Rumour Warriors Player Movements, Re-signings, And Rumour Mill: 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spence

Sgt. Pepper
I'm a huge Steve Rapira fan, but I agree - losing him is acceptable (although I'll be disappointed), but Sam is a must keep.

I kinda draw the line at ET. We need depth and Rapira is a great fringe player. We have the money, so short of Steve being guaranteed a first grade spot at Penrith (won't happen), there should be no way he goes.

Reactions: Spence

Akkerz

Contributor
IMO Steve Rapira when he's on is as much of an asset as Sam. Again imo Steve was given too few opportunies to prove his worth. But I know he has that mongrel we need.
Funny how Cleary now want's all the players he held back when he was a coach here.

Isn't it about time the Warriors told Mr & Mrs Cleary Gould to fuck off.

Navigator

Christchurch Born n bred white bait fed.
Contributor
IMO Steve Rapira when he's on is as much of an asset as Sam. Again imo Steve was given too few opportunies to prove his worth. But I know he has that mongrel we need.
Funny how Cleary now want's all the players he held back when he was a coach here.

Isn't it about time the Warriors told Mr & Mrs Cleary Gould to fuck off.
and go develop his own players.......we need to hold on to a base team.

Reactions: Akkerz

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Said it before and I'll say it again. Why does Penrith, with the largest league of juniors IN THE WORLD need to recruit from any club, let alone ours? They have more juniors in their neck of the woods then we have players of any age playing in this country?!? SMH...

Reactions: OMG and ramraider78
im sure Ivan is still wearing 'warriors' tinted glasses and looks more at our boys than his own backyard now. He was here when our 20's were dominant and probably has his eyes on some of them too, so not suprised he is looking

and as for steve, meh !...done nothing and much better 2nd rowers and props in the squad now. Steve for me was going to spend the season at the vulcans and only get a run at first grade through injury.

Slammin Sammy has to stay though !!

Reactions: Miket12
Said it before and I'll say it again. Why does Penrith, with the largest league of juniors IN THE WORLD need to recruit from any club, let alone ours? They have more juniors in their neck of the woods then we have players of any age playing in this country?!? SMH...

Aside from the obvious cleary connection, I think we are an easy target for them coz it's alot easier to entice someone from auck to move to penrith than it is someone who lives on the beaches of bondi- cronulla, manly etc- most Aussie based players are reluctant to move out to penrith.
Corey Norman is a current example- they have offered him a lot of coin but he still doesn't wanna go.
U make a good point tho- u would think they would have a lot more local juniors in that side

Steve needs to repay his 3 year contract imo. Has played fuck all in the last few years, surely he needs to make up for no time on the park and getting a good pay check.

If he heads off straight away after all his time out, would be a major slap in the face for the club.

Aside from the obvious cleary connection, I think we are an easy target for them coz it's alot easier to entice someone from auck to move to penrith than it is someone who lives on the beaches of bondi- cronulla, manly etc- most Aussie based players are reluctant to move out to penrith.
Corey Norman is a current example- they have offered him a lot of coin but he still doesn't wanna go.
U make a good point tho- u would think they would have a lot more local juniors in that side

When Gould took over he was trumpeting the local juniors and now over a 3rd of their roster are NZ born, 7 of them signed this season plus Taylor.
West NZ lol

Reactions: mt.wellington
https://www.sportal.com.au/news-display/the-lurkernrl-rumour-file-225770

The New Zealand Warriors have already pressed the panic button after one loss. The Warriors, without injured hooker Nathan Friend for an extended period, made a bid for Robbie Farah's back-up at Wests Tigers, Masada Iosefa, this week after their heavy loss at Parramatta.
But the Tigers, who will need Iosefa when Farah is on State of Origin duty, knocked back the request.

We really want another hooker apparently

Good. Cause if ain't gonna play Mara we fuckin need another hooker. Surely there aren't many on the market though...Iosefa and Waddell are off the market now, who's left? I'd be shocked if we didn't make a major play for Farah for 2014.

Danpatmac

Alehana Mara might want to try his had in the 13 jersey in the Vulcans... he ain't getting a first grade 9 jersey anytime soon. I reckon he might be a good running lock.

Ah well Elliot is buying players , trying too , that's about all we could have hoped for after the Bluey stance.

Alehana Mara might want to try his had in the 13 jersey in the Vulcans... he ain't getting a first grade 9 jersey anytime soon. I reckon he might be a good running lock.
I wonder where he is coming up short of the other gumby's they throw on at hooker...changing position isn't a silly idea....i wonder how him and Bill line up in a sprint race lol

Status
Not open for further replies.