General Warriors Preseason 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

tajhay

Mar 30, 2012
Sydney
Perhaps they are clearing the decks if Kearney doesn’t perform next year so a whole new coaching staff can come in. I suggest they have already been in talks with someondv
If that was the case, they would have got rid of Kearney first, rather than him having a say on who gets these vacant roles, and then have to pay them out again if the 'new coach wants to bring in their own people.

Tony Martin

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 4, 2016
Sounds like they are cutting a whole lot of backroom costs after the club was dressed up to be sold. Justin Morgan is also the woman’s coach isn’t he?

• Haha
Reactions: bruce

Vedoid

Warriors Bench Player
Nov 21, 2018
Whilst I agree with you, I can understand the other side. Remember I’ve got people from inside & he isn’t as great as people make out.

the Australian and qld campaigns are irrelevant. Nothing physically will be achieved in the 4 day camps let’s be realistic. The goal is to not fuck them up for game day. A little different from a 5 month pre season. Now hear me out. You’re right. What he did with broncos and storm did work. But this was a while ago. His plan hasn’t changed, like, nothing. He doesn’t put in any work to improve it, this worked previously so this is what we’re doing - despite the latest research. Apparently one week he saw an Aussie rules drill and tried it on the group and 5 or 6 suffered a soft tissue injury. He’s not as educated, nor is he as effective as people make out. He’s all about hard work, which I love but it needs to be balanced with evidence and effective prescription.

Nah, not saying that. I’m saying that training should be somewhat enjoyable if you’re going to see any real improvement. Treating the athletes like cattle and having an army like training model doesnt work anymore.
Quite an excellent insight into what style taskmaster Corvo was - appreciate the post.

BeastMode

Warriors 1st Grader
Mar 7, 2015
there’s another saying:

“you can teach a man to fish, but you can’t teach fish to man”.

Anyway,

word on the street is:

This may just be...

...the toughest preseason ever...
Theres' another saying

"You can lead a horse to water, but you cant make the water drink ".

Anyway,

word on the street...

...turn off the lights. This club is fucked.

mrblonde

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 14, 2012
Auckland
I imagine the NRL would have a few things to say about that.

And we'd find the club's owners are fucked and the club would be propped up entirely by the NRL, if the worst case scenarios played out.

mrblonde

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 14, 2012
Auckland
Any news on Joseph Vuna? I know he saw out 2019 on a Mormon mission but there was talk at the time it was announced - last October - that he'd be back in 2020.

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
Quite an excellent insight into what style taskmaster Corvo was - appreciate the post.
Funny thing...I do recall a word from inside that Corvo cost an arm and a leg and Watson went with it...of course he would...he had the club on the market.

Reactions: Tony Martin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Upcoming Match

Manly Sea Eagles

Last Game

31 Jul

26 - 20
6.7 Total Avg Rating
6.8 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player