Bring Them Back To First Grade Next Week?

• Manu Vatuvai

Votes: 16 13.6%
  • Konrad Hurrell

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • Ben Matulino

Votes: 63 53.4%
  • Bodeen Thompson

Votes: 110 93.2%
  • Albert Vete

Votes: 44 37.3%
  • Sam Lisone

Votes: 13 11.0%

• Total voters

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
Auckland
Just thought, what if the night out was a Hurrell send off?
That has past my mind over the last few days. Either they decided to just unwind and not care about their commitments to the club or there was a reason behind it.

The guys that played against the Storm in that group were some of the worst that night. So maybe it was something similar to the poor effort against the Sharks that got Elliott sacked or to resign. They may have been hoping for the coach to be sacked after such a poor result.

There is no point holding onto a bunch of losers. They may be good players but if they aren't producing at the Warriors OR they are undermining the management, either way it is reason to move them on. Example, the Raiders with Dugan and Ferguson, those guys were their biggest stars but they pretty much said 'we are the team, we will do what the fuk we like'
Some of these guys haven't performed consistently for a long time if at all. If we have an issue with Hurrell and Vatuvei in terms of the team culture then the club needs to find a way to move them on. Matulino has often been rumoured to be upset as well.

Vatuvei sure 10 plus tries a season for 10 years is a good record but he's past his best. Like you listed with the Raiders sure they are good players but if they are having a poor influence on the culture in the club it's best to make some changes.

Vancent

😷
Contributor
Sep 10, 2012
BrisVegas
Then it was still equally fucking dumb. I'm sure the club would have allowed them to have a night out over bye weekend or arranged a dinner or some sort if they'd used their brains and asked.
No doubt, I think you're missing my point though, not a sanctioned or organised one just an impromptu 'they've given him the ass' one.

Either way - agree it's dumb, that was a given.

Fazz

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 12, 2012
Hamilton, New Zealand
No doubt, I think you're missing my point though, not a sanctioned or organised one just an impromptu 'they've given him the ass' one.

Either way - agree it's dumb, that was a given.

Oh yeah, I get you bro. Sorry man, the red mist has just fully descended on me though haha. Whenever I see the name Hurrell or Vatuvei, I get instantly annoyed.

triple-h-angry.gif

Worried2Death

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 6, 2016
you have it right on the head as far as I'm concerned. A lot of people are putting comments up about having the potential to be able to buy top line players, forgetting the fact that top players want to play for a club that has a great, (not 50/50) chance of winning the premiership. So while it's good that we may have a bit of money to buy players, we won't get the players we want. Think about it people

Don't know about that man, we're talking enough serious coin to turn a few heads if we're dumping the likes of Manu, Mutts, Hurrell, Thompson etc. Can't just tear up their contracts though so I can't see it happening anytime soon.

jonno

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 13, 2014
Have they suffered enough or is more in store for these energy drinking, rule breaking Warriors?

The Batman

1st Grade Fringe
Nov 9, 2012
Sack Hurrell & Lousi. Totally ineffective, still making errors in NSW Cup.

Vats and Lisone needs a few weeks to think about it all.

Bodene and Vete back into the team, bench...?

Reactions: matiunz

jonno

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 13, 2014
Sack Hurrell & Lousi. Totally ineffective, still making errors in NSW Cup.

Vats and Lisone needs a few weeks to think about it all.

Bodene and Vete back into the team, bench...?
I'm not sure we can sack Lousie, cause he hasn't broken the terms of his contract.

And there's no way we can trade him for what he's on here... So we're stuck with him for now.

jono_t2000

U20's Player
Apr 26, 2016
Must be more to the story for them all to be stripped from playing for their country aswell. NZRL agree with the Warriors not making them available for selection so must be something bigger then staying out late and being late for a meeting (not all of them were even late)

James W

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 11, 2013
Must have been a kick in the nuts for the 'regular' internationals when they were barred for this test.

Good stuff, I say.

There probably is more to the story, but really they shouldn't have missed a meeting, especially after that most heinous of games...

Fazz

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 12, 2012
Hamilton, New Zealand
Keep Bodene and Vete, flick the rest.

I tend to think this. I'd like to see these two come back as I don't believe they have any priors + we need them more than any of the others.

Manu Vatuvei - Minimum of a month in NSW Cup regardless of form. Needs to be made an example of + recent form warrants a demotion

Konrad Hurrell - Sack him ASAP if possible, otherwise NSW Cup until we can get rid of him. So many idiotic moments + total crap on field.

Ben Matulino - NSW Cup. Not sure on his priors, but seems to have been playing up a bit in the last 12 months.

Bodene Thompson - Eligible for a recall after the bye. Can't recall any previous incidents.

Albert Vete - Eligible for a recall after the bye. Can't recall any previous incidents.

Sam Lisone - Give him a bit of time in NSW Cup. Wasn't he acting up with 'HATERZZZ' type social media posts last year? Need to nip that in the bud.

6 Again

1st Grade Fringe
Sep 29, 2015
I miss Manus carries but that's all.That doesn't warrant his re-selection IMO. I'd seriously be looking at Ken Maumalo now. He has deficiencies on defense that he's been working on in NSW Cup but he can improve, we know Manu can't so for me that's it for him.

tajhay

Negative Nancy
Mar 30, 2012
Sydney
Bodene and Albie to come in next game for mine. Players with the least history of indiscretions should be first off the pick. Hurrell will be eligible to play again in 2021.

mrblonde

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 14, 2012
Auckland
Wonder how long it will be before Konnie's invited back on Old Boy's Day.

Or will the admin staff get this really weird, unexplainable lapse when coming up with his name: The Hs from Ha-Hn and then from Hp-Hz...

• Haha
Reactions: jonno

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings