone's sky bills are ridiculous. I have 3 additional charges, 2 discounts and 3 credits on mine every month. Honestly, if Sky didn't have the NRL - I'd get rid of it. The movie channels are garbage too. But yes, bring back Lion Rouge!

Reaction score
Trugoy

Trugoy

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
One word...OPORTOS!

Reaction score

Old Sid

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Been a while since I frequented Wendy's so took the boys to the one on Constellation on the Shore to try out the Pulled Beef special, which is on at present.What a joke, it was the size of a Makkaz Cheesburger at best, all for $10:90. Not one little bit like the adds on telly or the photos in the store. Total ripoff.

Will be a long time before I go back again.

Reaction score
matiunz

matiunz

Piss it off!!!
Contributor
Reaction score
Reaction score
matiunz

matiunz

Piss it off!!!
Contributor
Reaction score
Definitely noticed the drop in quality in Wendy's, had it for the first time in a couple of years after visiting from Oz and was bitterly disappointed after having fond memories of it.

Reaction score
Miket12

Miket12

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
Gotta love this - just logged on to this site and there's a link in the ads to Burger Fuel ;)

Reaction score
Johnnyray

Johnnyray

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Gotta love this - just logged on to this site and there's a link in the ads to Burger Fuel ;)
Peaches And Cream for me.

They're that frozen yoghurt place out in Sylvia Park that looks like inside of Japanese girl school bag right ?

*Clicks on site* Oh ... :wideyed:

Reaction score
bruce

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Reaction score
It is kind of shocking that we never appointed somebody of Smiths experience to oversee our operations sooner. I think he would have saved Cappy some embarrassment. I wonder what happened with the Super Friends Advisory Board? Did they ever assemble and did they save us from a wooden spoon?
Just another thought about your post.
I wonder if the sponsors have put the blowtorch on those who matter to pull their finger out or else. If I was paying the sort of money our sponsors are I would want it back, honest. If I recall DB Bitter, which had been a well known brand for decades suffered in sales because of its relationship with the Warriors. I remember hearing that from a marketing analyst.

For the same reason I bet SJ and Blair have been told where their pay comes from as well.

Reaction score
mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Reaction score
Just another thought about your post.
I wonder if the sponsors have put the blowtorch on those who matter to pull their finger out or else. If I was paying the sort of money our sponsors are I would want it back, honest. If I recall DB Bitter, which had been a well known brand for decades suffered in sales because of its relationship with the Warriors. I remember hearing that from a marketing analyst.

For the same reason I bet SJ and Blair have been told where their pay comes from as well.
DB Bitter failed because the beer was utter shite. Truly terrible. Still is and you'll be lucky to see a couple slabs of the horse piss at any liquor shop these days. Theres also the fact that DB completely overpaid just to get ahead of Lion Nathan.

Not sure whether I read it here or was told at a game but Vodafone are meant to be getting cold feet. Coincidence or not but their agreement runs out at the end of next season...

Reaction score
bruce

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Reaction score
DB Bitter failed because the beer was utter shite. Truly terrible. Still is and you'll be lucky to see a couple slabs of the horse piss at any liquor shop these days. Theres also the fact that DB completely overpaid just to get ahead of Lion Nathan.

Not sure whether I read it here or was told at a game but Vodafone are meant to be getting cold feet. Coincidence or not but their agreement runs out at the end of next season...
I have to pull rank on you Welly, in age and experience.

DB Bitter was one of the biggest selling brands in NZ. It was so popular that Lion Breweries spent up large sponsoring sporting organisations and then getting them to lean on sports clubs to promote Lion Red.

I agree that DB is not a quality beer, but neither is Lion Red and the growth of boutique breweries has proven that, but back then they were the heavyweights in the market place so the money spent by DB to get the Warriors isn't as stupid as it might sound nowadays.

Reaction score

Kfisher6

Warriors Bench Player
Reaction score

DB Bitter was one of the biggest selling brands in NZ. It was so popular that Lion Breweries spent up large sponsoring sporting organisations and then getting them to lean on sports clubs to promote Lion Red.
DB Bitter was never one of the biggest selling brands in NZ, at it's best it was number three selling brand in Auckland (behind LR and XG), and probably 6/7th in NZ. The point of the sponsorship was to give the brand visibility outside of Auckland - where it generally sold less than Double Brown (now there's a brew lol), and combat Lion Red's huge market share.

The Warriors provided an opportunity that DB couldn't afford not to take; as there were no realistic alternatives - hence they paid overs.

So in essence, you could say DB Bitter was the Blake Green of NZ beers; though probably less successful :p

Reaction score
Raw Power

Raw Power

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score

I agree that DB is not a quality beer, but neither is Lion Red and the growth of boutique breweries has proven that, but back then they were the heavyweights in the market place so the money spent by DB to get the Warriors isn't as stupid as it might sound nowadays.
Have to disagree with the Lion Red quote Bruce! Yes DB was always rubbish, but whenever I get back to Auckland that Lion Red ON TAP (draught) still tops/ or is as good as any beer I have had in Aussie or around the world... Mothers Milk my friend!

Top Bottom