General Warriors Put On Notice

Sometimes I think they just need to have fun with it. No one looks happy in the team for some reason. A lot of the angst round here at the moment is because of our form at the Nines and the Broncos trial. That all turned out to be buildups but maybe when the result doesnt really matter such as the Broncos trial the boys can just relax and their natural game comes out?

Maybe Im talking shit?

I dont know. Clutching at straws really. Need to see us win so even if the players wont be happy, I will be :(...

It wasn't because the boys were relaxed in the broncos game and their natural game came out. It was because the opposition ie broncos took the game for what it was - a trial game. The outcome and the score have little to zero significance to everyone but us...... ironic how the broncos are up 2-0 while we are 0-2. We need to get our priorities sorted.

I don't want to see the boys "happy", smiling and laughing like they did in the Panthers game last year. Never again. I want to see them with mongrel, anger and pumped for every game. Not a bunch of pay check collectors who spend more time on their twitter account then they do perfecting their trade.

get angry boys!

Reactions: eX | Machina
on a tangent...

about the small crowd at eden park...

perhaps with something like this we could pull in some punters...

amazing pre-game projector technology.

Holy... that's amazing.

If there's one this you have to give Americans credit for, they just know how to do entertainment... it's something the NRL is several light years behind on.

Reactions: 1 person

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
on a tangent...

Being honest the NRL cant afford to put more white lines on the pitch and you think they would fork out for something as impressive as that. Btw cant you just imagine if your side were losing the guy in charge of the projector starts placing an extra ball on the court, accidently of course

on a tangent...

You can see the future with that technology. Video replay on a field sized screen and lots of other stuff. Like all technology that's probably in it's infancy ( dammed impressive ) and what's to come will blow people away.

I wonder what the view at courtside is like though.....you'd want to be in the elevated seats to get perspective.

Cost will come down to of course, I remember when only schools and Churches / business could afford projection technology.

The first projector I bought with a home theater etc was 'for the kids' .....I set up finding Nimo on the Wall to blow them away.....

All the kids were interested in doing was having their silhouetted outlines shadowed onto the wall and making animal shapes.

Being honest the NRL cant afford to put more white lines on the pitch and you think they would fork out for something as impressive as that. Btw cant you just imagine if your side were losing the guy in charge of the projector starts placing an extra ball on the court, accidently of course

The Cavs usually lose....whats your point??

in order to get my belief back in this team after being let down so relentlessly i need to see change.

If it isn't going to be in personnel, and it seems it isn't, then it needs to be in terms of style of play, aggression, team atmosphere and intent.
If there is not a change in intensity, in focus and execution then there will not be a change in results and then the change will be me, finding something else to do when the warriors are on.

I can't keep supporting the same mistakes and obvious flaws over and over...

Why not have a word with ME.

Is he approachable ? I don't know if he is or not .

How would he take it ?

If you tell him to Fuck Off ?

Danpatmac

Why not have a word with ME.

Is he approachable ? I don't know if he is or not .

How would he take it ?

If you tell him to Fuck Off ?

Not sure that it would get much of a result.

Bottom line is, doing what were have been doing for a couple years obviously doesn't work

Not sure that it would get much of a result.

Bottom line is, doing what were have been doing for a couple years obviously doesn't work
I couldn't agree more.
And I'm not saying that all the problems are down to the Coach.
But I AM saying that he hasn't got the ability to put things right.
Never has had. Never will do.
Australia needs him. Tomorrow........

I couldn't agree more.
And I'm not saying that all the problems are down to the Coach.
But I AM saying that he hasn't got the ability to put things right.
Never has had. Never will do.
Australia needs him. Tomorrow........
Maybe.. but can you tell me then how the warriors played with such wonderful shape in the Dunedin trial. That game showed us what they have been working on over the off season and you'd have to be silly to deny the coach played a huge part in that resulting performance..

as did the players

Reactions: Sup42
Maybe.. but can you tell me then how the warriors played with such wonderful shape in the Dunedin trial. That game showed us what they have been working on over the off season and you'd have to be silly to deny the coach played a huge part in that resulting performance..

as did the players

True. So where was it against the Eels and the Dragons ?

A Trial is a Trial is a Trial. It's not the same as a competition match.
As we've all seen.

Last edited:
Reactions: Harlz and Defence
The crowd was actually not too bad considering the cyclone. And to say it was only the walk up crowd is wrong too. We had someone from this very forum who couldn't get there to use his ticket, due to that very cyclone. Many others would have taken the official warning to stay inside. I think 14,000 was a fantastic number for a day with that weather warning.
Guessing that was me, but it didn't matter whether I went through the gate as they already had my money, so I'm guessing I was counted in the attendance. The part that I would be interested to know is, how many people that have said on here and elsewhere about how they hate Mt Smart and don't go to games because it's a shithole, but they would go to Eden Park actually went. Weather wise Auckland didn't look any worse than a lot of winter days.

Guessing that was me, but it didn't matter whether I went through the gate as they already had my money, so I'm guessing I was counted in the attendance. The part that I would be interested to know is, how many people that have said on here and elsewhere about how they hate Mt Smart and don't go to games because it's a shithole, but they would go to Eden Park actually went. Weather wise Auckland didn't look any worse than a lot of winter days.
I wouldn't have expected too many to go. If you won't go because you don't like a stadium, a weather warning is going to be a perfect excuse to not attend another stadium.
Yeah it was you I was talking about.

I think the fact the cyclone never fronted has blurred the situation for many. They warned people not to go, and the extimated time of arrival was 1 hour before kick off. I have almost no doubt that at the very minimum a few thousand chose to stay home.

I wouldn't be so sure you were counted. I'm not sure about their ticketing, but in Dunedin, they scanned your tickets to get crowd numbers. You wouldn't be counted until your ticket was scanned and wiped from the digital list. Members may get counted (if they only have to show their memberships for entry, but if they also have to be scanned then they will have to attend to be counted). They may not offcially list the true crowd numbers, but I am sure for safety, they must know exactly how many people are inside their grounds.

Reactions: surfin
I wouldn't have expected too many to go. If you won't go because you don't like a stadium, a weather warning is going to be a perfect excuse to not attend another stadium.
Yeah it was you I was talking about.

I think the fact the cyclone never fronted has blurred the situation for many. They warned people not to go, and the extimated time of arrival was 1 hour before kick off. I have almost no doubt that at the very minimum a few thousand chose to stay home.

I wouldn't be so sure you were counted. I'm not sure about their ticketing, but in Dunedin, they scanned your tickets to get crowd numbers. You wouldn't be counted until your ticket was scanned and wiped from the digital list. Members may get counted (if they only have to show their memberships for entry, but if they also have to be scanned then they will have to attend to be counted). They may not offcially list the true crowd numbers, but I am sure for safety, they must know exactly how many people are inside their grounds.
Is that so they can get an accurate count on suicides at games end and the ratio of deaths to just depressed?

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
in the past for attendance at Mt Smart they have always given the figure for the total number of seats allocated on the day. That includes members and freebees as well as those walk up people. They did this to push the numbers as high as possible to look as good as possible. It matters not if you are actually using the seat or not, if a seat is sold or allocated it counts in the official match day figures.

Reading the Chris Rattue article in todays Herald I have to wonder if he gets his stories from this forum?

If Konrad Hurrell is the Warriors' saviour then quick, get me out of here.

Hurrell is a human bulldozer, especially when there is a table of food about. He represents what is wrong with the Warriors - a player of immense strength and potential who won't give everything for the cause.

Just like halfback Shaun Johnson, Hurrell could be a superstar who brings a title to Mt Smart Stadium. Or is that Eden Park? Just like Johnson, he won't. They don't have enough heart and desperation for the league trenches.

Hurrell is off the reserve grade naughty chair and in the first grade travelling squad for Saturday night's clash against the Cowboys in Townsville, having turned up to work this year 10kg overweight. That's an incredible effort - maybe he was mainlining doughnuts.

It's a long flight to Townsville, a journey full of snacks. It's hot in Townsville. This is not a good recipe for Hurrell's return.
If he does play, Hurrell will power over for a try with a pack of Cowboys on his back and sweat pouring down his brow. He'll make a few tackles then plant hands on knees. Then he'll turn to stone as Johnathan Thurston aims fit and fast runners his way.

Johnson, who plays in a central control position, is an even bigger problem who is turning into a club killer. He got too many accolades too soon. He is too talented to drop, not strong enough to lead. People will still be talking about Johnson's potential when he is 28.
From now on, the Warriors must look beyond the obvious no matter how tempting the goodies appear to be. If a player has extreme skills, he needs a fierce determination as well. Okay, this is only one angle in a sea of theories about this dud of a club, one which was originally touted as the next Brisbane-style force. For years, there have been calls for more tough Australians in the mix.

For years it's been a matter of honour to resist and point out the pea-hearted Aussies who've added to the woes. A lot of us would love to hear a few louder ticks from Feleti Mateo's direction.

But the majority of the Warriors' tough footballers with a nous for the game, who have set the tone, have been Australians or New Zealanders who learned their trade across the ditch. Price, Campion, Luck, Wiki ... the search must go on.

There is a fatal flaw in our home-based development system. The players aren't forged in a furnace, like the young Aussies are. Unfortunately, stout Simon Mannering-types are exceptions to the rule.

The Warriors might go the whole hog, and be an Aussie franchise abroad with strong Auckland benefits. They need to find the next Paul Gallen, and they ain't going to find him here.

Maybe frustration is taking over, leading to cliches. These are the words I never wanted to write - the Warriors need more tough Aussies.
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=11222636

Thats a great article. The more of these type of articles the better. We need Johnson in particular to hear this type of opinion. We have spent too long reassuring him he is the best. Its time he pulled his weight.