General Warriors selection vs Vulcans

Spence_old

I heard that he is the fastest in the whole Warriors extended squad. Maybe Kemp has overtaken his now though?

Viking_old

Oh, there's no doubting Rusty Bristow is a fine player, I just think he's too slow for the backs. I actually think he could develop into a world class backrower in a short, stumpy, Trevor "Axe" Gillmeister mould. He must've held the record for most tackle breaks last year, was throwing them off.

I am really looking forward to seeing how Nafe Seluini goes this year. I thought he was amazing last year but then he got hooked! Don't know the reasons, could've been an injury or attitude but he was like a pocket dynamo!

It was injury, same goes for Francis Leegar who rate highly. That's the thing, if you get injured and you turn 20, you've probably missed your shot no matter how good you are, which is what happened to Francis.

Iafeta_old

That's my argument for changing the selection availiability policy on NYC, Viking. I think you should be allowed 3-4 players in your squad who are under 22 but over 20. Some players and some positions more likely like prop forward and halfback sometimes take time to mature. A good example of missing the boat due to injury was a bloke who was in our development squad for some time, had big wraps on him, but only got 2-3 games last year due to injury - Scott Jones. He's now at Newtown AFAIK.

Francis Leger is a guy I think who has enormous ability. Reminded me a lot of Clinton Toopi with his footwork, but just without the brain explosions.

JonB_old

He makes me look small.

(Did you like the way I said that, as if it would actually take someone taller than a horse jockey to make me look small? :lol1:)

yeah.

I saw that pic of you and Henry Paul.

his guns were bigger than your guns.

Spence_old

I didn't realise Scott Jones was off our books. I had big raps on him. Pity.

Viking_old

That's my argument for changing the selection availiability policy on NYC, Viking. I think you should be allowed 3-4 players in your squad who are under 22 but over 20. Some players and some positions more likely like prop forward and halfback sometimes take time to mature. A good example of missing the boat due to injury was a bloke who was in our development squad for some time, had big wraps on him, but only got 2-3 games last year due to injury - Scott Jones. He's now at Newtown AFAIK.

Francis Leger is a guy I think who has enormous ability. Reminded me a lot of Clinton Toopi with his footwork, but just without the brain explosions.

Yeah, plenty agree with you there. Players mature at different rates and props don't usually hit their straps until their 20s whereas backs can be bought in at an earlier age because they don't face the wear and tear that forwards have to endure. Until recently they weren't paid as much either.
I can't see it happening though, it's a grey area and an idea that faces plenty of opposition, what's better for the game and the players isn't always in the interest of the broadcasters.

Scott Jones will come through to 1st grade eventually, he was always going to be up against it when he got injured. The best thing he could've done was go to Newtown and I expect the Roosters to pick up sooner or later. Pawley will have a good dig with the Vulcans but might be a casualty of the Warriors big spend up in the off season. Realistically, Brown will take the hooking spot at the Vulcans and Pita Godinet might get pushed to the bench with Foran or even Jones dropping back to the halves which will in turn send Aaron to Fox most weeks. He'll get his shots during the year though.

I haven't heard anything of Francis, if I was him I'd be moving to NSW and trying work my way into a NSW Cup side through the Bundaberg Cup, he'd be unlikely to get any more chances here.

Spence_old

It's sad to see players go, but at the same time I'm happy to see them get good opportunity at other clubs. Steve Rapira for example, he is probably pushing for 1st grade this year, but he would've had no shot at the Warriors, bar injuries.

Spence_old

Is this you, JB?

ashots.ikbis.com_image_15943_screen_Extreme_Muscle_Man.jpg