Rumour Warriors Sex Rumours,lies And Conspiracy Action Plan.

I remember listening to a Triple M Monday night footy call earlier in the year and Bill Harrigan is someone they use as an "expert" on the sideline. After the game Sterlo, Joey and Bill were talking about the high penalty count in this particular game (Forget which one) and Harrigan had said back when he reffed the game that he did his homework and went into games with preconceived notions about players and teams.

He used an example of a player losing a ball in a tackle and every time he reffed a game with that particular player and the ball came out of the tackle he would rule a loose carry/dropped. He used another example and mentioned Watmough and said whenever he reffed him and also instructed other refs when he was their boss that if Watmough was in a tackle and the ball came out to penalise him and rule a stripped ball.

Refs are scum, Harrigan was a blight on the game as a ref and a ref boss. Daniel Anderson hasn't improved much either.

I can't believe he went on radio and admitted to that how stupid is that arguably the games best ever ref was biased against specific teams and players because of previous perceptions. Now for the players point of view it would be impossible to change those no matter how hard you worked.

He was also a police man so some of the earlier posters and the ones in the police thread were right.;)

Reactions: Est95
R
How does one explain the dominance of the broncos in the 90s if you believe that the referees are intimidated by the media and by the rugby league administration. When the broncos won their first title the Winfield cup was run by the NSWRL. I am sure a lot of people didn't want the title going to queensland, in fact in my opinion their was way more hate for the broncos in the 90s then their has ever been for the Warriors, but they became the most successful club of the 90s.

Also do you really believe that his year the Warriors are a lot better then the Storm, Manly and the Roosters? We would have to be in a different class to beat these clubs when the referees were helping them.
Brisbane dominance in the 90's due to one thing-Money.Insofar as no salary cap,and a very rich one state club with great attendance figures and generous corporate support resulting in absolutely no budget limits to constrain retention,development or recruitment.My memories of the time were that very rarely did Brisbane ever lose any player they wanted to keep.NSWRL also more than happy to tolerate Broncos success due to the income they created.Even mentioned on NRL360 tonight when Ikin asked Kent and Tallis "was it good for the the NRL to have a Queensland team in the playoffs?" Unanimous answer "good for ratings" followed by a round of laughter!!! Says it all.

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
I just watched tooveys reaction to the penalty count last night. That is the exact reaction we should give on a weekly basis!! he thinks theres a conspiracy against his team, maybe he could help solve our conspiracy too.
Saw that this morning. Looked like he was going to blow a fuse. Funny how we complain about Manly last week getting favourable calls then Toovey comes out and spits the dummy this week...

Reactions: Brother Faisal

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
1098149_709083115784152_2104468660_n.jpg

Until the coach of the winning team comes out and slams the refs for bullshit calls against the opposition, it will be looked at as sore-looser syndrome!

Watched the All-Blacks vs Wallabies game last night and couldn't help but notice how completely in control of the game the ref was, and he was out there by himself. No video ref needed and no controversial decisions....just absolute control and dare I say it...respect!

I just watched tooveys reaction to the penalty count last night. That is the exact reaction we should give on a weekly basis!! he thinks theres a conspiracy against his team, maybe he could help solve our conspiracy too.
Admitting that he tells his players to stay down and wait for the penalty was retarded and immature!

Had he pointed out that the blatant shoulder charge that nearly split Isaac Luke in half was not even noticed, let alone penalised, he could have maintained a small amount of dignity. Justin Horo was put on report for something far less sinister but the hit on Isaac goes completely un-noticed? Shayne Hayne is a dickhead imo.

Admitting that he tells his players to stay down and wait for the penalty was retarded and immature!.
He was making a valid point IMO. Inglis stayed down and ended up getting the penalty because if you stay down the ref will generally look to see why. Too very was complaining about that and said he would tell his players to stay down now to get those calls. Fair enough too. I am positive some teams do this!!!

Reactions: Xfactor
He was making a valid point IMO. Inglis stayed down and ended up getting the penalty because if you stay down the ref will generally look to see why. Too very was complaining about that and said he would tell his players to stay down now to get those calls. Fair enough too. I am positive some teams do this!!!
I have no doubt players do it (and are told to) but a coach publicly stating it whilst having a hissy-fit is unprofessional. If he had said whoever it was that shouldered Isaac Luke should have been at least penalised, his other complaints might have carried more weight!

Admitting that he tells his players to stay down and wait for the penalty was retarded and immature!

Had he pointed out that the blatant shoulder charge that nearly split Isaac Luke in half was not even noticed, let alone penalised, he could have maintained a small amount of dignity. Justin Horo was put on report for something far less sinister but the hit on Isaac goes completely un-noticed? Shayne Hayne is a dickhead imo.
Sorry boys i forgot to mention i hadnt watched the game at all so i dont know if toovey was justified, all i really liked what his reaction and that is the type of coach or player reaction we need for our team on a weekly basis, it just seems unfair that we just take what we given.[DOUBLEPOST=1376814566][/DOUBLEPOST]
Saw that this morning. Looked like he was going to blow a fuse. Funny how we complain about Manly last week getting favourable calls then Toovey comes out and spits the dummy this week...

Its perfect, thats all i can say

Reactions: mt.wellington
$10,000 bucks for being a sore loser. Ouch.... Imagine if fans on the forums got fined as well... There would be a lot of broke fans out there.. Ha Ha....

Imagine if refs got fined for fucking games up???
We'd never find anyone to do the job. It'd be "thanks but no thanks. I don't want to completely ruin my life unless I'm getting payed for it..." IMHO I think the hatred of the fans is more than enough to keep the refs in line....