Sports Transgender in Sport

Please define woke, and left while you're at it.

Generally your statement is a pile of dribble.
My post was on topic stating I do not agree with biological males competing in women's sport. As you brushed it off as dribble I will take it that you are ok with biological males competing against females. Even taking away records women have trained hard to achieve.

Are you ok with biological males getting changed in women's changing rooms? That has happened recently with the women that spoke up being punished.

My post was also consistent with statements I have made in the political thread. Politicians have regrets or answers for issues after they had a chance to resolve it.

You stick up for Labour all of the time in the political thread. Hipkins couldn't define a women.
Please answer how many genders are there?
Please define what a woman is?

Woke became a thing in the mid 2010's as people termed getting woke, slang for awake as they push for "social justice. Or term themselves as social justice warriors. Fighting for minorities or pushing for representation. All of that I agree with. What I don't like is the constant pushing of these things to the point they become racist themselves. Or when their hypocrisy gets pointed out they turn it into them being victims. Also the mistruths.

Robertson quoted the culture war. I pointed out it is the left that are pushing these things and often turning themselves into victims.

Often people will preach these things and get push back or they will harrass a specific group. When it comes back at them they state it is a harassment campaign. A company called Sweet Baby INC pushes for diversity in video games. One of their directors is on video stating to staff if you don't get what you want take your customer and scare them of the consequences. A gamer put out a list of the games they work on, something available on their website. They started a harassment campaign to get the guys Steam account taken down. When they got push back they said the company is under attack.

Comic book writers or presenters saying if you don't like our politics don't consume our product. The audience obliges. They then push that they are being victimised.

Diversity readings being forced on script writers. The diversity readers don't realise they are not just "Asians". A Chinese person has different life experiences to a Japanese person. Their cultures are also different.

They have deemed the terms latin or Pilipino as problematic and have tried to force latinx or philipinx on those ethnicities. I've seen people from those groups reply "Would you stupid white people stop labelling us". Pretty much doing exactly what they are supposed to be fighting against.

Gina Carono got fired by Disney for social media post that her male co-stars have made but align more with their political views. She took a group of people out from a group she supposedly offended. They came back and told Disney she is lovely. She then had to do a session with 40 LGBT representatives without any legal representation.

I've provided you a definition and some real world examples of the hypocrisy of it.

The term left or right is a political term. Feel free to look it up. I am not really interested in politics and vote election to election depending on policies or how things are going in the country or my life.

My post was on topic stating I do not agree with biological males competing in women's sport. As you brushed it off as dribble I will take it that you are ok with biological males competing against females. Even taking away records women have trained hard to achieve.

Are you ok with biological males getting changed in women's changing rooms? That has happened recently with the women that spoke up being punished.

My post was also consistent with statements I have made in the political thread. Politicians have regrets or answers for issues after they had a chance to resolve it.

You stick up for Labour all of the time in the political thread. Hipkins couldn't define a women.
Please answer how many genders are there?
Please define what a woman is?

Woke became a thing in the mid 2010's as people termed getting woke, slang for awake as they push for "social justice. Or term themselves as social justice warriors. Fighting for minorities or pushing for representation. All of that I agree with. What I don't like is the constant pushing of these things to the point they become racist themselves. Or when their hypocrisy gets pointed out they turn it into them being victims. Also the mistruths.

Robertson quoted the culture war. I pointed out it is the left that are pushing these things and often turning themselves into victims.

Often people will preach these things and get push back or they will harrass a specific group. When it comes back at them they state it is a harassment campaign. A company called Sweet Baby INC pushes for diversity in video games. One of their directors is on video stating to staff if you don't get what you want take your customer and scare them of the consequences. A gamer put out a list of the games they work on, something available on their website. They started a harassment campaign to get the guys Steam account taken down. When they got push back they said the company is under attack.

Comic book writers or presenters saying if you don't like our politics don't consume our product. The audience obliges. They then push that they are being victimised.

Diversity readings being forced on script writers. The diversity readers don't realise they are not just "Asians". A Chinese person has different life experiences to a Japanese person. Their cultures are also different.

They have deemed the terms latin or Pilipino as problematic and have tried to force latinx or philipinx on those ethnicities. I've seen people from those groups reply "Would you stupid white people stop labelling us". Pretty much doing exactly what they are supposed to be fighting against.

Gina Carono got fired by Disney for social media post that her male co-stars have made but align more with their political views. She took a group of people out from a group she supposedly offended. They came back and told Disney she is lovely. She then had to do a session with 40 LGBT representatives without any legal representation.

I've provided you a definition and some real world examples of the hypocrisy of it.

The term left or right is a political term. Feel free to look it up. I am not really interested in politics and vote election to election depending on policies or how things are going in the country or my life.
Woke is a term coopted by the right in a manufactured culture war that sees those that speak out about misogyny, bigotry and racism shut down and attacked for speaking up about it.

And it gets attributed to this mythical left that somehow wants to shut down free speech. Free speech on the right means the right to be racist, homophobic and transphobic whenever they want. If that's the case free speech also allows the right to call bullshit on those same people and call them out.

I see bigotry here from some posters, particularly in this thread. Some idiot posts stuff certainly leaning towards hate, knowing full well where it comes from, to "stir the pot".

This has largely originated in America, as has the culture wars, by those on the right and far right as part of long term aims to disrupt and divide. Trump does it all the time.

As always nothing is black and white.

Your assumption I stick up for labour is completely wrong.

Do I think it goes too far the other way? Yes I do. There's a lack of tolerance, particularly for things that have been corrected now but existed years ago.

Fair enough if you disagree with men competing in women's sport. I do too.

The changing rooms thing? Pretty certain that's a myth amplified by the far right as part of the culture war.

I will still call out bullshit where I see it. Blaming "woke" is an easy get out.

Oh and gaming? https://www.dazeddigital.com/life-c...-racism-sexism-and-right-wing-extremism-study

Woke is a term coopted by the right in a manufactured culture war that sees those that speak out about misogyny, bigotry and racism shut down and attacked for speaking up about it.

And it gets attributed to this mythical left that somehow wants to shut down free speech. Free speech on the right means the right to be racist, homophobic and transphobic whenever they want. If that's the case free speech also allows the right to call bullshit on those same people and call them out.

I see bigotry here from some posters, particularly in this thread. Some idiot posts stuff certainly leaning towards hate, knowing full well where it comes from, to "stir the pot".

This has largely originated in America, as has the culture wars, by those on the right and far right as part of long term aims to disrupt and divide. Trump does it all the time.

As always nothing is black and white.

Your assumption I stick up for labour is completely wrong.

Do I think it goes too far the other way? Yes I do. There's a lack of tolerance, particularly for things that have been corrected now but existed years ago.

Fair enough if you disagree with men competing in women's sport. I do too.

The changing rooms thing? Pretty certain that's a myth amplified by the far right as part of the culture war.

I will still call out bullshit where I see it. Blaming "woke" is an easy get out.

Oh and gaming? https://www.dazeddigital.com/life-c...-racism-sexism-and-right-wing-extremism-study
I think the right started using woke to combat the cancel culture and hate claims from the left which was used as an attacking strategy.

Woke was a defensive strategy to counter that extremism. Personality and identity politics is the domain of the left. Calling woke is the right highlighting it’s all pretty irrelevant in the real day to day world.

Eg I’ve never met a transgender playing sport. I’ve never met a gay person that wants to be a drag queen. The amount of time devoted to these relatively insignificant issues is because of wokeness…

Last edited:
I think the right started using woke to combat the cancel culture and hate claims from the left which was used as an attacking strategy.

Woke was a defensive strategy to counter that extremism. Personality and identity politics is the domain of the left. Calling woke is the right highlighting it’s all pretty irrelevant in the real day to day world.

Eg I’ve never met a transgender playing sport. I’ve never met a gay person that wants to be a drag queen. The amount of time devoted to these relatively insignificant issues is because of wokeness…

Interesting post. And I agree.

Wokeness makes EVERYTHING significant which isn’t realistic

The whole Woke culture needs to be cancelled and replaced with common sense. Problem is no one knows what common sense is anymore.

Is it, or is it because of conservative and Christian backlash. Example, no one gives a shit about rainbow road crossings until Brian's boys come along and paint over them. Often it's politicians manufacturing the outrage.
I haven’t heard any conservative or Christian politician commenting on the rainbow crossing painting except Chloe and the left defending it. (I don’t consider Tamaki a politician)

I think it’s the media that likes conflict and issues that are polarising.

I haven’t heard any conservative or Christian politician commenting on the rainbow crossing painting except Chloe and the left defending it. (I don’t consider Tamaki a politician)

I think it’s the media that likes conflict and issues that are polarising.
Yeah he loves the publicity, why would he do these stunts if he didn't want the media covering it

Back