Votes: 10 13.3%
  • Raiders 12-

Votes: 5 6.7%
  • Raiders 13+

Votes: 1 1.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bit weird to not cut Egan at the 24 hour mark to then announce the very next morning he isn't playing, isn't it?

Did they expect him to have a miracle sleep that would bring him right?
That’s what i said above. Unless they’re trying to play mind games on the raiders I’m a bit confused about it.
Isn't that what they did last week as well? Gave him until game day to make a call?

Isn't that what they did last week as well? Gave him until game day to make a call?
According to Tribe he was ruled out at 24 hours mark. However, there is zero downside for the team / club in ruling him out on GameDay, especially for away games, as he will have travelled with the team if he is a chance of playing and it won't affect the reserve grade side as they're playing in Aus.
But it gives the opposition more to think / worry about... As well as messing with fans and fans' Super Coach/ Fantasy teams haha.

I have been struggling with the 0 and 2 start after all the hype and off-season. Plus both of them being so close to victories. I am bloody nervous and hoping for a statement game.
I know what you mean. Personally I didn’t jump on the hype wave like the country has. It’s great for the club and brand, and it’s awesome the Warriors are the talk of the town and all.

But we’ve all been on this ride long enough to know 1 season isn’t indicative of a true shift. We gotta see more consistency. In saying that - I’m confident we’ll turn things around. We’ve been close, injuries and all.

Need to get the win today. Easy money 🍻

Bit weird to not cut Egan at the 24 hour mark to then announce the very next morning he isn't playing, isn't it?

Did they expect him to have a miracle sleep that would bring him right?

Short answer is they would not expect a miracle one sleep recovery however they would also have been told by the medicos that it is possible.

As Egan heals his function goes up by percentage or the other way to rate it is that the injury/symptoms decreases by percentage....excuse the confusion....let me break it down.

This week lets say he was rated at 85% recovered at the start of the week, 90% recovered by mid week.....you can see where this is going......at the 90 percentile his injury becomes a 'moderately to minor' injury.....however the medicos advice with an elbow could be that he has to hit 95% or above to be safer to play on a buggered elbow.

Expecting a five percent improvement in the range of motion with a few days left, even one night....is fool hardy true.....but ruling it out is also a mistake...because it happens, people do sleep on a moderate to minor injury and wake up five percent or more improved.

Interested to see how Webby works the subs today; the past two weeks its been fucky

Will Jazz come in where Walker would, or will Chanel for his ball-playing sorta thing
One could only assume you mean 'funky'. Or is this new lingo the kids are using nowadays? Haha 😅

I know what you mean. Personally I didn’t jump on the hype wave like the country has. It’s great for the club and brand, and it’s awesome the Warriors are the talk of the town and all.

But we’ve all been on this ride long enough to know 1 season isn’t indicative of a true shift. We gotta see more consistency. In saying that - I’m confident we’ll turn things around. We’ve been close, injuries and all.

Need to get the win today. Easy money 🍻
We seem to be tracking in the usual way after a great season, we are getting aimed up against, hunted, and suffering key injuries.

The difference after two rounds, is that this Warriors second year syndrome thing is being countered by effort and a will to win.

We have lost two games, but went down fighting hard, therefore this is not looking like a false dawn for the club at all.

I won't stress until the Warriors drop nuts and give up in a game.

We must have the worst luck in the comp for injuries of spine players!!

Last year both Metcalf and TMM at the same time, CNK, Egan and SJ all had their time off or hampering niggles.

We don’t seem to have many injuries in positions we have better depth in.

Anyway, at least we still have capable backups. I really think we need a win here! I know we are still playing well but you still need to convert wins!!!

We must have the worst luck in the comp for injuries of spine players!!

Last year both Metcalf and TMM at the same time, CNK, Egan and SJ all had their time off or hampering niggles.

We don’t seem to have many injuries in positions we have better depth in.

Anyway, at least we still have capable backups. I really think we need a win here! I know we are still playing well but you still need to convert wins!!!
Injuries even out over the course of the season. From memory, we had quite a few suspensions and injuries early last year (eg Barnett and his neck issue, Niukore suspension etc, Egan HIA's)

We are getting this out of our system and it should balance out over the year.
I expect if the forwards to our job and we attack them on defence like we did last week, that we should be too strong for them. Key is to get up early and create a buffer. I'm looking for a performance that is as close to 80 minutes as possible - discipline, accuracy and intent.

Raiders will hang around - thats what got them into the 8 last year and why they will be there or there abouts this season.

Tricky match up - but we have to execute this and get the 2 points. I don't care if we play like rubbish - as long as we have one more point than the opposition at full time.
I expect we step up another level from last week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back