Rumour Warriors Player Movements, Re-signings, And Rumour Mill: 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was reading on the reputable Warriors Supporters Facebook page that Kevin Locke was sitting next to someone on a flight and said he may be going to the Storm to play FB while Slater will move to 6 to prolong his career. Apparently from the horses mouth himself...

There is talk here in Melbourne of Slater going to 6 but they have a really good kid whose name escapes me who debuted this year and went well at FB. Also as they are now under new ownership I think they will want to bring their juniors through and Journeymen than make big signings. That said, it wouldn't be a silly move for Storm or Locke.

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
There is talk here in Melbourne of Slater going to 6 but they have a really good kid whose name escapes me who debuted this year and went well at FB. Also as they are now under new ownership I think they will want to bring their juniors through and Journeymen than make big signings. That said, it wouldn't be a silly move for Storm or Locke.
Ben Hampton? He went ok for them when the Old 3 were on Origin duty...

Was reading on the reputable Warriors Supporters Facebook page that Kevin Locke was sitting next to someone on a flight and said he may be going to the Storm to play FB while Slater will move to 6 to prolong his career. Apparently from the horses mouth himself...

Jeez, if he went to the Storm he'd go great guns. Would be interesting in that Packer is off to Bennetts side of town, and if Locke left to go under Bellamy, that's two players gone under genuine super coaches. I really hope we don't lose him. Leuluai went alright at 6, but I really do think he'd excel in the 9 jersey. No Locke means either Leuluai plays 6 while CT has to fight him for the spot, or CT goes to 6 with barely any competition beneath him :/

Reactions: 1 user
Can we come up with a different acronym for Chad, every time someone puts CT (I do it too) I shit myself thinking Carlos. Maybe Carlos could be traded to Wigan and see how he develops over the next couple of years if Wigan sees value in him .

Reactions: 2 users

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Can we come up with a different acronym for Chad, every time someone puts CT (I do it too) I shit myself thinking Carlos. Maybe Carlos could be traded to Wigan and see how he develops over the next couple of years if Wigan sees value in him .
Oh, you guys have been saying Chad Townsend and not Carlos Tuimavave! Made that mistake too. Definate change. CT is Tuimavave, first in first serve like TL is Thomas Leuluai and not Todd Lowrie...

How about when Townsend gets picked for first grade we say "we going to Chad-Town"?

Or Carlos can be referred to as "Los" it is the end of his name and also sounds a bit like the shortened version of "Laurie", and we all know he is the next Laurie Daley.

I can't see slater moving to 6, seen storm games and his ball playing skills aren't at that quality, why move one of the best fullbacks in the world? that would erase all the combinations he has with cronk..

cant see it happening, ridiculous really,

I also doubt the storm would get a warrior of all people, they usually build around their big 3 but signing locke would throw everything out of whack

Reactions: 1 users
I can't see slater moving to 6, seen storm games and his ball playing skills aren't at that quality, why move one of the best fullbacks in the world? that would erase all the combinations he has with cronk..

I also doubt the storm would get a warrior of all people, they usually build around their big 3 but signing locke would throw everything out of whack
They said the same thing about Lockyer. Very different players with different circumstances, I know, but it wouldn't exactly be a groundbreaking thing to happen in the NRL.

They said the same thing about Lockyer. Very different players with different circumstances, I know, but it wouldn't exactly be a groundbreaking thing to happen in the NRL.

The very thing I thought, you could also argue why move one of the worlds best centres to FB but it seemed to work ok for Inglis. Sometimes I think we get too hung up on jersey numbers.

Reactions: 2 users

Jordan G

Would like to see him stay, but I don't see him having a long term future with the Warriors first grade side and if he looks at the situation and feels the same way there's not much we can do to stop him from leaving.

thats a good point, but I still think Slaters strength is running the ball with space and time, and scoring off of wicked cronk set pieces, tell me im wrong, plus hes a little old to be moving positions dont you think? lockyer and inglis were both young and had time to adjust, where as slater might only just come good before retiring,

I think the storm would be a lot better leaving slater where he is and bringing in a new 5/8 but thats just me, and to be honest I don't care too much as long as the warriors still beat them

I hope he decides to stick around and fight for a spot.He definitly impressed me last start and I'm sure he will get better and better.Theres a bit of Francis Meli about this boy.

I agree with you but some here don't, and Aussies are never wrong you know.

Oh, you guys have been saying Chad Townsend and not Carlos Tuimavave! Made that mistake too. Definate change. CT is Tuimavave, first in first serve like TL is Thomas Leuluai and not Todd Lowrie...

But.. Tuimavave is known as Daley around these ways =P

I always thought the better player got the sweet abbreviations. TL and Lowrie both got here at the same time, but Lowrie is....well, you know - so TL is TL, not Lowrie.

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
But.. Tuimavave is known as Daley around these ways =P

I always thought the better player got the sweet abbreviations. TL and Lowrie both got here at the same time, but Lowrie is....well, you know - so TL is TL, not Lowrie.
Hahaha good point. I could live with the Chadinator being CT...

Status
Not open for further replies.