General Warriors Preseason 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor
I’ve been listening to all the season preview podcasts and all the Aussie pundits are ratings us to come between 11-14th except mark Geyer who thinks we’ll get the spoon. The only one who thinks we’ll do well is Joel Caine from Sportsbet. He thinks we’ll be leading after 12 games and go on to make top 4. His reasons were quite good too. Whereas all the others think the loss of Shaun Johnson is the worse thing ever. The one I hate the most is Jamie Soward , the guys an idiot.

Yeah it’s pretty much the same script isn’t it? ‘Warriors are a basket case that was holding Shaun Johnson back and he’ll now thrive in a ‘proper system’, blah blah Warriors can’t win without Shaun Johnson blah blah inconsistent blah blah um inconsistent blah blah poor starters blah blah go well during origin blah blah fade/run out of puff at end of season, something about big Warriors forwards’
It’s almost been word for word the same with each review

Yeah it’s pretty much the same script isn’t it? ‘Warriors are a basket case that was holding Shaun Johnson back and he’ll now thrive in a ‘proper system’, blah blah Warriors can’t win without Shaun Johnson blah blah inconsistent blah blah um inconsistent blah blah poor starters blah blah go well during origin blah blah fade/run out of puff at end of season, something about big Warriors forwards’
It’s almost been word for word the same with each review
So to summarize, they've been right for a long while now..

I’ve been listening to all the season preview podcasts and all the Aussie pundits are ratings us to come between 11-14th except mark Geyer who thinks we’ll get the spoon. The only one who thinks we’ll do well is Joel Caine from Sportsbet. He thinks we’ll be leading after 12 games and go on to make top 4. His reasons were quite good too. Whereas all the others think the loss of Shaun Johnson is the worse thing ever. The one I hate the most is Jamie Soward , the guys an idiot.
Here’s the podcast:
Discussion of the Warriors starts at about 47:45.
**** “is a point-scoring machine” !!!

I wouldn't be surprised if most of the experts if asked couldn't name last years top 8. Most could name 7 of them.

Most them probably haven't looked to deep into how the club has replaced Johnson. Even freeing up $1million in cap space and not replacing him probably has eye brows raised. All that is understandable.

Last year the club recruited a lot of experienced and had a new trainer who is known for getting a team in top shape. The club probably took a lot of people by surprise.

Being written off probably suits us. The questions marks about Johnson leaving probably suits us. The club has gone about things quietly. The trials showed some good signs that they have been working hard.

So true about Soward Can’t stand the IDIOT

Plus that idiot Buzz Rothfield, who has also picked us for the spoon, just like he did last year and then later in the year he had to eat humble pie on NRL360,
looking forward to him having to do the same this year too.

bruce

Contributor
The only one who thinks we’ll do well is Joel Caine from Sportsbet. He thinks we’ll be leading after 12 games and go on to make top 4. His reasons were quite good too.
Sportsbet have us at 12th. Interesting to hear Joel Caine said that. I agree with you though, he is an interesting guy to listen to.

The way I see it, our key to success this season is the forwards. If we've gt a top 8 forward pack who can give our halves space and time then we should go well. If we get dominated then our halves will struggle under the pressure.
We looked really good in the forwards in the trials, hopefully we can continue that during the season and make the 8 comfortably

Good old Vossy, always has our back. Picked Chanel Harris-Tavita winning rookie of the year too.

Crazy some of them can make that call when we have a fairly stacked team - maybe two players in the starting side who aren’t reps.

If our Shaun Johnson replacement plays direct we are guaranteed top 8. If Chanel Harris-Tavita plays they need to beat the Shaun Johnson handbrake plays out of him.

A few points off being minor prems. 2018 Dally M and top try scorer.. okay mates... 11 to 14.

Status
Not open for further replies.