Rumour Warriors Player Movements, Re-signings, and Rumour Mill: 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
1) In a team lacking leadership and experience we get rid of Lowrie. Granted I'm not a massive fan, but his presence off the field would be valuable (and maybe that is the problem, Elliott doesn't see him as a starter)
Im thinking it might have more to do with Lowrie wanting out and not the club getting rid of him. Only a theory but as I said, I think he's a professional and maybe doesnt like something about the club. I'll probe more when I get in someones ear.

4) Curious about what sort of unhappiness we're talking about. Either a general "Don't like change" unhappiness, or a "this club is screwed" unhappiness.
All of the above from what Im hearing. Most centre around the new direction Elliott is taking the club and Elliott himself. You can start with the dropping of Ackland who was a hugely popular bloke amongst the lads...

I posted it to the Mole when I heard it - about 20 Broncos fans messaged saying the Broncos would be idiots to sign him.
3 year deal is what I have heard.

https://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/b...penrith-panthers/story-fndv2w3r-1226734941601

Parker has strongly denied leaving the Broncos, so I doubt Lowrie is headed there.

Unfortunate to hear of Lowrie's apparent departure, as he seems like a good guy and I rate his attitude and intelligence. After losing Packer and probably now Lowrie I'm strongly suspecting we are planning a play for a big name forward. Otherwise it would seem ridiculous to erode our forward experience to such a level.

mt.wellington mt.wellington any word from the boys regarding possible targets, or if we are even planning to sign someone?

I can confirm earlier in the season Elliot stated we would be using "every dollar" in the salary cap to create the strongest squad possible for 2014. Releasing experienced players and simply using their money to upgrade somewhat unproven youngsters would not seem to fit in with this strategy.

Also, let's keep all discussion on possible line-ups out of here please.

I've 'heard' that money is been kept back in case a few sharks players become available with Fifita, not Carney, being the player highest up the list. Gallen is seen as having too much baggage.

I certainly hope we have other targets in mind should things not pan out. As much as I'd love to get Fifita, actually releasing players we have now in the hopes that something might happen is definitely not the way you want to go about business. Getting Fifita would be so incredibly hard, not to mention the myriad of things that would need to fall into place for us to even get a shot.

I've 'heard' that money is been kept back in case a few sharks players become available with Fifita, not Carney, being the player highest up the list. Gallen is seen as having too much baggage.
What is prompting the thinking behind the sharks letting some players go? Is it so they can afford the fines or are some thinking the club may collapse?
It seems risky to be cutting players in the hope that someone comes available

I certainly hope we have other targets in mind should things not pan out. As much as I'd love to get Fifita, actually releasing players we have now in the hopes that something might happen is definitely not the way you want to go about business. Getting Fifita would be so incredibly hard, not to mention the myriad of things that would need to fall into place for us to even get a shot.

Yeah but ....you could easily bring forward or upgrade Matulino and Johnson's deals.
As well as upgrade some juniors.

Losing Packer and potentially Lowrie.....doesnt weaken the squad too much imo.
Lowrie is the season professional etc but didnt quite fit in the rotation for him to be effective

I'd love to know why as well bro.

From my point of view I'd love to know what Elliot thought / does this mean he has someone lined up ?......If Todd were going for personal reasons you would have heard about it from the club straight off .........considering the shake up / the instability.....if it were for personal reasons the Warriors woul take the high ground so they don't wounded in some way / Elliot would also run the risk of over reacting to his first season.

I suspect that Todd is going because someone else is coming in.

" Sam Tomkins won't be the highest pai player in 2014 "

Yeah but the reality is that the Warriors can say anything ...until any prospective club has signed and sealed the player.
Its usually the new club they have to wait for.

For a player like Lowrie - seems like a good guy etc...you wouldnt want to announce he iis leaving.
It sounds like you have pushed them out.

However clearly the club wanted to make a statement with Packer and Taukieaho by not mentioning where they are going.
Hence both were obviously pushed out - for whatever reason.

Which concludes my believe ...that their were more personal issues to it.
Like his Misses is having a baby etc the maloney reason lol

Reactions: Sup42

tajhay

🏉
IF Lowrie does indeed leave, that leaves us with a considerable chunk of money to throw up at players. Todd Lowrie, Russell Packer, Sio Siua Taukeiaho would have been on say a conservative estimate of 500k combined. Thats a fair chunk of money to have ready at your disposal to throw around.

#excitingtimes

No doubt Lowrie was a nice guy, but there's only room for one TL at the Warriors.

What I find very interesting recently is that a lot of rumors when it comes to the Warriors have been bang on. Makes you wonder what rumor will pop up next... ;]

I think it is the world we live in.
Especially with Twitter - half the time they announce there before officially
Didnt somebody say he was selling stuff or something.

I think most of the time it is the players if not their agents.

Jordan G

Question is - who's next?

It's a Warriors fire sale.

We better be gaining something from all of this (more the Packer and suggested Locke release. Lowrie should be with family if there's a serious issue). Hate the idea of releasing players when we're not going to get anything out of it except less depth.

Navigator

Christchurch Born n bred white bait fed.
Contributor
I agree that Lowrie ask for a release, rather then being pushed and I wish him the best of luck in the coming years, but I also think there is some thing big on the horizon as a new member of the warriors, for me I would like to see a forward pack that can go forward against any team and can hit an attacker back in to next week (legally).... Bring back the big hit's.[DOUBLEPOST=1381388550][/DOUBLEPOST]just found this on the Nrl Lurker..:
Q: (@f_staltari) Any news on who the Rabbitohs maybe signing??
The Lurker: No big names left out there apart from Blake Ferguson, who they are keen on... strong rumour they will sign a Warrior... maybe Glen Fisiiahi.[DOUBLEPOST=1381388617][/DOUBLEPOST]Q: (@ZacHancock27) Sharkies and anything with Kevin Locke or Ferguson progress? #asklurk
The Lurker: Both players in hot demand. I think Locke could end up at Bulldogs, Ferguson at Sharks. But no guarantees.
Q: (@DexterManning1) I hear a couple of highly rated nz u20s players in negotiations with sths?
The Lurker: Warriors can't keep all their good kids so could happen... will chase for you...[DOUBLEPOST=1381388683][/DOUBLEPOST]Q: (@Bunny_Lynch) Matty Elliott saying Warriors not done with recruitment, what's the latest? Any names being mentioned?
The Lurker: No big names, just on the lookout for back-up players[DOUBLEPOST=1381388720][/DOUBLEPOST]https://www.sportal.com.au/league/news/ask-the-lurkerthursday-253969

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
I agree that Lowrie ask for a release, rather then being pushed and I wish him the best of luck in the coming years, but I also think there is some thing big on the horizon as a new member of the warriors, for me I would like to see a forward pack that can go forward against any team and can hit an attacker back in to next week (legally).... Bring back the big hit's.[DOUBLEPOST=1381388550][/DOUBLEPOST]just found this on the Nrl Lurker..:
Q: (@f_staltari) Any news on who the Rabbitohs maybe signing??
The Lurker: No big names left out there apart from Blake Ferguson, who they are keen on... strong rumour they will sign a Warrior... maybe Glen Fisiiahi.[DOUBLEPOST=1381388617][/DOUBLEPOST]Q: (@ZacHancock27) Sharkies and anything with Kevin Locke or Ferguson progress? #asklurk
The Lurker: Both players in hot demand. I think Locke could end up at Bulldogs, Ferguson at Sharks. But no guarantees.
Q: (@DexterManning1) I hear a couple of highly rated nz u20s players in negotiations with sths?
The Lurker: Warriors can't keep all their good kids so could happen... will chase for you...[DOUBLEPOST=1381388683][/DOUBLEPOST]Q: (@Bunny_Lynch) Matty Elliott saying Warriors not done with recruitment, what's the latest? Any names being mentioned?
The Lurker: No big names, just on the lookout for back-up players[DOUBLEPOST=1381388720][/DOUBLEPOST]https://www.sportal.com.au/league/news/ask-the-lurkerthursday-253969
The Lurker is exactly that. A lurker. He gets his info off forums or just recycles the same old rumours that we all know or have heard from real story breakers like The Mole who gets his news straight from the source, coach or clubs. His tips sound as open to interpretation as horoscopes do...

Buck777

Rumour on a couple of sites - South Sydney have signed a warrior - suggestions of Locke or Mutts, def not Lowrie. Once again - rumour
Scrap Locke it could be mutts or fish apparently

I'm told its on a sth Sydney site but still trying for a link - but Souths apparently saying they've bagged one of ours

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.