General Warriors Put On Notice

The sales were slow to the point where a large amount of free tickets were give out BEFORE the cyclone was known about.
These are included in the scanned official attendance.
So a overall fail really.

Mate you have been going at this all day and you're saying Nig-Mah is arrogant. You take the cake.

Your wrong, you only needed to see Carlos T earlier in the day for that, he was staying upright in the tackle and conceding 8m each time, friend tackles low, which is what the others need to start doing, the better tackle for first grade isn't the tackle that is physical but one which gains you a slow play the ball therefore allowing your defence line to come forward, the perfect example of this was Wairangi Kopu, who always put them on their back and twisted them, if it were completely about physicality would you not just go down to Mangere East or Otara and get the guy who hits like a freight train but misses the next tackle.

Mate friend isn't gonna turtle or clock anyone- half the time the attackers up playing the ball while he's still trying to get to marker. That's why they keep running at him- it's a quick play the ball

Mate friend isn't gonna turtle or clock anyone- half the time the attackers up playing the ball while he's still trying to get to marker. That's why they keep running at him- it's a quick play the ball
Many times, he curls up in a ball so he doesn't disturb the play-the-ball, taking him out of the defence.

Reactions: Defence

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Ah sorry guys Mr Perfect is here....and I always thought he was the Ultimate Warrior.
The heart of this thread is whats important. The club if you didnt notice is in crisis. The team is playing like shit, the coach is a fuckwit, the owners are bickering and all everyone wants to talk about is crowd attendance?

And Ultimate Warrior smashed Mr Perfect at Madison Square Garden before Wrestlemania 6...

The heart of this thread is whats important. The club if you didnt notice is in crisis. The team is playing like shit, the coach is a fuckwit, the owners are bickering and all everyone wants to talk about is crowd attendance?

And Ultimate Warrior smashed Mr Perfect at Madison Square Garden before Wrestlemania 6...

Ya I actually agree bro, I was just being a douche. Sorry for my contribution towards derailing the thread and although I will say Mr Perfect was a great wrestler in his prime (RIP), he couldnt hold a candle to the ultimate warrior.

Anyway back to the thread at hand.

I'm not sure if the players were really put on notice given the team that was announced today. Perhaps they are being given a chance to make amends this weekend and to turn things around. I'm just not sure if this group of players can do that, especially against NQ in Townsville. Its a tough ask.

Danpatmac

this weekend is not as much about the result for me as about assessing 2 things:

1. the ability of our players to step up their game when pressure is on
2. the presentation of a commitment and desire to work like a bastard to win.

if they do those things i can handle a loss.
If they can't then we are well and truly fucked.

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
The owners aren't the only ones who are bickering, there's been a lot of that on here since the weekend. Something in the weather?
Just people venting their frustrations on what appears to be another dud season. Human nature. Like piranhas. They are all happy when foods aplenty but when it isnt they start eating each other. Im sure Im not the only one that wonders why I even bother...

Ya I actually agree bro, I was just being a douche. Sorry for my contribution towards derailing the thread and although I will say Mr Perfect was a great wrestler in his prime (RIP), he couldnt hold a candle to the ultimate warrior.

Anyway back to the thread at hand.

I'm not sure if the players were really put on notice given the team that was announced today. Perhaps they are being given a chance to make amends this weekend and to turn things around. I'm just not sure if this group of players can do that, especially against NQ in Townsville. Its a tough ask.
All good brother...

Reactions: ShaunJohnson7

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
think Elliot is well and truly on the slippery slope to getting fired and the problem of releasing players is that some other club will pick them up and then we become weaker and everyone else becomes stronger.

Not sure how you think this would work. if the warriors players are putting in all they have and are bottom of the table, then our players must be crap and not worth keeping. If they aren't putting in all they have, then we don't want them anyway. Personally i see this whole statement "putting the players on notice" as a positive endorsement of ME by management. After all how many coaches can a club go through before they lay down the law to the players. I honestly believe that Management having changed coaches, are now looking for an alternative solution as there just aren't the calibre of coaches available to replace him with that we the fans and probably they actually want (a proven performer willing to live and work in NZ)

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
this weekend is not as much about the result for me as about assessing 2 things:

1. the ability of our players to step up their game when pressure is on
2. the presentation of a commitment and desire to work like a bastard to win.

if they do those things i can handle a loss.
If they can't then we are well and truly fucked.
Sometimes I think they just need to have fun with it. No one looks happy in the team for some reason. A lot of the angst round here at the moment is because of our form at the Nines and the Broncos trial. That all turned out to be buildups but maybe when the result doesnt really matter such as the Broncos trial the boys can just relax and their natural game comes out?

Maybe Im talking shit?

I dont know. Clutching at straws really. Need to see us win so even if the players wont be happy, I will be :(...

I thought the admins of this site were tolerant of thread derailments until the season starts.
So, lets derail some threads quick, cos I've heard the Warriors are due to start their season in the next few weeks.
Sometimes I think they just need to have fun with it. No one looks happy in the team for some reason. A lot of the angst round here at the moment is because of our form at the Nines and the Broncos trial. That all turned out to be buildups but maybe when the result doesnt really matter such as the Broncos trial the boys can just relax and their natural game comes out?

Maybe Im talking shit?

I dont know. Clutching at straws really. Need to see us win so even if the players wont be happy, I will be :(...
We won't rule out any options yet;)

Reactions: gREVUS

Danpatmac

Maybe Im talking shit?

in order to get my belief back in this team after being let down so relentlessly i need to see change.

If it isn't going to be in personnel, and it seems it isn't, then it needs to be in terms of style of play, aggression, team atmosphere and intent.
If there is not a change in intensity, in focus and execution then there will not be a change in results and then the change will be me, finding something else to do when the warriors are on.

I can't keep supporting the same mistakes and obvious flaws over and over...