General Warriors Preseason 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Frank White

Contributor
If anyone at the Warriors has half a brain they will be raiding Alex Corvo's training templates and diligently recording every single training regime since the man got here.
He won't be here forever.

After Corvo you're looking at some nobody as a trainer most likely ready to implement their ideas from some cross fit generation bollocks.

There is a reason the army doesn't employ people in Lycra, because a million press ups hardens the mind, without the pretty muscles.

Hello Warriors, get plagiarising like an Afghan Mujahideen unit being trained by the CIA please.

For twenty years your trainers didnt know shit, so hello'o

Ummmm, doing alot more crossfit type workouts in Defence currently.
Also pushups do very little mentally due to the short time frame you can do them in.
Endurance pack marching hardens the mind and subsequently destroys your soul as it can go for hours / days...

Sorry to burst the bubble

bruce

Contributor
If anyone at the Warriors has half a brain they will be raiding Alex Corvo's training templates and diligently recording every single training regime since the man got here.
He won't be here forever.

After Corvo you're looking at some nobody as a trainer most likely ready to implement their ideas from some cross fit generation bollocks.

There is a reason the army doesn't employ people in Lycra, because a million press ups hardens the mind, without the pretty muscles.

Hello Warriors, get plagiarising like an Afghan Mujahideen unit being trained by the CIA please.

For twenty years your trainers didnt know shit, so hello'o
Isn't he in charge of diet as well? That might be a massive influence compared with that bimbo Eric Watson employed.

Shit I can’t wait for next weekend. As much as I love watching my crusaders , rugby is a hard watch at the moment. If anyone else needs a league fix I’ve been listening to the sportbet nrl podcast. Has Joel Caine , Dan ginnane on it. Joel Caine thinks the warriors will be leading after 12 games. Apparently in Aussie u can bet on that. It’s a bloody good listen

Didn't know about that podcast. I have a lot of time for Dan Ginnane

Reactions: matiunz
I caught up with Stephen Kearney at the Whangarei night markets last night, and had a good korero about the team. I thought i would share with all of you...
Firstly hes still not sure wether its going to be Keighran or Harris-Tavita for round 1, will keep a keen eye on there performances today.
Taane milne has a sore leg but has looked good, Kata has been the pick of the lot and has done a lot of work on his passing game. Beale not to far off.
Blair will start the season in the middle but Papalii will move into that role eventually, Blairy can play 80 minutes on an edge. Papalii not quite ready for 80minutes.
He is not looking to purchase a big name foward i.e NAS, Taupau, Taumalolo hoping to make one here. The likes of Paasi, Ah Mau, Lisone, Bunty have the potential to grow into top line game breaking fowards.

I korero e te reo Maori, engari kore ko Reo. Adam Blair akonga haere tonu e te reo maori.

Hes a nice guy and is happy with his squad. Top 4 this year.

Attachments

• Karsh & Stephen Kerny.jpeg
    Karsh & Stephen Kerny.jpeg
    102.6 KB · Views: 60

Beastmode

Just another day in paradise
Contributor
I caught up with Stephen Kearney at the Whangarei night markets last night, and had a good korero about the team. I thought i would share with all of you...
Firstly hes still not sure wether its going to be Keighran or Harris-Tavita for round 1, will keep a keen eye on there performances today.
Taane milne has a sore leg but has looked good, Kata has been the pick of the lot and has done a lot of work on his passing game. Beale not to far off.
Blair will start the season in the middle but Papalii will move into that role eventually, Blairy can play 80 minutes on an edge. Papalii not quite ready for 80minutes.
He is not looking to purchase a big name foward i.e NAS, Taupau, Taumalolo hoping to make one here. The likes of Paasi, Ah Mau, Lisone, Bunty have the potential to grow into top line game breaking fowards.

I korero e te reo Maori, engari kore ko Reo. Adam Blair akonga haere tonu e te reo maori.

How many “ ums” and “you know” did he give you, or does he only do that on the tele?

He’s a good bloke Stevie. I like him.

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor
Mate it’s a good listen. Focused on the betting side of league. But gives a good run down for the season

Thanks for the recommendation I’ll definitely check it out. I’ve found the other NRL ones pretty blatant in their preferences- QLD centric ones are the worst.
The ‘View from the east stand’ one is good if you want a Warriors centric one

Reactions: Hazman and RiceOwl
VODAFONE WARRIORS v WESTS TIGERS 5.00pm, Saturday, March 2, 2019 Northland Events Centre, Northland VODAFONE WARRIORS 1 ROGER TUIVASA-SHECK (c) 2 DAVID Fusitua 3 PETA HIKU 4 SOLOMONE KATA 5 KEN MAUMALO 6 ADAM KEIGHRAN 7 BLAKE GREEN 8 AGNATIUS PAASI 9 NATHANIEL ROACHE 10 LEESON AH MAU 24 ADAM BLAIR 12 TOHU HARRIS 13 Isaiah Papalii Interchange: 14 JAZZ TEVAGA 15 SAM LISONE 16 BUNTY AFOA 17 CHANEL HARRIS-TAVITA 18 GERARD BEALE 20 BLAKE AYSHFORD 21 LACHLAN BURR 22 ADAM POMPEY 25 HAYZE PERHAM 11 KARL LAWTON 26 LIGI SAO 23 LEIVAHA PULU 27 PATRICK HERBERT HEAD COACH | STEPHEN KEARNEY

VODAFONE WARRIORS v WESTS TIGERS 5.00pm, Saturday, March 2, 2019 Northland Events Centre, Northland VODAFONE WARRIORS 1 ROGER TUIVASA-SHECK (c) 2 DAVID Fusitua 3 PETA HIKU 4 SOLOMONE KATA 5 KEN MAUMALO 6 ADAM KEIGHRAN 7 BLAKE GREEN 8 AGNATIUS PAASI 9 NATHANIEL ROACHE 10 LEESON AH MAU 24 ADAM BLAIR 12 TOHU HARRIS 13 Isaiah Papalii Interchange: 14 JAZZ TEVAGA 15 SAM LISONE 16 BUNTY AFOA 17 CHANEL HARRIS-TAVITA 18 GERARD BEALE 20 BLAKE AYSHFORD 21 LACHLAN BURR 22 ADAM POMPEY 25 HAYZE PERHAM 11 KARL LAWTON 26 LIGI SAO 23 LEIVAHA PULU 27 PATRICK HERBERT HEAD COACH | STEPHEN KEARNEY
Good looking team.

Thanks for posting this Bro, I loved this update.

Some summaries from the game today.
  1. Lachlan Burr looks good big, strong, athletic playing in the middle. He was a real standout amongst the forward pack.
  2. Kearney has swapped Kata to the right edge , he's playing next to fusitua now showed a good passing game to set up Fusitua for 2 tries. Maybe him and Ken just don't get along...
  3. Hiku playing on the left looks really good, it suits his left foot step and good passing game set up Maumalo for 2 tries.
  4. Chanel Harris-Tavita has great deft touch. He outplayed Keighran for mine. However later in the second half Beale came on to centre and Hiku moved into halfback he was by far the most vocal and looks a natural half. He set up a try cor Pompay with a nice kick through the line.
  5. Roger Tuivasa-Sheck playing on both sides of the ruck looking sharp.

It was awesome error free rugby league today straight through the middle with the big boys. We rolled over the tigers. Massive advantage having Beasts for wingers taking early hit ups and gaining momentum.

Otherwise same systems as last year.

Haere Tonu Warriors Kia Kaha!

Tom Ale was obviously very impressive in his trial over the weekend. The word I’ve got on him is that while he’s not quite as big and definitely does not have the same speed/power (YET) as JT, he has great technique on go forward plays. He can offload but will be discouraged until he has more experience.

Off the field, he’s said to be an absolutely delightful responsible and well mannered young man - a uni student doing a commerce/business degree.

He’ll play right second row in ISP this season with possible odd games in NRL if he develops quickly.

He’s one of this exciting crop of young guns they’re really expecting big things from in 2020.

Tom Ale was obviously very impressive in his trial over the weekend. The word I’ve got on him is that while he’s not quite as big and definitely does not have the same speed/power (YET) as JT, he has great technique on go forward plays. He can offload but will be discouraged until he has more experience.

Off the field, he’s said to be an absolutely delightful responsible and well mannered young man - a uni student doing a commerce/business degree.

He’ll play right second row in ISP this season with possible odd games in NRL if he develops quickly.

He’s one of this exciting crop of young guns they’re really expecting big things from in 2020.

liked what i saw from him in the Melbourne trial, reminded me a bit of JT the way he moved. Quite an athlete

Reactions: Stalefish540

So he would potentially take position 30 in the squad as you can't play first grade from outside there?

Let’s just hope it’s not Daniel Anderson’s 2004 ‘bigger is better’ pre season philosophy being repeated.
We all know what happened that season. :banghead:
Yep, remember it well, although I wouldn’t put the 14th place finish down to Daniel - the beginning of the “player power” dynasty for my money, out goes our most successful coach because the club backed the senior playing group over the coach, then went one step beyond in replacing him with a muppet like Tony Kemp lol. By the end of the following season the entire senior playing group were gone, so great call there by the club. From memory we went grand final / preliminary final / 14th, and haven’t looked the same since, with a couple of rare exceptions. They were jumping out of their skin start of 2018 with Corvo and SK’s pre season, but looked physically and mentally fatigued for a large part of the second part of the season, so they may have modified the approach this year. Hard as it is to do for the full season, if they can keep the boys in shape mentally and physically they will be a handful this year

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor
Yep, remember it well, although I wouldn’t put the 14th place finish down to Daniel - the beginning of the “player power” dynasty for my money, out goes our most successful coach because the club backed the senior playing group over the coach, then went one step beyond in replacing him with a muppet like Tony Kemp lol. By the end of the following season the entire senior playing group were gone, so great call there by the club. From memory we went grand final / preliminary final / 14th, and haven’t looked the same since, with a couple of rare exceptions. They were jumping out of their skin start of 2018 with Corvo and SK’s pre season, but looked physically and mentally fatigued for a large part of the second part of the season, so they may have modified the approach this year. Hard as it is to do for the full season, if they can keep the boys in shape mentally and physically they will be a handful this year

Add in our first finals appearance in 2001 to that list, really thought at the time we were going to be entering a golden period in the club, it’s also why I am sceptical with all the false dawns

I’ve been listening to all the season preview podcasts and all the Aussie pundits are ratings us to come between 11-14th except mark Geyer who thinks we’ll get the spoon. The only one who thinks we’ll do well is Joel Caine from Sportsbet. He thinks we’ll be leading after 12 games and go on to make top 4. His reasons were quite good too. Whereas all the others think the loss of Shaun Johnson is the worse thing ever. The one I hate the most is Jamie Soward , the guys an idiot.

Status
Not open for further replies.