Recruitment Warriors Recruitment and Rumour Mill - 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does he get good goss about Titans and other clubs recruitment? Seems odd for a NYC player...
Not to sure bro, one of the whanau mentioned Ata as one to watch.
The cuz said, he could be one of us.
Then peer pressure(15 minutes of nagging) squeezed it out.
We usually don't talk rugby league with him, but with the excitement of our 2016 Warriors, we could not help ourselves.
He is more interested in how our Ngaruawahia Panthers are progressing and who is in the national waka ama competition.

How old is he 18/19? Was quite impressed with his showing in the NSW cup last season quite composed for a guy that age.

Reactions: Weno
The latest RLW has a bit on our recruitment of Gavet. He got a recommendation from Bennett. Looks like we have him on a 12 week trial.

Bennet saying he could be useful but has off field issues. Can be late to training.

The strict 12 week trial makes it sound like we are making him earn a contract which is the way it should be.

The interesting part of the article we missed out on Sam Moa which we knew about. But it said we also went after Brett Ferres**. Not sure how far negotiations went but that would have went down well with the media. First headline "Warriors sign guy who slept with teammates wife". Seen he's been picked up by another Super League club now.

**Hopefully I've got the right guy.

The latest RLW has a bit on our recruitment of Gavet. He got a recommendation from Bennett. Looks like we have him on a 12 week trial.

Bennet saying he could be useful but has off field issues. Can be late to training.

The strict 12 week trial makes it sound like we are making him earn a contract which is the way it should be.

The interesting part of the article we missed out on Sam Moa which we knew about. But it said we also went after Brett Ferres**. Not sure how far negotiations went but that would have went down well with the media. First headline "Warriors sign guy who slept with teammates wife". Seen he's been picked up by another Super League club now.

Interesting about Ferries, hell of a player, I'm glad that the club is still looking at players in both Major rugby league comps, it would be stupid to ignore the ESL based on our past experience, just ask Russell Crowe and Des Hassler.

Ferries had a good year last season.

Last edited by a moderator:

ToiletDuck

Administrator
Josh Massoud tweeting that we have been in negotiations with Josh Starling. Am at work so can't get on twitter to upload tweet, but his tweet reads (when asked about Starling): "Starling had been negotiating with Nzwarriors, last I heard."

Josh Massoud tweeting that we have been in negotiations with Josh Starling. Am at work so can't get on twitter to upload tweet, but his tweet reads (when asked about Starling): "Starling had been negotiating with Nzwarriors, last I heard."
Bizarre - I would think prop is pretty much covered now with Gavet.

Jordan G

Hmm what do we know about him outside of the highlight package? Listed as a utility/pivot/fullback but some of those shots showed a pretty big guy playing 11. With no way to know when each video was taken it's hard to say seeing as at a young age the body can change pretty quickly. Ball playing lock maybe?

In any case, at least he seems willing to put his body on the line in defense. That's a start.

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler

Sorry just saw this. Do you have a link for this???

Hmm what do we know about him outside of the highlight package? Listed as a utility/pivot/fullback but some of those shots showed a pretty big guy playing 11. With no way to know when each video was taken it's hard to say seeing as at a young age the body can change pretty quickly. Ball playing lock maybe?

In any case, at least he seems willing to put his body on the line in defense. That's a start.
All good points.

I like the way he puts the ball on the ground and regathers not jut once but Twice !!!

That is harder to pull off than dribbling a ball into an in goal....he's got a natural toe on him and he's not scared to try it.

I hope his parent/parents read this forum.

Get your young fullah practicing field kicking !

If he wants to play halves, it won't matter how big he is, with those twinkle toes, that sound ethic tackling, adding field kicking would put him ahead of all the five eight prospects New Zealand has to chose from today.

He's got a nice sense of the weight/ touch of the ball with his foot, love to see someone like that get kicking lessons.

The way he dribbles that ball, he could learn to (if he doesn't already) dribble it into the in goal for repeat sets with his eyes shut.

Reactions: Defence
All good points.

I like the way he puts the ball on the ground and regathers not jut once but Twice !!!

That is harder to pull off than dribbling a ball into an in goal....he's got a natural toe on him and he's not scared to try it.

I hope his parent/parents read this forum.

Get your young fullah practicing field kicking !

If he wants to play halves, it won't matter how big he is, with those twinkle toes, that sound ethic tackling, adding field kicking would put him ahead of all the five eight prospects New Zealand has to chose from today.

He's got a nice sense of the weight/ touch of the ball with his foot, love to see someone like that get kicking lessons.

The way he dribbles that ball, he could learn to (if he doesn't already) dribble it into the in goal for repeat sets with his eyes shut.
I've seen this kid play local footy ,has all those skills in that You Tube clip - but he's not a great defender TBH still jersey grabbing, hopefully he can work on that part of his game.

Jordan G

Nothing says top tier Kiwi like Aiden Tolman......

I do rate him though, would be happy with that if it came true (prob prefer Moa though).

A replacement for Lillyman perhaps?

Tolman played lock at times last year.

Tolman might have covered the position for a few minutes but he's primarily a prop.

With Eric Watson stating the club will target the top 20 Kiwi NRL players I don't see how Tolman fits in that category.

Where are you hearing that from? Doggies or Warriors source?
That's from a Bulldogs source. Heard he's been approached by the club for 2017, unsure if talks have evolved he's the kinda guy that would leave that sort of thing to the end of the year. May have to take the risk with Moa on a little more money with him offering to come and fitting the 'top 20 kiwis' bill if Aiden doesn't budge.

Status
Not open for further replies.