Rumour Warriors Player Movements, Re-signings, and Rumour Mill: 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the Raiders want Tuimavave we should release him early but instead of doing the he cannot play against us this year. It should be he has to play against this year and needs to be played in the centres with Bill Tupou for the entire 80 minutes.

No way that would happen but it would help with our crap record in Canberra.

Asyhford we always seem to be linked to. He must have fallen out of favour pretty badly with the Sharks as he only signed there this year didn't they?

If the Raiders want Tuimavave we should release him early but instead of doing the he cannot play against us this year. It should be he has to play against this year and needs to be played in the centres with Bill Tupou for the entire 80 minutes.

No way that would happen but it would help with our crap record in Canberra.

Asyhford we always seem to be linked to. He must have fallen out of favour pretty badly with the Sharks as he only signed there this year didn't they?
Ten game played I read.

just reading daily telegraph newspaper,
pg 109...in the shoosh section...Sam Tompkins is apparently not happy about his move to Auckland!!!

I don't know how credible it is, but if that is the case, you got to be kidding me right!! After everything we going through with Locke, id be pretty annoyed if he was even thinking about going back home

Far Away Fan

pg 109...in the shoosh section...Sam Tompkins is apparently not happy about his move to Auckland!!!

[Up North dashes off to find the undeniably despicable rag known as the Daily Telegraph...]

No it doesn't. To quote the piece "...is not entirely happy with his move to Auckland."

This *could* be a media beat up. It's a Sydney paper, remember. They're not fans of ours, don't have a problem about knocking NZ when they have the opportunity and are notorious for being economical with the truth. They're a pop newspaper. How much reliance can you place on them?

So, let's say, someone asks him: "are you happy with everything in Auckland?"
He replies: "well basically yes, there are a few things I'd prefer to be done differently, but otherwise yes it's good."

Those words, in the hands of an unscrupulous reporter, become "not entirely happy" which is then misquoted to be "not happy".

I know what I've suggested is all supposition. But the piece, which is only postage stamped size, says "not entirely happy." It does not say he is unhappy. If Sam had said that, no reporter would have held back, it would get a major splash. Therefore, he cannot be saying that he is not happy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: way2sharp
hmm… wonder if it relates more to unhappiness regarding his performances to date if anything? I'd say he has some pretty high standards for himself and the basic errors must be frustrating at the least right?

Danpatmac

i reckon Carlos is a great low-price replacement for Milford at Canberra. I actually think that's a great move for him.

Reactions: Defence

I don't know how credible it is, but if that is the case, you got to be kidding me right!! After everything we going through with Locke, id be pretty annoyed if he was even thinking about going back home

Spoke to him down foxes ale house a couple of hour back.
He said he's enjoying Auckland, I did ask. But I guess he's not going to tell some random in a bar he's hating the place and wants to go home.
However he is going home for a holiday at the end of the season. Living the endless winter must appeal to him I guess.

Yeah with Hurrell in line (hopefully), I'm pretty happy with what we have currently. Ngani has been fantastic, Kata is one coming through, add to that Allwood for next season, we have some top potential there which would be cock blocked by Matai for 3-4 years. Bye bye Dane also I guess.

I think our money could be better spent elsewhere is what I'm saying (go for a BIG gun hooker for 2016 please).
Don't be fooled by a couple of games. People talking about Hurrell and Laumape like they already Meninga and Daley. They've got a couple of yrs to go to be that good.

Matai now would be perfect to blood in Laumape.

Laumape and Hurrell might not even be fit round one 2015.

They're not NRL class players yet.

NRL players show up to round one fit to play , anyone short of that is a pretender.

Harsh.

But is there any other way to measure an NRL player ?

NRL player means ready to play in the NRL ?

Last edited:
Reactions: Akkerz
Critising Hurrell and his off season is one thing. But statistically not only is he the best centre in the COMP. But he is one of the best players statistically overall. I believe the rankings had him as the 5th best player in the comp. Matai isn't even in the top 20. Let alone top 5. I said it before and i'll say it again i PRAY we don't get Matai. As not only do i rate Hurrell but Laumape is a very nice complete overall sort of centre. Who will become a great centre in his own right no doubt. Matai will get progressively worse. Hurrell and Laumape will only get better and better. Dean Bell worries me at times. Hoffman will be good but those older signings in positions of depth worry me. And i suspect Bell just wants to get his name in lights for a big name rather than prioritising what the team actual need and want. Such as a quality hooker and especially a prop forward.

I'll wait till 2015 round one before I take the Hurrell / Laumape combo seriously.

If you add the half games and no games Hurrell has racked up in the past two seasons alone , he would have had approaching a couple of hundred grand in free ride courtesy of the Warriors ( calculate x 6 rounds x 2 years + extra training hours and you're talking close to half a season of paying for an eighty minute position while receiving handfuls or no minutes....then there is the incalculable loss of points lost.....combinations underdeveloped ).

I know most fans think Hurrells genius makes up for it.

I see it the opposite way. The more Hurrell has proved indispensable to his teams chances, the bigger dickhead it makes him.

I'll wait till 2015 round one before I take the Hurrell / Laumape combo seriously.

If you add the half games and no games Hurrell has racked up in the past two seasons alone , he would have had approaching a couple of hundred grand in free ride courtesy of the Warriors ( calculate x 6 rounds x 2 years + extra training hours and you're talking close to half a season of paying for an eighty minute position while receiving handfuls or no minutes....then there is the incalculable loss of points lost.....combinations underdeveloped ).

I know most fans think Hurrells genius makes up for it.

I see it the opposite way. The more Hurrell has proved indispensable to his teams chances, the bigger dickhead it makes him.

Being harsh bro. He's a naturally big boned guy who is raw and fresh and that is just part of his make up. But since his debut he has only ever been getting better and better and this season with EARLY ball he has proved literally unstoppable. If our halves wake up and smell the coffee and give this superstar the early ball he needs he'll become trully elite. Not that he isn't elite already but could become even better if that's believable! Yes he couldn't finish a game in his first couple of seasons. Yes he's mised a few, a couple of games due to the fitness but this season when he came back he's literally been getting better every game. Seems to be going up a level every couple of weeks. Make no mistake he will become our most valued player. Shaun and Sam have magic but Hurrell has magic AND power! He's the Greg Inglis of centre's and look what Konnie did to Inglis! Put him on his arse where he belongs and Konnie trampled to the try line where HE belongs! This talk of Matai sickens me when we have two such terribly talnted centres. And when Konnie brings his defence to his attacking level. Which he already is improving out of sight. He will officially become the comp's best centre. END OF.

Being harsh bro. He's a naturally big boned guy who is raw and fresh and that is just part of his make up. But since his debut he has only ever been getting better and better and this season with EARLY ball he has proved literally unstoppable. If our halves wake up and smell the coffee and give this superstar the early ball he needs he'll become trully elite. Not that he isn't elite already but could become even better if that's believable! Yes he couldn't finish a game in his first couple of seasons. Yes he's mised a few, a couple of games due to the fitness but this season when he came back he's literally been getting better every game. Seems to be going up a level every couple of weeks. Make no mistake he will become our most valued player. Shaun and Sam have magic but Hurrell has magic AND power! He's the Greg Inglis of centre's and look what Konnie did to Inglis! Put him on his arse where he belongs and Konnie trampled to the try line where HE belongs! This talk of Matai sickens me when we have two such terribly talnted centres. And when Konnie brings his defence to his attacking level. Which he already is improving out of sight. He will officially become the comp's best centre. END OF.
You're right I'm sure.

I so want Hurrell to be there in the head come round one next year. Arrested development comes to mind.

I hope it comes to pass.

Reactions: Sebastian
With Kata on the wing our centre options for the NSWarriors appear to be Neilsen, Tuimavavae, Peyroux. Considering that, plus the fact at least 2 of those 3 will be gone next season, a Ayshford/Allwood centre combo as backup isn't going to cause me to complain.

It would for me. Blake Ayshford is the worst defensive centre in the comp IMO. He was talked up years ago as being a strong player, lots of metres, great defence. He is miserable on defence. Some of his jersey grabs would put Grant Rovelli to shame. I'd rather bring back Kane Ferris and Paul Atkins than sign Blake Ayshford. Infact, I'd rather we signed Burgii's mum.

Laumape and Hurrell might not even be fit round one 2015.

They're not NRL class players yet.

NRL players show up to round one fit to play , anyone short of that is a pretender.

Harsh.

But is there any other way to measure an NRL player ?

NRL player means ready to play in the NRL ?

Wow. You serious? Konrad Hurrell isn't an NRL class player? I was out with a bunch of lads last night and they all said to a man if there was one Warrior they'd want it'd be Konrad Hurrell.

THey've both done the crime and now done the time, lets see if they learn from that episode. I dare say they will.

Status
Not open for further replies.