General Warriors officially take over Vulcans

This really gets under my skin. I had involvement with the ARL a few years ago. It was the most deharmonised disjointed factionalised organisation I ever knew. They hated the NZRL for reasons I never found out and the feeling was apparently mutual. Then there was district rivalry. My club had an internal theft of a large amount of cash-but the perpetrator was protected by the ARL. I have a small degree of integrity so ended my association.
When I raised on a forum about the sale of Carlaw Park, which in a lot of leaguees minds was an act of betrayal, got told the ARL was on the brink of bankruptcy so the sale had to happen.
Ok so you say they have heaps of money now ( presuming from the Carlaw park sale). So I contact the ARL a few years ago for funding the league club out my way- when I say funding I was after some adequate lighting as the players were training in the headlights of their cars . You don't get more local level than this - ARL not interested suggesting the mad butcher. Most would agree that local league has gone backwards at a huge rate of knots in the last two decades. This is when the ARL had 'heaps' of cash apparently. They've done nothing at a time when league has a massive profile.

I'm a bit young to the local RL politics from those years ago but I love drinking with the old school members from our club that were around during that "sale" - the old chairman told me 12 clubs payed the mortgage at the time over Carlaw park to get it out of the red - it's still owned by ARL, "Carlaw Park Heritage Trust" , the property portfolio for ARL is worth between 41 - 47 million that has been published. The land that carlaw park was on is still owned by ARL along with the properties up Grafton. Everything is commercially sensitive when questions are raised by chairman's about how much $ is there - Our chairman tells us over a beer , ARL think people from South Auckland can't read a financial statement, lol.

Apparently you need a forensic accountant to find out how much ARL really has in money because everything is hidden behind trusts which most of the trustees are the ARL board lol. I know in the local game people put shit on Mt Albert club but there the same people who have come out with the information about all this carry on, I was surprised when they approached a group of 20+ hawks supporters during the Mt Albert - Hawks game on tv and told us all this stuff;fortunate for them some of the senior committee was there and were fuming.

That surprises me Buck about a loan request for your local club, because manukau got 100k for renovations the other year and Bay roskill 150k last year to do the club up and stop it from stinking into the ground. I suppose it's who you know in ARL. You'll have better luck from your local board with training lights - our's have been signed off for summer 2014.

Your right about the grounds , most clubs have sold off there fields but there's a few that still own there club rooms, otahuhu,hawks, and Mt Albert are ones I know about.

We sign a participation agreement every year with council about the use of the grounds and the things they have to provide - though we don't pay to use the fields, central clubs i hear have to pay every season?

The local board for your area pay's for lighting at parks, we are getting it done for one of our satellite parks we have under our control during the season - been signed of for 2014.

Yeah I thought so.
Makes sense re: the maintenance.
Perhaps the focus like you said it to improve park facilities and basically try and get a few little stadium almost.

Manurewa have a great facilitiy - only be there once to the new clubs.
But they hadnt really learned to use it for gamedays etc. and it looked bare.

I would still like a little stadium a la Carlaw Park - city is too expensive perhaps somewhere out East.
Botany Downs area. Play match of the rounds their.

Rugby World Cup was criminal...they spent 100,000 of thousands doing up the grounds to all the boutique and top rugby clubs in Auckland.
Just for a few training sessions.

Yet Tongan RL (who are bigger/higher paid) than theyre rugby counterparts - are fine to train at Otahuhu RL grounds lol

Reactions: mt.wellington

Buck777

I'm a bit young to the local RL politics from those years ago but I love drinking with the old school members from our club that were around during that "sale" - the old chairman told me 12 clubs payed the mortgage at the time over Carlaw park to get it out of the red - it's still owned by ARL, "Carlaw Park Heritage Trust" , the property portfolio for ARL is worth between 41 - 47 million that has been published. The land that carlaw park was on is still owned by ARL along with the properties up Grafton. Everything is commercially sensitive when questions are raised by chairman's about how much $ is there - Our chairman tells us over a beer , ARL think people from South Auckland can't read a financial statement, lol.

Apparently you need a forensic accountant to find out how much ARL really has in money because everything is hidden behind trusts which most of the trustees are the ARL board lol. I know in the local game people put shit on Mt Albert club but there the same people who have come out with the information about all this carry on, I was surprised when they approached a group of 20+ hawks supporters during the Mt Albert - Hawks game on tv and told us all this stuff;fortunate for them some of the senior committee was there and were fuming.

That surprises me Buck about a loan request for your local club, because manukau got 100k for renovations the other year and Bay roskill 150k last year to do the club up and stop it from stinking into the ground. I suppose it's who you know in ARL. You'll have better luck from your local board with training lights - our's have been signed off for summer 2014.

They got the lights through the lotteries commission in the end. Have to say after the ARL wouldn't help I did a moan to my local hairdresser ( her son played in the junior team). Next minute I get a call from some woman from the NZ netball association ( I kid you not). She said that they'd be happy to add double lights to their court lights so the guys could train in the light in the field beside the courts. What a top lady! Gave me hope in sports administration again.

Reactions: Sup42
They got the lights through the lotteries commission in the end. Have to say after the ARL wouldn't help I did a moan to my local hairdresser ( her son played in the junior team). Next minute I get a call from some woman from the NZ netball association ( I kid you not). She said that they'd be happy to add double lights to their court lights so the guys could train in the light in the field beside the courts. What a top lady! Gave me hope in sports administration again.
It's little wonder hearing stuff like that , people like Raelen Castle are sort after outside of our fish bowl

Reactions: 1 person