Rumour Warriors Recruitment Discussion and Rumour Mill - 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you serious mate, is this for real, awesome if true, but not getting hopes up.
All I know is Foran will be announcing his future in 4 weeks to Manly.

Don't know anything about the Warriors announcement. If it is Foran then I'D be very surprised. He promised the club they'd know first and he wouldn't make the decision until after 4 nations.

Then again Eric's tweet was before the confidentail document was sent to Warriors. Did the club end up telling Foran to spill the beans once the media got a hold of it. And everyone denying it to buy some time?

According to my contact Eric's tweet caused a shit storm at Brookvale and members are pretty fucked off.

Reactions: OMG

Don't know anything about the Warriors announcement. If it is Foran then I'D be very surprised. He promised the club they'd know first and he wouldn't make the decision until after 4 nations.

Then again Eric's tweet was before the confidentail document was sent to Warriors. Did the club end up telling Foran to spill the beans once the media got a hold of it. And everyone denying it to buy some time?

According to my contact Eric's tweet caused a shit storm at Brookvale and members are pretty fucked off.

So just clarifying your source thinks 2016 not 2015 ay?

No, that's Burger King, fool. Apparantly some guys in Brisbane had a burger outfit called Burger King when Burger King decided they'd like to expand into Australia and fought for the name. Hence a whole heap of "Hungry Jack's" burger restaurants in Australia that, golly gosh gee, look just like a Burger King restaurant in New Zealand would.
hungry-jacks-makes-it-better.png

There is a guy on another clubs forum that has been saying for some time that Foran had actually been given permission to look around as apparently they rate littlejohn very highly and I suppose could use forans money elsewhere(Matai, DCE etc). I thought he was completely nuts as couldn't see manly agreeing to this. now I'm not so sure

I don't think it is possible to have two halves on roughly a million which is what the sea eagles would have to do to keep DCE an FOZ. basically someone has to go and they have decided that Foran is slightly easier to replace.... from the past history players who announce they are switching to another club before the season even starts is a recipe for disaster. Especially with the current scenario at Manly it would be tough on the whole squad. Hopefully Penn releases him if they think this Littlejohn bloke is the goods. (probs unrealistic tho ahha)

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
There is a guy on another clubs forum that has been saying for some time that Foran had actually been given permission to look around as apparently they rate littlejohn very highly and I suppose could use forans money elsewhere(Matai, DCE etc). I thought he was completely nuts as couldn't see manly agreeing to this. now I'm not so sure
Jack Littlejohn! Really???

• Haha
Reactions: OMG and Inruin
That's false. Manly are desperately clinging to Matai and Lyon. But Foran and DCE are more their priority. They now have a sole owner and he told members he'll dip into his own pockets if need be. Unfortunately for him the team is imploding and mt well is rightsnout dce.

Reactions: mt.wellington
That's false. Manly are desperately clinging to Matai and Lyon. But Foran and DCE are more their priority. They now have a sole owner and he told members he'll dip into his own pockets if need be. Unfortunately for him the team is imploding and mt well is rightsnout dce.

Surely they havent got enough cash to just upgrade captain lyon, give matai a generous upgrade, re-sign buhrer on a upgrade, keep stewart aaannd also sign mateo and mason. And this is before they even start to re-sign their halves who both have a value of around a million each? Something has to give especially if the players dont wana be there.

Reactions: Harlz
What I've heard for what's it's worth is that "the warriors are an option" (which is a big departure from what I've been told in the past)
But the roosters are the front runners...

Reactions: Inruin

Ohh boohoo poor Manly...i weep with sympathy..

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Surely they havent got enough cash to just upgrade captain lyon, give matai a generous upgrade, re-sign buhrer on a upgrade, keep stewart aaannd also sign mateo and mason. And this is before they even start to re-sign their halves who both have a value of around a million each? Something has to give especially if the players dont wana be there.
Both Stewarts gone will have freed up enough for upgrades IMO.

Read on FB that Veitchy qouted Dean Lonergan as saying that the Foran to Warriors was "a done deal'.

Trying not to but Im starting to get a boner :sperm::confused:...

If Foran comes (which I doubt), how about trying Chad at Hooker, from what I saw last season Littlejohn looked OK, if Manly are looking to unload fringe players, what about him. We could do worse IMO.

Both Stewarts gone will have freed up enough for upgrades IMO.

Read on FB that Veitchy qouted Dean Lonergan as saying that the Foran to Warriors was "a done deal'.

Trying not to but Im starting to get a boner :sperm::confused:...
Lol. Deano's a huge promoter bro. You know that. He's great at creating hype. He's just as goodles at delivering on his own work. But on this, I can assure you he has no knowledge. He's just being an advocate for the game.

I tell you the members all this time have been under the impression that they'll keep most players and lose 2 or 3. Foran is one they don't want to lose.

Reactions: mt.wellington
Quite funny listening to RadioSport this morning about Eric's crazy tweet. There is obviously a lot more to this story.

It would have been for 2016, are we even allowed to talk to him yet for the following year? If we can isn't it from November 1st they must have moved pretty quick.
Might be why they announced Townsend as the preferred five eight next year.

Last week out potential spine of Johnson, Foran and TL didn't go too badly.

All this after they didn't have enough money to table an offer to Glenn Stewart. Since then they have been active upgrading current stars and signing players of various experience levels. Not surprised a lot of their players are pissed off.

Status
Not open for further replies.