Rumour Warriors Sex Rumours,lies And Conspiracy Action Plan.

Ever Hopeful

1st Grade Fringe
Contributor
Feb 24, 2013
wheres the Sex ;)

Giggidy-giggidy-giggidy :sperm:

Oh & what Rugged said. Teams earn penalties through dominance up front, wearing out the opposition, possession, quick plays of the ball, fighting to get up etc etc. Not to mention playing smart football. None of which we were in the ball park of the nearest team last year.

We do get a lot of calls against us, but I don't wanna go down the conspiracy theory route. Refs mucking up video decisions on the other hand...

Last edited:

95 'til infinity

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 29, 2013
Brisbane,Aust.
What I most definitely agree with is the tv coverage shown of each team's fans and the reinforcement of negative australian stereotypes because of it.Watch a Doggies game and the cameras will constantly focus on the "Cronulla riotin',Wog lookin'" bunch in the crowd.Go to our games and you'll find them more often than not showing the "Jake and Beth lookin',Bouncer down at the Cross" types.However,when the beachside clubs are on,the Sharkies,Manly,the Roosters and the like what usually happens is you'll see the "glamorous,blond hair blue eyes types".Don't know how much of that coverage actually affects the workings of a game but the conspiracy theorist in me says it's all part of a bigger picture:p

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Jun 21, 2012
Mt. Wellington, Auckland
it's just too long.

*sobs*

Oh FFS!

Issues like this need a long post because of the information involved and such a post deserves to be read.

Well done Haydn!

I read poorly written essays all day, every day.

I'm fucked if I'm gonna do that on here too.
TBH I lost interest after reading to much about the wifey and the lack of spacing after a fullstop was driving me nuts.Wonder what it looked like before the mods edited it.I will get to reading it eventually though.Didnt find out if wifey got some new heels or not...

Reactions: rugged

Inruin

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
May 19, 2012
Auckland
i'm impressed. It's a pretty good rant and with supporting evidence as well. I'm seriously on the fence with this. On the one hand we dont complete enough sets and often don't dominate teams enough to earn penalties. I definately think we play too nice. I would love us to turn up with some attitude, like Manly or Souths had when they played us. Almost arrogance, like, seriously? You want to play us?
Then on the other hand I see decisions like the short kick off not going 10m for example and the number of times we get dudded out of a try by the video ref only to see similar decisions in other games awarded. I really don't know. I mean, I'm about 80% we get what we deserve but there is always that 20% that over rides the 80% every now and then when dodgy calls go against us, particularly at pivotal moments of games.

Last edited:

rugged

1st Grade Fringe
May 1, 2012
We went on a pretty awesome run that involved beating the Roosters, Manly and Melbourne. I don't believe that our team is that awesome that we could go on such a run if we were also up against an nrl sanctioned anti Warrior bias, On our day we are good, but not that good.
Still I may just be ignorant fool who refuses to wear a tin foil hat and believe that we never landed on the moon, America caused 9/11 and that Daniel Anderson is still so angry about being fired from the Warriors that he instructed all referees to withhold penalties

Reactions: fizurg

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Jun 21, 2012
Mt. Wellington, Auckland
I wont debate last season as its a year I have banished from my memory forever but as far as this year goes we have been penalised a whole 7 times more then our opposition which averages out at an extra 0.4 penalties per game...

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
Auckland
Ivan Cleary may have been trying to be diplomatic but his old line of us being a lower profile club is interesting.

The refs feel under less pressure when they make mistakes affecting us or penalise us heavily; whereas some of the Sydney clubs if they make a mistake that will be in papers with them being hammered for the next week.

Look at when we started winning this year ok we probably held onto the ball a bit more and a bit less of the stupid mistakes but when a lot more of the media were focussing on us suddenly some of the stranger calls seemed to disappear.

We do get some puzzling calls against us which if it were some of the other teams the refs position in first grade the next week would be called into question.

Reactions: Freddie Futler

Gizzyfan

Warriors 1st Grader
Jan 2, 2013
Early on this year I was watching a game and one of the Fox commentators made the comment that the Warriors " last year got the least number of penalties awarded to them' I couldn't believe that...what did he say? I quickly rewound the old my sky live play and sure enough he said it.I did not mishear that.The conversation then quickly moved on to how the warriors had always struggled with there discipline yeah yeah whatever I said to myself and they then started talking about how the Roosters were the most penalised team.
im not sure what your point is here. the warriors got the least number of penalties awarded to them.. some team has to. was he saying every year or just last year?

As far as Aussies not thinking they are better than others means you have not met the denizens of Prahran, Toorak, and any other elite postcode in Australia. My advice is if you suspect a conspiracy make sure you can discount incompetence first.

Stylez Davis

1st Grade Fringe
Stopped reading once it got all racist

That is it for the NRL they don't care for the Warriors apart from that,they think our fans are jokes(as evidenced by pretty much every TV shot of the fans shows the fattest,ugliest,most tattoed,laziest,crimanalist looking,unemployed, most number of kids in tow Maori or Pacific Islander the TV producers can find at any particular venue

koolkat

1st Grade Fringe
May 18, 2012
Nelson
Honestly if the refs didn't want the Warriors in the GF then Inu's try against the tigers should of been disallowed(i for one thought it was a no try )every team gets a bad wrap with the refs,it doesn't matter who you are it matters where you are! Brisbane,Brookvale,Leichhardt,Win jubilee .this is where your more likely to get penalized its because the crowd is so inclosed and the refs feel intimidated.conspiracy theory Na don't think so.

Last edited:
Reactions: fizurg and rugged

Hadyn

1st Grade Fringe
May 3, 2013

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
First reply to the thread I dismissed the NRL conspiracy because I believe that was sorted by Watsons Lawyers in a backroom deal with the NRL after the Ali Lauititi send off, that Reff was busted laughing about getting it wrong with his mates because it was only the Warriors.

As much as I still don't believe there is a conspiracy I believe what Hayden says reflects an attitude,

The early front foot start by opposition teams when the Warriors are down is fact , but it's counter balanced by the same players being pinged Mannering / Marteo / and Edd Lowrie

Frankly the performance in Manly games goes strongly in their favor , they get away with a bigger ten mtrs and long hold downs in the tackle,,,,I got so pissed off with the Reffs I turned the game off with 15minutes to go and told anyone who cared to listen that they are a pack of cheats.

But Manly got unfairly hammered in a game earlier this year and responded to repeated sets on their line with record breaking defence.

So......

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
Auckland
If i was a ref or refs boss would you rather be on the wrong side of Cleary, Bluey, or Elliot or have Hasler, Stuart, Toovey on your case. They don't do it as much probably to give it more impact but add Bellamy and Bennett to that list.

Danpatmac

Oh FFS!

Issues like this need a long post because of the information involved and such a post deserves to be read.

Well done Haydn!

I read poorly written essays all day, every day.

I'm fucked if I'm gonna do that on here too.

You are a school teacher then.....says it all!!

What?
That i'm intelligent, educated and have no time for poorly thought out ideas and generally bad writing?

Correct.

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings