General Warriors Preseason 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gizzyfan

Gizzyfan

Wayne Pearce was fanatical about fitness and wouldnt use anything to lower his performance. Agree that his son should lose the booze.

Reactions: 4 users
Mr Bob

Mr Bob

Contributor
Wayne Pearce was fanatical about fitness and wouldnt use anything to lower his performance. Agree that his son should lose the booze.

Booze and poodles.

Feel sorry for his wife. What must she be thinking when they’re going at it doggy style???

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
wizards rage

wizards rage

He didn't for the simple reason those guys never watch this club, and stats can only tell you so much.

This is often bought up about Aussies never watching our games but I would assume the ‘experts’ whose job it is to follow everything would watch every game in the round... I know I would if I was in their position.

I’m genuinely curious, do they really not watch us or is it playing to their market to talk us down and run with well known stereotypes (big warrior forwards, Shaun Johnson leaving, etc)?

Reactions: 1 users
Gizzyfan

Gizzyfan

Its DNA has always been about Sydney. Vi torians talk about NSW much like we do.

Far North Forever

Pretty sure his dad is now a non drinker. Any chance he was also a menace on the piss.
Legend never drank alcohol, 1st thing in the morning he would slip out of bed do 200 press ups and situps. Players now film themselves doing 1 press up and say they did 200, or other things.

Far North Forever

Watched the Tigers game live and can tell you it does not matter who plays other half Green called all the shots, AK just got pushed out of the way until he had to link for a pass, looked comical he goes into 1st receiver then 1 of the players pushes him out the back. It could work, he also had Hiku beside him talking to him the whole time which had more to do with Hiku being on that side than Kata not passing.

bruce

bruce

Contributor
I would assume the ‘experts’ whose job it is to follow everything would watch every game in the round.
You assume wrong. This is the NRL where the chairman doesn't even know the club from Cronulla but it doesn't stop him from talking shite.
Feel sorry for his wife. What must she be thinking when they’re going at it doggy style???
How do you know they do it doggy style? :rolleyes:

gREVUS

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
You assume wrong. This is the NRL where the chairman doesn't even know the club from Cronulla but it doesn't stop him from talking shite.

How do you know they do it doggy style? :rolleyes:
i saw that bit about the chairman, I thought it was a stich up. Was that serious? a man who has been invovled in league his whole life here in aus couldnt say it was the sharks from cornulla? or were they talking a feeder club and i missed something?

Reactions: 1 user
Miket12

Miket12

Benjamin Disraeli used to say there are lies, damned lies and statistics. Which means stats can be incorrectly interpreted.

I taped NRL 360 from last night to hear why they rated the Warriors 9th and it was all around Shaun Johnson. Michael Ennis correctly quoted his try assists, especially inside Fusitua. He then went on to say the Warriors are going to have to find another Shaun Johnson to get those try assists this season or lose out. WRONG.

if Mason Lino can set Fusitua up, so can Keighran, or Harris Tevita. The reason is because that is a star studded right flank, with Roger Tuivasa-Sheck, the best fullback in the competition sniffing around the back.
I laughed at Ennis saying the Roger Tuivasa-Sheck doesn’t set up tries.... he obviously missed the cut out pass from Roger Tuivasa-Sheck which sent Fusitua over in the corner during the trial against the Tigers only a few days before.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
bruce

bruce

Contributor
i saw that bit about the chairman, I thought it was a stich up. Was that serious? a man who has been invovled in league his whole life here in aus couldnt say it was the sharks from cornulla? or were they talking a feeder club and i missed something?
It was no stitchup.

Gould asked him which club played out of the Sutherland Shire, and gave three options, all with the name Cronulla including the correct Cronulla Sharks. He said he didn't have a bloody clue. No joking, watch it for yourself.

Just as an aside apart from the massive "Cronulla hint", the Sutherland Shire is the birthplace of modern/British Australia because that is where Cook arrived. It isn't like asking him which club covers Beacon Hill.

This prick is a qualified lawyer with a MA degree as well. Mind boggling idiot.

snake77

snake77

The predictor on NRL 360 having us 9th is fair enough. We have a different draw to last year and it would take into account gains and losses of both the Warriors and the other sides.

It predicted a couple of other sides that weren't in the 8 last year to make it. Some sides will play above expectations others will slide.

Our trial form especially the Tigers game with the top side out there was pretty good. Not sure about the strength of the opposition. We could improve on last year but also we could be one injury to Blake Green away to hard times similar to the other years when Johnson was out.

Reactions: 5 users
MurrayTD

MurrayTD

So with all the media/fan speculation surrounding our prospects without Shaun Johnson (I am still firmly in the happy he is gone camp) and with most pundits giving us the spoon! it is interesting to see that we are the shortest price favourite to win for round 1.

Reactions: 8 users
Stalefish540

Stalefish540

Contributor
I laughed at Ennis saying the Roger Tuivasa-Sheck doesn’t set up tries.... he obviously missed the cut out pass from Roger Tuivasa-Sheck which sent Fusitua over in the corner during the trial against the Tigers only a few days before.
Despite Roger Tuivasa-Sheck being unreal as it is, I still believe hes a work in progress at fullback. Last year he added defence to his bag of tricks, this offseason I expect him to have worked extra hard on his link play on both sides of the field.

Can't wait to see him in action this season.

Reactions: 10 users
snake77

snake77

Despite Roger Tuivasa-Sheck being unreal as it is, I still believe hes a work in progress at fullback. Last year he added defence to his bag of tricks, this offseason I expect him to have worked extra hard on his link play on both sides of the field.

Can't wait to see him in action this season.
We also need to get to the point where is workload is balanced so he's not just a metre maker doing his kick returns and doubling up with early plays. Need to get to the point he can save himself so he's fresh when we are on attack. Don't get me wrong the amount of work he does is great we just need it to be a every now and then thing not most sets.

Reactions: 9 users
Stalefish540

Stalefish540

Contributor
We also need to get to the point where is workload is balanced so he's not just a metre maker doing his kick returns and doubling up with early plays. Need to get to the point he can save himself so he's fresh when we are on attack. Don't get me wrong the amount of work he does is great we just need it to be a every now and then thing not most sets.
100% agree it appeared last year they tried to save the forwards for defence maybe?? Either that or he just wanted to beast it. He can't be doubling up this season, if we want him fresh to be our focal point in good ball area. Forwards needs to step up, or kata/hiku take more runs.

bruce

bruce

Contributor
I think he was just being team leader and putting his hand up like Mannering used to do. They need to fix it and my guess is they brains trust have been working on it.

Reactions: 1 users
Defence

Defence

So with all the media/fan speculation surrounding our prospects without Shaun Johnson (I am still firmly in the happy he is gone camp) and with most pundits giving us the spoon! it is interesting to see that we are the shortest price favourite to win for round 1.

The bulldogs are firm favorites for the spoon $3.50.
I know it's only round one but if we can't beat them at home and at full strength that will be cause for concern.

Reactions: 13 users
snake77

snake77

The bulldogs are firm favorites for the spoon $3.50.
I know it's only round one but if we can't beat them at home and at full strength that will be cause for concern.
Looking at our draw our start to the season is a pretty good run.

Tigers round 2. It's away from home but if we want to achieve anything you need to win away from home. They managed that last year so no reason they can't in 2019. Their form in Whangarei looked like they are a while off in where their new coach would want them to be.

Manly round 3. Hard to read them as they show glimpses last season and can run up a big score at Brookvale where our record isn't the best. Again away from home.

Titans round 4: At home, I know you are expecting them to improve but this should be a win.

The opening rounds usually throw out some upsets. We do have the opportunity to hit the ground running. Our first real test might not be until round 5 against Souths.

Reactions: 5 users
Status
Not open for further replies.