General Warriors Preseason 2020

Reaction score

AusWarriorsFan

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
i hope this is legit weekly thing. i love kind of stuff and have been crying out for it for years

The Warriors being in the spotlight, maybe not the Matty Johns show or one of the other 12 dedicated NRL shows, but yep its something. OMG I cant just pretend I train anymore, the fans pay my wage? No, that money grows on trees.

Reaction score
Damo

Damo

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
The Warriors being in the spotlight, maybe not the Matty Johns show or one of the other 12 dedicated NRL shows, but yep its something. OMG I cant just pretend I train anymore, the fans pay my wage? No, that money grows on trees.
Every post of yours is negative as hell, jeebus.

Reaction score
warriors55

warriors55

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
I didn't realize that Jerry Seu Seu was involved with the club. Cool to see.

Will be interesting to see if Twentyman has any effect on the team this season. We don't have the cattle or the coach so if we want to be competitive our fitness levels have to be the best in the comp.

Reaction score
bangbros18

bangbros18

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Classic steven kearney! You know...... we dont need to be training like grand final day! Just you know.... effort! Mate they dont know what finals football is let alone grand final day! No wonder they tune out!!!!!

Reaction score
Aman

Aman

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Classic steven kearney! You know...... we dont need to be training like grand final day! Just you know.... effort! Mate they dont know what finals football is let alone grand final day! No wonder they tune out!!!!!
Not very inspiring is he

Reaction score

AusWarriorsFan

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Every post of yours is negative as hell, jeebus.
Damo id LOVE to be positive. But other than RTS has not having left yet there isnt a LOT of cheery news? Our team has crumbled away from what many felt genuine contenders 2 years ago to major players gone or let go, 2nd hardest draw this year, a CEO who tries to run the team like its a business when the business is the club.

All I can be positive about is the new owner has said he is going to be hands on, so he will see whats up. I felt Watson left it to incompetency to just run the show and not return results. I feel our new owners will be results or out the door and it wont be the players this time.

Reaction score

AusWarriorsFan

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
I didn't realize that Jerry Seu Seu was involved with the club. Cool to see.

Will be interesting to see if Twentyman has any effect on the team this season. We don't have the cattle or the coach so if we want to be competitive our fitness levels have to be the best in the comp.
Yes that is an interesting point. And neither. I think these videos if weekly will be our only way to get a real feel for where things are going wrong or right. Lawton positive as ever.

Reaction score

Swanny

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
I think the context behind it was that he was saying that they dont have to have their skills at a high level at this point of the season, rather he just wants to see physical output. It's a pretty common theme as some coaches wont even allow a ball onto the field until after Xmas.

Reaction score
mrblonde

mrblonde

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
I think the context behind it was that he was saying that they dont have to have their skills at a high level at this point of the season, rather he just wants to see physical output. It's a pretty common theme as some coaches wont even allow a ball onto the field until after Xmas.
No point teaching them this dang fancy on 3rd tackle inside pass to the lead man than fast to the right wing than switcharoo to the left centre running right channel...etc attack plan if the team are too buggered after 5 minutes to implement it.

Reaction score
bruce

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Reaction score
a CEO who tries to run the team like its a business when the business is the club.
Has he ever actually run a business? If you count the ARC as a business it is actually a basket case. Not Boy George's fault but I don't know what other major business in NZ would give him a job.

Reaction score
tajhay

tajhay

Hands up if you are a shit coach
Reaction score
Has he ever actually run a business? If you count the ARC as a business it is actually a basket case. Not Boy George's fault but I don't know what other major business in NZ would give him a job.
It's a tough gig being a CEO. Especially when you have to rely on unqualified people to do the job they are paid to do. Even moreso when its not your call, but the shareholders who have say on "enough is enough that staff has to go".

I always separate commercial aspects of the club to the CEO and absolve them of the performances of the team. That's upto the players, coaching staff and football manager(if one exists).

That said, we made some dud moves in that space in his tenure:
- "pay us only when we win" sponsorship deal with star city
- running his mouth on football matters
- big financial loss this year and bigger loss projected next year.
- he would have endorsed the Kearney extension to the board

There aren't many things the club does well tbh.

Reaction score

Mr Brownstone

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
- "pay us only when we win" sponsorship deal with star city
Presume you mean Sky City, however is that fact? What fucking idiot would have the ignorance to come up with that sponsorship deal in the NRL! I know that at one point Sky City weren’t planning to renew sponsorship, so perhaps there wasn’t much in the way of replacements, however still no excuse.

Reaction score
bruce

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Reaction score
You cheated...you edited out the umms and ahs and you knows...none of them knew WTF he was on about...just look at their faces

Reaction score
tajhay

tajhay

Hands up if you are a shit coach
Reaction score
Presume you mean Sky City, however is that fact? What fucking idiot would have the ignorance to come up with that sponsorship deal in the NRL! I know that at one point Sky City weren’t planning to renew sponsorship, so perhaps there wasn’t much in the way of replacements, however still no excuse.
Sure was.

Reaction score
bangbros18

bangbros18

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Reaction score
mrblonde

mrblonde

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
Surely, though, as CEO while you might offer a "pay us when we win" deal to Sponser A, you're thinking "right, how much could we possibly lose here and how can we wrangle that back by upping the price on merch, cutting back on 4 Star accomodation for the Canterbury Cup team, giving Sponsor B less team access...." etc etc. It's never even a remotely altruistic thing, just - as most of these things are - for public consumption/spin: "Jeez, the Warriors' CEO's got cajones to offer that!"

Top Bottom