Rumour Warriors Player Movements, Re-signings, and Rumour Mill: 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

ToiletDuck

Administrator
Maybe the Fish?

Makes little sense. He's just had his best year, Bill Tupou is gone, Kevin Locke appears to be on the way out, and he's signed until 2015. If he's in the same boat as Kevin with wanting that FB spot, then he's got even less chance at Souffs.

Maybe the Fish?

Makes little sense. He's just had his best year, Bill Tupou is gone, Kevin Locke appears to be on the way out, and he's signed until 2015. If he's in the same boat as Kevin with wanting that FB spot, then he's got even less chance at Souffs.
Wasn't Locke rumored to be linked with Souths last year?

Reactions: mt.wellington
hmmmm this is interesting. i thought Todd Lowrie would of been great injury cover this year.this how ever leaves me slightly uneasy about our depth stocks. i am praying to the rugby league gods and will make a sacrifice shortly that we get an injury free year

are we signing anyone or is this cause of Sam Tomkins?

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
I suspect that Todd is going because someone else is coming in. " Sam Tomkins won't be the highest pai player in 2014 "
I actually think that the player that will be the highest paid is already in the system and thats Shaun Johnson. If you remember the Members Forum and the way Bell spoke about him it left little doubt in my mind that they would move heaven and hell to keep him.

Just spoke to one of the boys and there are a few players that arent happy. I'll know a lot more this Friday.

50/50 whether Locke will leave but he's trying his hardest to do so. Just looking for a club.

Lowrie is selling all his stuff so he's as good as gone aint he? Why buy him, lose Elijah and now lose Lowrie? Grrrrrrrrr SMH!!!

I actually think that the player that will be the highest paid is already in the system and thats Shaun Johnson. If you remember the Members Forum and the way Bell spoke about him it left little doubt in my mind that they would move heaven and hell to keep him.

Just spoke to one of the boys and there are a few players that arent happy. I'll know a lot more this Friday.

50/50 whether Locke will leave but he's trying his hardest to do so. Just looking for a club.

Lowrie is selling all his stuff so he's as good as gone aint he? Why buy him, lose Elijah and now lose Lowrie? Grrrrrrrrr SMH!!!
Cheers for that bro.

Yeah I've got a memory like an elephant , yeas Bell placed Johnson's upgrade at the center of the Warrior Universe.

Anything is possible of course , the clearing the deck of Kevin for Tomkins means no player is guaranteed to stay now.

If you remember the other thing about Bells speech is that it was at a time of hope , What we had internally seemed to prove worthy of staying on. Then the boys all went back to being inconsistent, I smell another big signing coming because back then I recon they had plans for Packer and Locke long term.

Reactions: mt.wellington

Jordan G

I find this whole situation very weird for a number of reasons.

1) In a team lacking leadership and experience we get rid of Lowrie. Granted I'm not a massive fan, but his presence off the field would be valuable (and maybe that is the problem, Elliott doesn't see him as a starter)

2) The Broncos? Really? With a back row of Thaiday, Glenn, Gillett, Parker.......Lowrie? Just doesn't compute, even as a depth signing.

3) We didn't buy Tomkins just so we could go through a rebuilding phase for a couple of years. Something is up.

4) Curious about what sort of unhappiness we're talking about. Either a general "Don't like change" unhappiness, or a "this club is screwed" unhappiness.[DOUBLEPOST=1381319396][/DOUBLEPOST]Also, if we end up with Cameron Ciraldo, Adrian Purtell, and Brad Tighe I may have to finally go postal.

Status
Not open for further replies.