Status
Not open for further replies.
He is absolutely 115kg - that is fact, the guy is a dead set fridge. Was a big loss when he left from the warriors. I doubt we would be the only club lining him up
So if we're going off listed weights, he weighs more than Jason Taumalolo then? Don't think so.

When I said 'smaller side' I was referring to height. He's listed as 6ft which really isn't that tall these days if you look at the heights of the dominant forward packs going around at the moment.

Reactions: bruce
Paasi is a good buy for what is out there at the moment. Everyone has been hating on Kearney, at lest next year he will have the players he wants. From the looks of them they are all players who can all do a job. Not super stars, just players who will go out and get the job done.

Yeah I completely agree - a value for money buy who brings some energy and impact. It had been rumoured for a while that we were after a low price forward and to get a guy with 50 NRL games under his belt and an offensive game is surely good recruitment

Paasi is a very talented man for his size.....the Warriors pissed around with him at center * really daft move against the Wigan Warriors speed machines in Hamilton.

Typical poor debut for a Warrior kid against the Broncos.....offloaded when he would have been told to play it tight.....but hey....he went on to prove himself in two key areas Warrior forwards are weak.
Line bending and playing at the line with ball and footwork.

Paasi and Gavet give the Warriors some threat at the line ( quite attractive rotation options up front)...while being very different player types for Props.

lastly the Warriors back row is bland. Tohu Harris eventually will be a ball player in that pack....which again gives them some rotation options thanks to the Paasi option.

Very different Pack.....the Warriors have sucked me back in.

^^^ Pretty much. Moylan is apparently staying put now, and it has been reported Green is getting a 1 year extension (probably due to us offering three years to his current 1 year deal, leverage).

Word is Paasi is getting out of the Titans on compassionate grounds, so he may have just fallen into our hands, hence the "modest deal."

Would he replace Thompson on the right as a 50 minute second rower? Or a 40 Minute lock with Pulu/Lisone, Mannering out wide. Happy with either of those options.

Reactions: Johnnyray
What is the story with Abraham Papailli? He is back in New Zealand and the guy is a dead set unit. Are the Warriors sounding him out at all. Surely they have to give him a preseason? Much much MUCH more upside than Satae id imagine

Reactions: Johnnyray

WarriorBall

What is the story with Abraham Papailli? He is back in New Zealand and the guy is a dead set unit. Are the Warriors sounding him out at all. Surely they have to give him a preseason? Much much MUCH more upside than Satae id imagine

I'm pretty sure he's contracted, he played a game for us in ISP this season ...

Reactions: bruce

Stalefish540

System reboot, see you all in '23.
Contributor
He turned out for the ISP a couple of times later in the season. Think someone said he wasn't contracted and was playing for Pt Chev from memory. He was a beast in the games I saw in ISP.[/QUOTE]

Reactions: Johnnyray and bruce
I just wonder what 2018 will be like for him. By then Thurston will be over his injury so it could be an extended stint in reserve grade.

Yea, I think it hinges on Lachlan Coote.

If Coote gets injured they could go with Morgan to the back and Martin into the halves.

WarriorBall

Rumor doing the rounds that were looking at bringing back a Warriors junior for ISP any thoughts on who it might be?

I'd be stoked if it was Marata Nuikore who won the Eels NSW Cup player of the year this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.