General Warriors Preseason 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

bangbros18

1st Grade Fringe
May 20, 2019
What I've taken out of these pre season videos, especially the 4th one! Was that the warriors have to do the drill again because they didn't get it the first time! Same shit different day!!! We are fucked next season, just forget about it! Kearney will get the boot and we will be in a rebuild with nathan brown 🙄

• Sad
Reactions: OMG and Defence

WellingtonOrca

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 14, 2012
I think some of them are stretching but they are not running or trying to run. They look like they are waiting for a whistle to blow to start running.
Yeah there was video of this in the last All-In. They sent them up the hill in 2 waves. I think the PR people saw the reaction to the 'Tino photos last year on the dune climb and are straight trolling us this year.

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
I guess they could do with a helping hand. They might find some recruits there.

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015

No soft options: Warriors boss wants club to inspire a nation
Warriors CEO Cameron George has outlined the club's vision to "make every Kiwi proud" and declared that he won't be waiting for another end-of-season review to fix any problems preventing the fulfilment of that goal.

George, who recently visited the Brooklyn Nets with new Warriors owner Mark Robinson, said he had been "unshackled" to pursue the club's lofty ambition and told a meeting of players and staff: "Let's prove people wrong".

After ending a seven-year finals drought in 2018, the Warriors endured a disappointing 2019 season to finish 13th and George said everyone in the organisation needed to work harder to ensure the improvement that is expected of the club.

"We are taking a leap of faith in having players or staff members signed here at the club and the return for that commitment from us is that we expect you to do your best," George said. "We will do that so much better when we are shoulder to shoulder and working hard as a group.

"That's a message our staff and players need to understand; if you wear our club colours you are here to do a job for our fans and we are going to do it far better by aiming up and being tough about the challenges ahead – and not trying to take any soft options."

George addressed the club's players and staff at the start of pre-season training two weeks ago and his expletive-laden speech attracted headlines after being filmed as part of a series the Warriors have been producing for their website, titled "All In".

In an interview with NRL.com, George said he had not intended to swear but his passion for the club took over.

"When your backs are to the wall and people are taking the piss out of you it is tough to take," George said. "I was trying to get these guys to understand that there are a lot of people against us but as a club we can do it together if we work hard and put it all aside and put our fans first."

"We all have seen the daylight"

Describing this year's end-of-season review as "a mess", George said he didn't want to go through the same process in 2020 and called for better communication across the club.

"I'm really clear on not having reviews at the end of the year that are highlighting problems," George said. "I want the club as a whole to be loud on fixing things when they arise rather than sitting on it. Don't wait until you get asked about it in a survey or a one-on-one interview at the end of the year. Speak up and let's fix it."

George replaced Jim Doyle as Warriors CEO two years ago and he said his first end-of-season review was easy after the club made the playoffs for the first time since 2012.

"In my second season we didn't make the finals and the review was a mess," he said. "What I was critical of was why did we wait for that review. There was no need to wait for that review to understand that we could have done things better throughout the year.

"We have got a great opportunity with the new owner, who has heavily invested both commercially and emotionally in the business and we all have seen the daylight with that opportunity so we want to grab it and do well."
"Inspire a nation"

Asked what Robinson and chairman Rob Croot bring to the Warriors as owners, George said: "Commitment, loyalty, efficient thinking and action, and passion".

"They are two of the most genuine guys who just want to inspire a nation through their role here at the Warriors," George said.

"They want every Kiwi to be proud of our club and everything I see them do is in the best interests of the club that will ultimately be in the best interests of all fans in New Zealand and offshore.

"We have fantastic people here who can do it and there is no-one better than Rob and Mark as our owners to lead us down that pathway.

"They have unshackled me with a licence to go after it and drive it home so all our fans can be inspired – kids and adults – not only in New Zealand but all our followers in Australia."

:wtf: :wtf: :wtf:

If Boy George could perform as well as he talks total bullshit we would be a Premiership club. I thought God Doyle talked things up but this guy is in another league.

Management 101. Set big goal; break it down into smaller goals, work out how to achieve the smaller goals and get the club personnel well and truly aware of their part to play and shut the fuck up in the meantime, just like other NRL CEOs do.
This guy is a patented Neville.

Akkerz

1st Grade Fringe
Contributor
Jun 22, 2012
The edge of insanity
For Pete's sake Cameron as the good folk above have said just do your job. It's too late for damage control. If you put as much energy into running this club instead of running your mouth we might just make a bit of progress. We support the Warriors, we love being in the NRL but we demand better from you the CEO. You improve your efforts & the rest of your employees will likely follow that lead. Those that aren't ALL IN are OUT. Easy really.

Pozza

1st Grade Fringe
May 19, 2012

Warriors CEO Cameron George has outlined the club's vision to "make every Kiwi proud" and declared that he won't be waiting for another end-of-season review to fix any problems preventing the fulfilment of that goal.

George, who recently visited the Brooklyn Nets with new Warriors owner Mark Robinson, said he had been "unshackled" to pursue the club's lofty ambition and told a meeting of players and staff: "Let's prove people wrong".

After ending a seven-year finals drought in 2018, the Warriors endured a disappointing 2019 season to finish 13th and George said everyone in the organisation needed to work harder to ensure the improvement that is expected of the club.

"We are taking a leap of faith in having players or staff members signed here at the club and the return for that commitment from us is that we expect you to do your best," George said. "We will do that so much better when we are shoulder to shoulder and working hard as a group.

"That's a message our staff and players need to understand; if you wear our club colours you are here to do a job for our fans and we are going to do it far better by aiming up and being tough about the challenges ahead – and not trying to take any soft options."

George addressed the club's players and staff at the start of pre-season training two weeks ago and his expletive-laden speech attracted headlines after being filmed as part of a series the Warriors have been producing for their website, titled "All In".

In an interview with NRL.com, George said he had not intended to swear but his passion for the club took over.

"When your backs are to the wall and people are taking the piss out of you it is tough to take," George said. "I was trying to get these guys to understand that there are a lot of people against us but as a club we can do it together if we work hard and put it all aside and put our fans first."

Describing this year's end-of-season review as "a mess", George said he didn't want to go through the same process in 2020 and called for better communication across the club.

"I'm really clear on not having reviews at the end of the year that are highlighting problems," George said. "I want the club as a whole to be loud on fixing things when they arise rather than sitting on it. Don't wait until you get asked about it in a survey or a one-on-one interview at the end of the year. Speak up and let's fix it."

George replaced Jim Doyle as Warriors CEO two years ago and he said his first end-of-season review was easy after the club made the playoffs for the first time since 2012.

"In my second season we didn't make the finals and the review was a mess," he said. "What I was critical of was why did we wait for that review. There was no need to wait for that review to understand that we could have done things better throughout the year.

"We have got a great opportunity with the new owner, who has heavily invested both commercially and emotionally in the business and we all have seen the daylight with that opportunity so we want to grab it and do well."
"Inspire a nation"

Asked what Robinson and chairman Rob Croot bring to the Warriors as owners, George said: "Commitment, loyalty, efficient thinking and action, and passion".

"They are two of the most genuine guys who just want to inspire a nation through their role here at the Warriors," George said.

"They want every Kiwi to be proud of our club and everything I see them do is in the best interests of the club that will ultimately be in the best interests of all fans in New Zealand and offshore.

"We have fantastic people here who can do it and there is no-one better than Rob and Mark as our owners to lead us down that pathway.

"They have unshackled me with a licence to go after it and drive it home so all our fans can be inspired – kids and adults – not only in New Zealand but all our followers in Australia."

If Boy George could perform as well as he talks total bullshit we would be a Premiership club. I thought God Doyle talked things up but this guy is in another league.

Management 101. Set big goal; break it down into smaller goals, work out how to achieve the smaller goals and get the club personnel well and truly aware of their part to play and shut the fuck up in the meantime, just like other NRL CEOs do.
channelling my best Churchill " we will fight them on the beaches, we will never surrender"

• Haha
Reactions: bruce and DallyM

Worried2Death

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 6, 2016
"We have seen the daylight"... it's like Revelations now, we're not really in a cult ...are we?

I hope it works, I quite like the way Cameron's talking tbh with the no more bullshit speeches. Maybe it will inspire the boys, nothing else has worked. I'm coming around to the idea of All In, it's better than next year's our year.

wrighty

President of Anti-Jazz Movement
Contributor
Mar 17, 2018
I think he has to be in the media more because Kearney (who should be) isn’t up to it
OK. I am happy with that reason, I am president of a not for profit small club in my spare time. Me and my 2IC switch and swap as to what suits our strengths rather that what the job titles say strictly.

But wait is it even Kearney's job to be in the media this much. I don't really see other NRL coaches giving big interviews to newspapers.

Last edited:

Tragic

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 27, 2016
Kumeu
At least they are trying shit, going to the Nets, trying to find ways to recover from the travel. Doing more stuff in the community. Not sure about the Tenterfield stuff, we got enough sufffering communities in NZ they could help but hard to be critical of it.

Navigator

Christchurch Born n bred white bait fed.
Contributor
May 19, 2012
Brisbane Queensland Australia
"We have seen the daylight"... it's like Revelations now, we're not really in a cult ...are we?

I hope it works, I quite like the way Cameron's talking tbh with the no more bullshit speeches. Maybe it will inspire the boys, nothing else has worked. I'm coming around to the idea of All In, it's better than next year's our year.
I'm the same I think if we Cameron is willing to call out the players for not performing then he is doing a better job then Mr S Kearney who even tho some were well below form he kept playing them , Hell I will give Cameron the first 10 rounds and if theres no action then him and Kearney can piss off.

matiunz

All Out!
Contributor
Jul 15, 2013
Sydney

"Inspire a nation"

I don’t like the whole “everyone is against us” angle. Most want them to do well (even many Aussies) it’s just we are all sick of the talk and disappointment

tajhay

Mar 30, 2012
Sydney
At the end of the day talk is cheap. I want to see action. Underperforming players should not be given all season long to get shit right just because we won a game in march using that same team. Players not putting in at training is called out at end of season reviews? Why the fuck don't our coaches do anything to rectify thst during the season and need to wait for confidential surveys of players post season? Where is our leadership group? Does anyone open their mouth? And for the cherry on top, we get rid of the trainer.

Warriors need to stop being a joke. The us vs them mentality can only get you so far. There has to come a time when you have to open your eyes. Siege mentality can make you even more closed off from reality.

Pozza

1st Grade Fringe
May 19, 2012
At the end if the day talk is cheap. I want to see action. Underperforming players should not be given all season long to get shit right just because we won a game in march using that same team. Players not putting in at training is called out at end of season reviews? Why the fuck don't our coaches do anything to rectify thst during the season and need to wait for confidential surveys of players post season? Where is our leadership group? Does anyone open their mouth? And for the cherry on top, we get rid of the trainer.

Warriors need to stop being a joke. The us vs them mentality can only get you so far. There has to come a time when you have to open your eyes and stop thinking the turd you have on your hand is a rose. Siege mentality can make you even more closed off from reality.
siege mentality only goes so far. A little talent and effort goes a lot further

Status
Not open for further replies.

Upcoming Match

Manly Sea Eagles

Last Game

31 Jul

26 - 20
6.7 Total Avg Rating
6.8 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player