Rumour Warriors Player Movements, Re-signings, and Rumour Mill: 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Come on Nig

The reason they didn't play round one is neither player was fit for eighty minutes of NRL....that's well publicized.....neither player was fit to play in the NRL.
What was well publicised was that Konrad was dropped because of his weight, Ngani was mentioned as an also-ran, just as Mateo was. I don't recall anything saying Ngani missed round 1 due to his weight.

• Haha
Reactions: Sup42
Matai will not save us
and our structures are different to those of manly
he is a different player for the kiwis and a different player for manly
have faith in our nuggets

Hurrell is a tank , Laumape still playing safe footy . good on him
I think 'save us' is ott. We don't need saving. But Matai will really make sure Hurrell muscles up in D. He's the perfect mentor. Born in the hood but scraped for everything he has gotten.

Reactions: Harlz
What was well publicised was that Konrad was dropped because of his weight, Ngani was mentioned as an also-ran, just as Mateo was. I don't recall anything saying Ngani missed round 1 due to his weight.
Get over it. The past is the past. We're changing our mindset and moving forward. Only thing that matters is making finals and going for gf.

If we do that, nobody will give a fuck about weight problems.

George Rose is a lump with a grand final ring. Suck on that!!

Reactions: 2 people
Get over it. The past is the past. We're changing our mindset and moving forward. Only thing that matters is making finals and going for gf.

If we do that, nobody will give a fuck about weight problems.

George Rose is a lump with a grand final ring. Suck on that!!
I'm not sure how you read that I am upset about their weight gain.

Sup was rubbishing their mentality due to weight gain and branding them both mentaly weak and a liability. I was pointing out that he is being unfair on Ngani, at the very least, in lumping him in with all of his Konrad hate. Konrad has many issues to fix, not just weight gain.

Really?

OK, but I only recall it being mentioned he had also returned to training overweight and needed to sort that before being considered. He was only selected due to later injury of club mates. That, to me in no way says he missed round 1 due to weight. It would be weight AND selection of preferred options that cost him a spot.

Not quite the same as Konrad.

Really?

OK, but I only recall it being mentioned he had also returned to training overweight and needed to sort that before being considered. He was only selected due to later injury of club mates. That, to me in no way says he missed round 1 due to weight. It would be weight AND selection of preferred options that cost him a spot.

I recall it was from his own twitter or something of the like that he himself stated that he wasn't being considered/was being punished for spending his off season on the piss and coming back overweight.

Not even being considered is the same thing. If he wasn't overweight on return he may have been considered an option and come out as first choice.

Reactions: Sup42
Hurrell proved his worth when he bumped off Walker last weekend
Walker played on another level
and Hurrell brought him back down to earth

IMO we are in a good place right now on the ladder

Really?

One of Ngani's mates asked him on twitter why he wasn't playing and he replied something along the lines of "too many big nights drinking and eating too much".

Hurrell proved his worth when he bumped off Walker last weekend
Walker played on another level
and Hurrell brought him back down to earth

IMO we are in a good place right now on the ladder
This is true bro but Walker did have a minor ailment to contend with (busted hand) so was never going to grab Konny from behind which is what he would of normally tried to achieve, was good to see Konny run over him though so late in the game.

Reactions: mcdenda
Announcement:

In order to keep things more clear and concise, we have decided to move to a single discussion thread for all Warriors Recruitment News, Rumours, Re-signings... Here:
https://www.nzwarriors.com/threads/warriors-recruitment-discussion-and-rumour-mill-2014.37344/

There is a second thread which is purely for the current Roster and Warriors Player Recruitment News. This will not be open for reply, but moderators will keep it up to date so people can quickly access the information they seek... Here:
https://www.nzwarriors.com/threads/warriors-player-roster-and-recruitment-news-2014.37345/

Cheers, and keep up the good work!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.