Recruitment Warriors Recruitment and Rumour Mill - 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tolman would be an excellent signing. He's the kind of workmanlike player that would hold together all of the flaky, but brilliant players in our team. Eastwood, I get the feeling, would come back to NZ and just bro out, rather than being a role model.

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor
I like the idea of a Tolman like signing, it's great getting these kiwi boys coming home but need a bit of variety in the squad

Reactions: ramps
I like the idea of a Tolman like signing, it's great getting these kiwi boys coming home but need a bit of variety in the squad
Variety? What bloody variety does Tolman have over Lillyman, do tell. Moa brings more to the table than both those two and would be worth the extra few bucks.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ozwarrior

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor
Variety? What bloody variety does Tolman have over Lillyman, do tell. Moa brings more to the table than both those two and would be worth the extra few bucks.

Is there a quota on Aussie forwards? :p
What I was referring to is i think it's beneficial to have some players from outside of the Kiwis system With different experience to compliment our kiwis players to get a better rounded team.
I'd say Tolman would be seen as an heir of sort to Lillyman who IMO is on the decline of late.
Definitely wouldn't say no to Moa but if he's too expensive then why not Tolman?

Jordan G

IMO if we get Moa/Tolman it's more likely to see Lillyman leave early than in addition to him.

Reactions: Defence
Tasi Matautu has signed with the Warriors till the end of the 2017 season. Was a part of the Canterbury Bulldogs HPU event held last year. Rabbitohs where also interested as he spent time in their nz run programmes.

Reactions: tajhay and Sup42

Vancent

🫣
Contributor
Tasi Matautu has signed with the Warriors till the end of the 2017 season. Was a part of the Canterbury Bulldogs HPU event held last year. Rabbitohs where also interested as he spent time in their nz run programmes.
Is this a NSWRL contract? 2nd Tier I mean...

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Apparently Aiden Tolman is definitely on the cards and wants less than Sam Moa. Quite a bit less. If Sam Lousi would leave we could have him signed up already and retain Jacob Lillyman.

Sam Moa still interested in joining our roster. If we can meet his asking price. Sounds like it maybe a little much. Hopefully the Warriors can sort something out and not lose him like they did Frank Pritchard who was keen to come over...

Ever Hopeful

Contributor
Apparently Aiden Tolman is definitely on the cards and wants less than Sam Moa. Quite a bit less. If Sam Lousi would leave we could have him signed up already and retain Jacob Lillyman.

Wow, recruitment at the Warriors has definitely reached a new dawn. That would be an awesome pick up. Sione better get fit and earn at least some of his coin.

I can't believe players actually want to come here. We must have been all kinds of disaster behind the scenes prior to Doyle arriving

I see a premiership in the next couple of years (not this year though)

Reactions: OMG
Wow, recruitment at the Warriors has definitely reached a new dawn. That would be an awesome pick up. Sione better get fit and earn at least some of his coin.

I can't believe players actually want to come here. We must have been all kinds of disaster behind the scenes prior to Doyle arriving

I see a premiership in the next couple of years (not this year though)
Yeah great signs for us.

Jordan G

Sam Moa still interested in joining our roster. If we can meet his asking price. Sounds like it maybe a little much. Hopefully the Warriors can sort something out and not lose him like they did Frank Pritchard who was keen to come over.

Saw Greg Eastwood at the Nines and sorry guys but he is fat. He was actually waddling while on the field. Easily needs to lose 10-15 kilos...

That's interesting. Can't be asking for too much. Considering the output he delivers you'd think he would be able to get within range of Moa (even if Moa is higher impact).

He's signed until the end of 2017 like Lillyman isn't he? Dogs must be trying to make room for someone (possibly upgrades) if they're willing to part with him when he's not asking for much.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sam Moa still interested in joining our roster. If we can meet his asking price. Sounds like it maybe a little much. Hopefully the Warriors can sort something out and not lose him like they did Frank Pritchard who was keen to come over...

If he's cheaper, Tolman is the better buy imo. Has a big motor and a professional attitude based on everything I've seen. Sam would be great, but I'm not sure if he'll be as effective with the limited interchanges

If he's cheaper, Tolman is the better buy imo. Has a big motor and a professional attitude based on everything I've seen. Sam would be great, but I'm not sure if he'll be as effective with the limited interchanges

My thoughts too.

Moa is a great player, but he and Tolman aren't that far apart as props. If Tolman was asking for significantly less, I'd rather we go for him - half the battle in the NRL is playing the salary cap game right, maximizing it to the best of our ability (especially when going up against the creative accountants at the Roosters/Broncos/ et al).

Tolman is a 100 metre/30 tackle a game prop. He'd be the perfect third senior prop that I think is the one thing missing from our forward pack.

Jordan G

My thoughts too.

Moa is a great player, but he and Tolman aren't that far apart as props. If Tolman was asking for significantly less, I'd rather we go for him - half the battle in the NRL is playing the salary cap game right, maximizing it to the best of our ability (especially when going up against the creative accountants at the Roosters/Broncos/ et al).

Tolman is a 100 metre/30 tackle a game prop. He'd be the perfect third senior prop that I think is the one thing missing from our forward pack.

Closer to 150m 35 tackles a game. The guy ihas a hell of a motor.

Tolman played one less game than Moa and made over 1000 metres and 200 tackles more.

Not denying that Moa has more impact, but for the balance of the squad Tolman is a no brainer if he's coming cheaper and Moa (or his manager) might be pricing himself out of the market for us.

We might be able to pick up Tolman and keep Lillyman, but I'm not against the idea of a straight swap and freeing up funds to strengthen another position. We'll see how Lillyman goes this year.

ToiletDuck

Administrator

Agreed. Moa is okay, but there's no way he should out-price Aiden Tolman. WTF is Moa asking for anyway? I'm assuming he wants more than what he's on at the Roosters and assumes the Warriors have a hard-on for him because he's a Kiwi..

Status
Not open for further replies.