General Warriors Pre Season Games 2009

LordGnome_old

Thank you JB, can we have this offensive memeber of the forum removed as she has caused me - and no doubt others - great offense over the years?

Jesbass_old

It seems you spoke too soon. I went away for the evening and came back to find that she's decided of her own volition to leave the forum.

garyhobson_old

It will be interesting to see what Ivan does in these trial games, what he does with the halves, back row, and bench. What youngsters he'll try out. Pretty much 1 to 5 is all locked in with Wade McKinnon, Denan Kemp, Brent Tate, Jerome Ropati, and Manu Vatuvei. Unless he goes with Lance at fullback instead of Wade. Theres a few guys who are still eligble for the nyc might get a run in these trials and prove that they are ready for some games in the top team such as Elijah Taylor, Lesson AhMau and Russel Packer.

kane_old

Would have been nice if the warriors played a game in the south island sometime. I would be there with bells on.

playdaball_old

How so, pdb? At training, do you mean? Obviously he can't be struggling for them in matches...yet...and they've only been in training for a fortnight so far.

McRae obviously rates him, having coached him at Souths and then luring him across to Salford.

A little premature. I'm just looking into the crystal ball. In saying that he had a good season at Souths about 2 years ago.

kiwiin sydney_old

I will be at the Warriors vs Storm trial in Hamilton on Feb 12th. I can't wait, I'll be at Stacey's first game back and the first time the new strip will be worn in anger.

I'm staying in Tokoroa that week so I'll be taking the rental car up. Who else is gonna be there?

we will be there, going back to nz for our first time in 2.5 years, booked my tickets for the game , can't wait on both accounts

Jesbass_old

Wow. That's expensive, but it should still get a good turnout. I guess there's the accommodation for two teams, but I still wouldn't have expected that sort of cost.

2big2strong_old

Wow. That's expensive, but it should still get a good turnout. I guess there's the accommodation for two teams, but I still wouldn't have expected that sort of cost.

There should be quite a good 'under card' as well?

Are the Vulcans and 20's playing on the same night?

Just to see Stacey Jones in a Warriors jersey again is worth the price of admission alone.

kiwiin sydney_old

Just to see Stacey Jones in a Warriors jersey again is worth the price of admission alone.

NRL 2009 - Vodafone Warriors Vs. Melbourne Storm
Date Thursday, 12 February 2009

VODAFONE WARRIORS
VS
MELBOURNE STORM
WAIKATO STADIUM, THURSDAY FEBRUARY 12th 2009

Gates Open: 5pm
Curtain Raiser: 5.30 pm Vodafone Junior Warriors v Waikato Selection
NRL match 7.30 pm Vodafone Warriors v Melbourne Storm

Jesbass_old

I'm pretty annoyed - that 'Waikato Selection' was supposed to be a 'Wai-Coa Bay Selection', as per Tony Iro's wishes. But no, that got sideswiped yet again, and Waikato have ditched the other two to favour their own. Just another lost opportunity for Coastline and Bay players to get more exposure. Although I understand that there may be a couple of Bay/Coastline players joining that team.

Viking_old

Pretty sure the Vulcans are having a run against one of the Warriors sides and its most likely the 20s. I heard it was in Feb so it could be the curtain raiser for another trial game although this year the 20s played the opposing teams 20s (Knights) on the trial game at the North Harbour Stadium and I'd be suprised if they didn't do the same again next year.

The Vulcans vs 20s game earlier this year was the main event for a Auckland league open day on Mt Smart no.2 which the ARL used to sign up any young kids not already playing the game and was a great success. The Vulcans were a scratch team of local Fox and Bartercard players ie. no fringe Warriors, who made a go of it but were eventually beaten by 20 - 30 points I think. A full strength Vulcans side would've been a different story though.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jesbass_old

I have a relation coming over from Aussie in Feb 09 & she'd love to see the Warriors live. Does anybody know when they are playing in NZ? Alternatively is another Open Day planned?

Thanks

Hey pdb, I may be slow on the uptake, (I usually am!), but I see in another thread that the Warriors are playing a home trial match against the Cowboys in February.

22nd February vs Cowboys, North Harbour Stadium

Hopefully your relation is able to make it. :thumb: