Recruitment Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention

Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
key: T = Team option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract

Confirmed Top 30 2024: 28/30
Confirmed Development 2024: 5/6

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 25/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 1/6

2025 Gains: Nil
2025 Losses: Addin Fonua-Blake (Sharks)

Last edited:
This is interesting

Even his insta stories over the last few days have been interesting then theres this one.

Trolling ?

Screenshot_20240315_212628_Instagram.jpg

We’ve got hotter and he’s got uglier since then though..
That is why I stay in shape. This is basically me and most of the girls I knew in high school. A lot look 10 years older than me.

Who knows where this will go. It could be a case of he just needs to get in shape after a disrupted pre season. It is a long season after all.

If he is on the outer and can look for other opportunities it isn't a given he'd stay in league. He has been linked to union a few times. That could have been just to help negotiations or genuine. If he is interested it would either be chasing money overseas or come back to NZ. He is at an older age so coming to NZ to try and make the All Blacks would be extremely tough. For some of the overseas competitions isn't there criteria to be able to get signed, like play X number of internationals? Not sure just thought I've seen that in the past.

Even if he stayed in league there would be a few cashed up clubs.

If it worked out and he came here I'd have faith Webster and McFadden have discussed it and sorted out a plan how he'd be used as he's a different player to AFB.

Can we offer them a player trade to bring him now? The season starts in pre-season so we may only need to find $400K for season 2024.
We have roster space with only 28 signed.

Storm forum coming to the realisation that something is going on with NAS. Instagram page pulled down this morning

I mean, it's all pretty strange aye.

1. Reports that a Storm player is on the outter and other teams keeping an eye
  2. NAS sells his house
  3. NAS posts a 👋 emoji with a purple background
  4. NAS deletes his Instagram

At the end of the day he's close to a top 10 prop that can swing a game in your favour from nothing. I can't see how he and Storm can have a great relationship for so long and then boom! It's over in a matter of 3 months. Something must have happened, but even now I can't see him being released until they get someone else in return, and we don't have much to give unfortunately...

Also, we were lucky with AFB that he wanted out of Sydney, with buggar all clubs having any money in their cap at the time he became available. We'd have a dog fight on our hands to beat out other teams for his signature...

2. NAS sells his house

At the end of the day he's close to a top 10 prop that can swing a game in your favour from nothing. I can't see how he and Storm can have a great relationship for so long and then boom! It's over in a matter of 3 months. Something must have happened, but even now I can't see him being released until they get someone else in return, and we don't have much to give unfortunately...

Also, we were lucky with AFB that he wanted out of Sydney, with buggar all clubs having any money in their cap at the time he became available. We'd have a dog fight on our hands to beat out other teams for his signature...
Thought it was interesting this morning from David long that he made mention of Tom Ale and Taine Tuaupiki in that stuff article about players that could be attracting interest. He sometimes gives hints like he did when talking about the halves logjam and insinuating Volkman could make way. Certainly not like for like but Ale could be of interest to the storm? I reckon his time at storm could be over

2. NAS sells his house

At the end of the day he's close to a top 10 prop that can swing a game in your favour from nothing. I can't see how he and Storm can have a great relationship for so long and then boom! It's over in a matter of 3 months. Something must have happened
Maybe they tried to get him to play the ball properly.

I can see us getting penalized out of games if he was here

Last edited:
I can see why the storm would be having a look at nas output last year (which wasn’t great for him although he did finish with an excellent international campaign) and with the way the game is heading second guessing the investment they’ve made in him.
On the other side of the coin I can see why our management would be looking at him as the best option to fill the afb size hole we need to fill- experienced- big body with an offload who can score a try and probably the most intimidating guy in the game.
I wouldn’t turn my nose up at a middle forward rotation including nas, Marata, Barney, tohu and walker while bleeding in some of the young guys.
From nas’s pov a change might be just what the dr ordered and if his long term plan is to return to nz this is the perfect opportunity.
Could be a win/win/win situation…. He’s probably the best we could hope for.

Back