General Warriors Salary Cap Discussion

WellingtonOrca

WellingtonOrca

Just reviewing the team namings - there have been 26 total players named so far this season. The 22 named round 1 https://www.nzwarriors.com/threads/nrl-2018-round-1-warriors-vs-rabbitohs-team-list.60588/
plus Mannering, Vete, Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad and Satae. Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad being the only one of the 26 to not actually make the final 17 so far.

So there's still 4 spots up in the air from a mix of Beale, Ayshford, Lawton, Cherrington, Santo, Perham, Roache, Bell.

My money would be on Beale, Ayshford, Lawton and Roache being the final 4 unless they managed to find out about Roache's injury before confirming him.

Run_it_str8

Run_it_str8

Just reviewing the team namings - there have been 26 total players named so far this season. The 22 named round 1 https://www.nzwarriors.com/threads/nrl-2018-round-1-warriors-vs-rabbitohs-team-list.60588/
plus Mannering, Vete, Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad and Satae. Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad being the only one of the 26 to not actually make the final 17 so far.

So there's still 4 spots up in the air from a mix of Beale, Ayshford, Lawton, Cherrington, Santo, Perham, Roache, Bell.

My money would be on Beale, Ayshford, Lawton and Roache being the final 4 unless they managed to find out about Roache's injury before confirming him.

Do we not get to waive Roache as he's out for the season?

Genuine fucked if i know question.

razzrillinger

razzrillinger

Not if he was signed before the injury - Raiders made a big stink of it since they lost Hodgson during the world cup but they still have to count him under the cap for this season.

Hodgson is coming back this season though.

The news about Roache being ruled out for the season and Hingano leaving came around the same time that our Top 29 players needed to be lodged , so I feel like he isn't included.

Reactions: Off The Bench
mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Contributor
Going through all the team lists we have used 24 players and named 26 players this season. That only means we get 4 more players from the unused list.

USED

1. Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
2. David Fusitua
3. Peta Hiku
4. Solomone Kata
5. Ken Maumalo
6. Blake Green
7. Shaun Johnson
8. James Gavet
9. Issac Luke
10. Adam Blair
11. Isaiah Papali'i
12. Tohu Harris
13. Ligi Sao
14. Sam Cook
15. Leivaha Pulu
16. Sam Lisone
17. Bunty Afoa
18. Jazz Tevaga
19. Agnatius Paasi
20. Mason Lino
21. Chris Satae
22. Simon Mannering
23. Anthony Gelling
24. Albert Vete

NAMED

25. Joseph Vuna
26. Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad

UNUSED

Blake Ayshford
Nathaniel Roache
James Bell
Gerard Beale
Matiu Love-Henry
Zac Santo
Manaia Cherrington
Hayze Perham
Karl Lawton
King Vuniyawa
Patrick Sipley
Chanel Harris-Tavita
Junior Pauga
Lewis Soosemea

playdaball

playdaball

Heritage Member
Santo played reserves last week and scored a try. Wasn't he injured prior to this time?

Reactions: AlexM
snake77

snake77

I know some clubs were naming 29 and keeping one back but will assume we have registered 30 with the NRL. So I'd assume the remaining 4 are Ayshford, Beale, Roache and Lawton.

Doyle or McFadden made a comment about Ayshford a year or so back that he played more first grade than they anticipated. That could mean he is on a second tier contract or the lower part of the first grade squad (most likely).

I thought I read clubs need to name 29 by now? Saw an article the Titans are stuggling as it is unfair to sign players that are not in their long term plans. One year contracts? Their coach also said its hard for the rural clubs like them and Newcastle. Everyone has a poor me recruitment excuse in this competition.

Penpal

Hard to imagine Blake isn't in there. He's not a star but he's been a solid performer when many others have let us down

Reactions: RiceOwl

Penpal

Surely Lawton replaced Ata in the 30. If we lost Luke for the season tonight (perish the thought) we would be pretty light on options

Reactions: Sup42
mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Contributor
Hard to imagine Blake isn't in there. He's not a star but he's been a solid performer when many others have let us down
Pretty sure we got Blake Ayshford for peanuts. Last chance saloon we were. Not sure if he was ever upgraded though? You would think he was part of the full squad.

Also thought we got dispensation on Nathaniel Roache to take him out of our 30?

Only one I can say with almost certainty would be Gerard Beale...

Penpal

I know it's not a major thing to the clubs but the interest of transparency for fans... wouldn't it be great if they had to nominate 26 players by the start of the season. 27 and 28 to be confirmed round 6 and the final two before the June deadline. Or something similar. As fans who invest in gear and tickets etc it would be nice to think we would be up to date with this sort of stuff. Shit I'd even be happy if we could some clarification (that's explained in a simple way that even dummies like me can understand) of exactly how the rule works. Appreciate some smarter cookies than me on here will have a better handle on this

Reactions: fizurg
mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Contributor
I know it's not a major thing to the clubs but the interest of transparency for fans... wouldn't it be great if they had to nominate 26 players by the start of the season. 27 and 28 to be confirmed round 6 and the final two before the June deadline. Or something similar. As fans who invest in gear and tickets etc it would be nice to think we would be up to date with this sort of stuff. Shit I'd even be happy if we could some clarification (that's explained in a simple way that even dummies like me can understand) of exactly how the rule works. Appreciate some smarter cookies than me on here will have a better handle on this
Reality is 99.99% of fans don't give a shit. I'll harass Cameron George next time I see him at a game...

Reactions: Inruin

Penpal

I guess you're probably right. I try to watch as many games as possible from all three teams so I take an interest in the 30 when watching the other two teams for depth and young talent. When I watch the Warriors with mates most of them couldn't name more than three or four players from Intrust so I guess that backs up your point.

Off The Bench

Off The Bench

Blake Ayshford will probably not play fg this year
We have to have 3 of our centers gone before he's even in
Consideration .An then its probable SK would move Fusitua to center
So he can give a young one some game time
This is awesome recruitment IMO
Two things if we need him he will be steady
An our back line will remain coherent

WellingtonOrca

WellingtonOrca

Aah I see my mistake earlier, forgot there's no 19 Jersey which is why I was 1 off.

I thought I read clubs need to name 29 by now? Saw an article the Titans are stuggling as it is unfair to sign players that are not in their long term plans. One year contracts? Their coach also said its hard for the rural clubs like them and Newcastle. Everyone has a poor me recruitment excuse in this competition.

They were supposed to have 29 locked in at the start of the season, but the titans only have 26 or 27 so are in breach but not currently facing any penalties.

Reactions: mt.wellington