General Warriors Set to be Sold?

Preferred bidder?

• ARL/Graham Lowe/Wayne Scurrah

• Fale Consortium

Results are only viewable after voting.
So what you're saying is that Mt Smart needs heated seats, wings, and strippers. Hell, don't even live in Auckland and I'd make my way to Mt Smart for that.

Had that dejavu feeling when our new owners came out talking about winning a title in 3-4 years. The big talk has started already.

Did they really say 3-4 years? Bloody gumbies. Despite the efforts of the current group and we're not even halfway through the current season.

I dont find the ticket prices too bad, you can get a family pass 2 adults 2 kids in Silver zone for $50. How much cheaper could it be?

Something I have never understood in pro sports is that the sport undermines the venue by selling to tv... effectively receiving money from television in exchange for lower gate takings.

TV revenue (via nrl grants) is 12.4m plus, sponsorship is several million more, plus merchandise sales, etc, etc

If we got 10,000 average per game @ $12 average per seat x 12 home games per year, that only 1.5m in annual gate takings... a relatively small percentage of overall revenue.

Why do pro sports not lower the gate income to the point of selling out every game... even if the have to give the tickets away, as I believe the extra fans and growth in sport followers would lead to greater tv revenue that would eclipse the lost gate takings.

I believe the gate takings should be a loss leader to increase the real value which comes from tv and this should be a directive from the nrl down as a condition of receiving the extra funding.

If I was in charge the games would be sold out every week (but we might end up bankrupt lol)

Last edited:
Yep I’ve got three kids all boys who like the league, but to go, parking, drinks and food it’s just too much. Improve the food and drink aspect and stop ripping off the punters, if Mt Smart didn’t charge the vendors so much or capped the prices it would be a better experience. A bit like going to the movies, tickets are 15 bucks but the popcorn and drinks are another 20, it bullshit.
Took my Elderly Diabetic Mum to a game one time, poor old security guards have the ignominy of going through her diabetic snack food and declaring it not allowed.
Same deal with all her pill bottles and injection, scrutinized because it is their job.
I felt sorry for security because I know what it's like, but thankfully being prepared ahead of time for that discussion saw common sense prevail.

Still begs the question why are there no healthy affordable food options available to a demographic like a Warriors crowd ?

Auclkand City council hello you rules Nazi's....got you there.

Took my Elderly Diabetic Mum to a game one time, poor old security guards have the ignominy of going through her diabetic snack food and declaring it not allowed.
Same deal with all her pill bottles and injection, scrutinized because it is their job.
I felt sorry for security because I know what it's like, but thankfully being prepared ahead of time for that discussion saw common sense prevail.

Still begs the question why are there no healthy affordable food options available to a demographic like a Warriors crowd ?

Auclkand City council hello you rules Nazi's....got you there.

Being an elderly diabetic myself I find it equally frustrating. Was more angry with the security guard who refused to let an elderly couple with their daughter in a wheelchair go through the gate at Beasly entry even though Sir Butcher had only just had them open the gate to let him drive through. The couple luckily had plenty of assistance to get the chair up the hill and through gate B. I know security have set protocols but ffs that was disgusting from a customer service point of view.

Being an elderly diabetic myself I find it equally frustrating. Was more angry with the security guard who refused to let an elderly couple with their daughter in a wheelchair go through the gate at Beasly entry even though Sir Butcher had only just had them open the gate to let him drive through. The couple luckily had plenty of assistance to get the chair up the hill and through gate B. I know security have set protocols but ffs that was disgusting from a customer service point of view.
Love your nickname btw.

Yes that is pretty dam well disgusting.

You can blame three things:

Poor recruitment.

Poor training.

Global terrorism. The world's gone mad, event security done well should look more like slick, welcoming, tourism event promotion.

To get that on a large scale you need smart people....and they cost money unfortunately.

Beastmode

There’s always next year.
Contributor
Pssssssst

Richard Fale, just sit back and watch it all go down the crapper then come in as the brown knight to save the club (cough cough Eric Watson style)....

Bruce will love u long time before it’s all said and done...

• Haha
Reactions: Off The Bench
Works for Manchester City.

Money and the willingness to spend it become no objects with owners like these...chump change.
It works at Man City because there is no salary cap. They can pay ridiculous money on players salaries. They are paying DeBruyne £280k a week as an example, $541k a week in NZ money. that's probably after tax as well

It's ruined the game, clubs can't compete

Last edited:
Bit like the ARL are doing now I guess...
Probably, but which one can be held more accountable? I'm not a fan of the ARL because I know sfa about them but I'd rather the devil you know than the devil you don't at this point.
My first instinct is to put together what the fans expect, would like to see going forward from the ARL...I never underestimate the power of public opinion, fans feedback, or the power of proven results. The sooner this is made clear the less fobbing off can happen. Insist they lay out their plan and show why it will work, and get vocal if its obviously pie-in-the-sky. Use the media if that's what it takes.
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what what you've always got"
Force them to be transparent & accountable and if you feel they're not being, make s@#*tloads of noise about it. Fans have a lot of power, use it positively & if you have gripes say so - but also give your solutions.
Be an activist...its the new (and old) kiwi way lol

bruce

Contributor
The price of 10-15 million indicates that maybe the CPHT and Autex have paid big overs for their NRL team.
The Chanel Harris-Tavita have paid overs but by how much? Manly have a very small fan base compared to the Warriors. Their merchandising and advertising market would be small as well. They have a scungy tin pot little ground that is also a health hazard. They are the most unpopular club in Sydney as well. If anything I reckon it shows the Chanel Harris-Tavita didn't get such a bad deal after all.