Rumour Warriors Recruitment Discussion and Rumour Mill - 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't see it happening, personally I don't think Reynolds is that good anyway.

Not that long ago, I would have said that I couldn't think of a better player to partner Shaun Johnson in the halves - a steady hand with a fantastic precision kicking game...

However, he's really dropped off in the last season and a bit, and now that we have Townsend and Tui coming through, I don't think there's really any need for him.

Reactions: Jamie
why don't we sign Chris Sandow, may be inconsistent but he comes up with moments of gold like this;

Chris Sandow sin binned for asking referee how much he was being paid in Eels loss to Storm

“HOW much are they paying you?”

It was this cheeky remark from Parramatta star Chris Sandow to referee Ben Cummins in Sunday’s loss to Melbourne at AAMI Park that could land the Eels playmaker in hot water with the NRL.

Sandow was sent to the bin for the comment made after Cummins awarded Melbourne a penalty when the home side was deep in attack during the second half.

cont @:
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/chris-sandow-sin-binned-for-asking-referee-how-much-he-was-being-paid-in-eels-loss-to-storm/story-e6frf3tc-1226962927069

made my fucking day!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Just to get this thread back on topic. If ST is injured is Lolohea the next cab off the rank as a fullback, and is he a contracted Warriors player through the juniors, or would they need to sign him?

Reactions: Hitman82
Granville has just scored against us. Might be a nice, cheap signing for hooker depth out of QLD cup. I like what I see so far super quick acceleration, will be interesting to see how he handles his defensive workload for the 80
He goes alright doesn't he? I read on the Broncos forum that he might be going to the Titans

I feel we should be going after David Shillington, big man and hitting some form. Matulino could be shifted out to the right with Bukuya making way. I feel we lack a bit of size in the front row, especially against Souths and the Bulldogs
IMO only way we could get him over is if the boat is seriously rocking at the Raiders and we throw some good $ at him. AM would know him well if he's what we are after. I've wanted him at our club for a while now, IMO he'll go well in our pack, would further strengthen the leadership group on/off the field, and experience - again we would have to see if we could a early release. I was hoping Sticky got his way and had a clean out at the raiders lol.

IMO only way we could get him over is if the boat is seriously rocking at the Raiders and we throw some good $ at him. AM would know him well if he's what we are after. I've wanted him at our club for a while now, IMO he'll go well in our pack, would further strengthen the leadership group on/off the field, and experience - again we would have to see if we could a early release. I was hoping Sticky got his way and had a clean out at the raiders lol.
There have been rumours shillington has been told he can explore his options , apparent he and Stuart never really got on(Stuart didn't want him and let him leave the roosters). He's played ok this year, if you could get his form from 2/3 years ago out of him he'd be great but he does play a bit soft on occasions

Jordan G

He does, but so does the entire Canberra team at times. Amazing what a change of environment can do to revive a players career.

Depending on his priorities (mainly whether he'd be willing to move the family to NZ) we'd be a decent shot. Cappy isn't far removed from being the Raiders assistant and the players were supposedly unhappy when he left. If Shillo rates Cappy there would be an inside line.

Again, the move to NZ thing is always the biggest stumbling block.

Far Away Fan

why don't we sign Chris Sandow, may be inconsistent but he comes up with moments of gold like this;

Chris Sandow sin binned for asking referee how much he was being paid in Eels loss to Storm

“HOW much are they paying you?”

made my fucking day!!!

A cool idea. Well maybe. And maybe you're not suggesting it as a serious option... ;)
I've always liked Sandow, despite his gambling issues. Are they over now, dealt with? He's the archetypal cheekie chappie on the field and always plays like he's just loving the game. I admire him, too, for saying what he said, even tho some are slating him for it (how unprofessional, bla bla bla).

But our halves combination of Shaun Johnson (attacking flare in spades) and The Chad (solid supporting play and attacking options, a bit like a developing Cooper Cronk) is a pretty good one. Signing Sandow would upset the applecart.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Rick O'Shay
Status
Not open for further replies.